Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: After Hours

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

After Hours

Hello everyone! I'm Tilly, the lady in the ticket booth on Main Street. I sit around and stare all day for my job in front of a movie theater. That's only part of me.

Esmeralda, Shrunken Ned, and I have the time of our lives once Disneyland closes. Me and Esmeralda get out of our booths and help Ned get out of his. Esmeralda, Shrunken Ned, and I always go in the movie theater that sits behind me. Shrunken Ned and Esmeralda give me fortunes everyday! Shrunken Ned is such a nice old head and Esmeralda is so funny. We go on the jungle cruise to see the back side of water! Esmeralda does not like Madame Leota, but Shrunken Ned has got his eyes on her. One time, we lost Shrunken Ned on Thunder Mountain by the goat with the dynamite! One time, we got to see Abe. We never see him anymore. The reason why, is because he was yelling out the Gettysburg Address on Space Mountain. Pirates is closed, so that all of the pirates can "hang" out with us. We all went on Indiana Jones together and said "hi" to Indy, all 3 of them. For a souvenir, Jack Sparrow gave us one gold coin each! I felt like a princess! All of the dolls on "it's a small world" are Angelina Jolie's kids! Sorry, I wanted to make a joke. I sat with Esmeralda, Shrunken Ned, and Jack on the Matterhorn. Both yedis said hi to us as we rode by. After that, we went to Club 33 and invited everyone that we saw that night (except Abe). The 3 Indys did not know about eachother that night, same with the yedis. Then, we all just got back to our positions before the park opened the next day.

More adventures will be coming up soon on this blog. I hope you liked the story!
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

Re: After Hours

Sorry about being inaccurate, I wrote this story down when Pirates of the Caribbean was closed a few years ago. Some of the stories I tell will be a couple years old, but I hope you enjoy them!
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-

• Evil is Sexy

I thought Harold One and Harold Two were part of an early clone experiment from Innoventions? Yeti's are furry, misunderstood souls.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Yetis and Cats

The yetis are really nice. They are so cold in that mountain, so they like to stay indoors. The first one is named Matt and the next one is Ron named after "Matterhorn". The other one is Howard, because the humans called him that. They are triplets. They always yell at you when you go by, because they want to go in your bobsled to get down the mountain and get indoors. They can get run over if they try to get down during the day. Anyway, the other yetis where you only see their eyes, are Bob and Bobbie (boy and girl) named after "bobsled". They do not like people and loves their dark, mysterious dens. They keep all of the lost items from the ride in their caves. Hats, glasses, a couple pairs of mickey ears, and stuff like that. We try not to talk about them. Matt, Ron, and Howard are really nice, they like hot chocolate and it's a small world. I know it's weird that they like the song, but they hear yodeling everyday!

We get to see the cats all of the time! They keep the rats and mice away. That's why Mickey is not at Disneyland during night time. They are dirty from doing their job, but they like to get rubs on their bellies now and then. We named them: Marie, Berlioz, Toulouse, Duchess, O'Malley, Cheshire Cat, Si, Am, Oliver, Lucifer, Figaro and Pom Pom. If you have any more Disney cat names, please post it on here, because we have about 100 cats! If you have questions on the cat names just ask, because they are all from Disney movies.

If you have any questions at all about what we do in the park, feel free! I would love to answer!
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Tilly; 05-07-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Thunder Mountain Renovation

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is one of the fastest rides at Disneyland. Now, because of the new track being built in, all of Frontierland is pretty much blocked off for visitors, but not for us. The indian village, that humans see on the Rivers of America, they all get to the animals trapped inside the wooden walls. Sparky the goat is glad to keep the stick of dynamite out of his mouth for 9 months. That is really the only thing he does. Talking with his mouth "full" gives him a headache. They can't eat or drink though, because we would break down. All of them are scared and sad to see the track, their memories, go away. They are realizing that they are old, but they forget that some rides are way older than them and they look good. The indian chief that you see on the white horse, he told them, "Nothing will happen to you, I promise". The animals are being taken care of at the moment, so don't worry.

Every night, once everyone leaves the park, all of the animatronics wake up to start their day, when people are here riding their attraction, that is their job. My best friends (as it says in my signature) is Esmeralda, the fortune teller at the Penny Arcade. She is Esmeralda at work station, but everyone else calls her Ezzy. We pretty much run Main Street U.S.A. besides Abe. We do everything together! We talk about our day, talk about past experiences, the latest gossip at Disneyland, pretty much everything. I told her just yesterday about these stories and she wanted to be mentioned in them. Our other friend is Shrunken Ned in Adventureland. We call ourselves the "Booth Buddies". We know about Fortune Red in New Orleans Square, but he hangs out with the Pirates of the Caribbean pirates and try to be more like them.

Me, Esmeralda, or anyone else in the park would love to hear your experiences with us on your trips here and we desperately want to answer your questions on anything at all. If you have children, tell them these stories, they might be freaked out or completely into it. Just spreading the word. Thank you for reading

A Whole New World

Ned, Ezzy, and I were just hanging out with Tom Morrow on the people mover track, sitting, talking, then we see Murphy the dragon flying around and Roger Rabbit #4 (the one with the portable hole and the stretching arm) was on Murphy's back flaling his arm yelling "MEETING! MEETING!" so we went down to Abe's place.

So, we all get into the theater with everyone else all confused. Abe is sitting in his chair, Roger is there, and Dialilah (the shorter cartoon phone in Toontown, get it, you dial a number, Dialilah) are on stage.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...nOZ_UH6bodoOEg

Once everyone got situated, Roger starts, "Thank you for coming to this emergency, but you won't believe what happened...to both of us!"
    Apparently, he was talking to Dialilah and Chatty Cathy and then Dialilah rings, not Cathy. Yes, they have different phone numbers. First of all, humans can't call them, only cartoon phones can call each other, it was very strange. Roger did not want to pick it up, but he did anyway and said, "Hello?" very fearfully.
    "Uhh...hi...who is this?," said the caller.
    "That is none of your business, you were the one who called!"
    "I just picked a number from the phone book, I was bored. Is this Disneyland?"
    "Yes, why?"
    "Wow! I can't believe we finally got to talk to you guys! I'm from California Adventure! We are the park across from you. I'm James P. Sullivan, but you can call me Sulley! (Who is it Sulley?) It's someone in Disneyland!"
    "This is so amazing! We had no idea that you could call us! Who is with you?"
    "That's my friend Mike, but there are many of us here. Umm..what's your name?"
    "I'm Roger Rabbit, but I'm sure you will meet many of us very soon. We have to call you again, I have to tell everybody!"
    "Ok! Gotta tell my park too. Hey, sorry for scaring you, but I'm a monster, we do that sometimes."
    "A monster? That is exciting! It's alright though. Thank you for calling!"
    "Bye!"
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...eeWKTRJMvLXKbQ

So, I guess at California Adventure, this monster guy also said that his phone was in the line for his ride and found us! I can't believe it! This really is a whole new world that we have to explore.
    For the next few days, Sulley would call again and everyone lined up to talk to them. There are very cool animatronics over there. Mermaids, monsters, bugs, cars, even a giant potato! The mermaid is a princess, her name is Ariel, so Snow White and the mermaid on "it's a small world" bonded with all 4 of her. There were so many cool rides like a tower of terror, a ferris wheel, a rollercoaster and flying over California! I wish we could go over there without being seen, but at least we made new friends that we can get to know a bit better.
    Last edited by Tilly; 09-03-2013 at 02:09 PM.

• Tickets please...

Yes, animatronics are people too! XD

The fact my username is interchangable between two Ezra characters is useful, but as you can see I'm more adopting the persona of the Phantom Manor (DLRP) Ezra on this account. Who happens to work in a ticket booth too... just a rather scarier one and at a train depot. Everyone likes ghost trains, right?

Nice too know there are others who are fans of the animatronics. I kinda have ideas of what certain character's personalities are like too. Mostly Haunted Mansion and Phantom Manor.

• DAFD

You should read the real AA's tell their stories on twitter.
    @MainStTilly
    @MsMainStFortune
    @EyeOfMara
    @HaroldSnowman
    @DrShrunkenNed
    @BTMRRGoat
    @ProfBarnabyOwl
    @TinkerbellDL
    @CarolynCrosson
    @JCBengalTiger
    @SplashMtDrummer
    @StichWDWAA
    @ArchwaySkull
    @Mostro_Whale
    @RozMonstersInc
    @nemoseagulls

Awesome!
    For the love of Disney....

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandwow View Post
    You should read the real AA's tell their stories on twitter.
    @MainStTilly
    @MsMainStFortune
    @EyeOfMara
    @HaroldSnowman
    @DrShrunkenNed
    @BTMRRGoat
    @ProfBarnabyOwl
    @TinkerbellDL
    @CarolynCrosson
    @JCBengalTiger
    @SplashMtDrummer
    @StichWDWAA
    @ArchwaySkull
    @Mostro_Whale
    @RozMonstersInc
    @nemoseagulls
    I am not allowed to have a twitter account, but that would be fun to do.

Losing a Night

I am sure all of you know that on Friday, Disneyland was open for 24 hours. Us animatronics did not know that, we thought everyone was breaking the rules by staying after closing time. All of us lost a magical night and worked longer!
    Within that 24 hours, no one cared about me. It is fun to count the people with Mickey hats on though. I wish the kiddies walking down Main Street could be excited to see me as they are with Peter Pan or Pinocchio. If only I was on an actual ride so everyone notices me. I know I am part of an attraction, but they like to see the old history inside and not the non-moving ticket booth lady out front. I wish that next time you go, show some love
    Back to the "all-nighter" I guess that is what it's called. Some people had these Mickey ears on that had a blue monster on it. Last night, Sulley called from California Adventure again and explained everything. I guess this whole event was dedicated to him and his friends. We now know what Sulley and Mike look like, because of all of the merchandise we saw. Mike only has one eye! I think Kathy and Dialilah (the telephones) witnessed the characters having a party in Toontown. I wish that the real Mike and Sulley from California Adventure could come over here and we could celebrate whatever they accomplished that caused all this, it seems like graduating from college? I hope they deserved all of the support and praise they need for their hard work.
    Last night, before Sulley called, we all could not believe that we did not get the schedule. The White Rabbit was angry, because he was late for an important date surprisingly. We remember something like this last year when February got an extra day and we were all tired the next day too. I almost asked on this thread about it, but thank goodness Sulley told us.
    If you went, I hope you had fun, because we worked overtime! If you want to share experiences, please do, I want to hear what humans have to say about our home. I live to answer your questions, I look forward to coming on here, but then there are no questions. I hope you enjoyed Friday!

Love these stories! So fun. You are very creative, nice to see you back. :-) Hope to read more about Tilly and her after hours adventures.
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

• Disneyland 19 year APH

So how did you feel that the park was open for 24 hours?
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    So how did you feel that the park was open for 24 hours?
    Well, our bodies work like a clock when we work. we know what time we should start and we know what time to stop. Plus, Geppetto told us, because of his workshop has a bunch of clocks and the White Rabbit had the time, he was late for something. we all knew it was later than usual and we saw the sun rise while we were still working.
    Last edited by Tilly; 07-03-2013 at 10:32 AM.

HELP!

Hey guys! Guess what? Every year, we always have a kickoff to summer and this year, the flowers over at Alice in Wonderland had an idea of putting a together the first "Miss Disneyland" beauty pageant! Everyone at Disneyland votes, but we need you to help too for nominating our lucky ladies who will compete for the title of "Miss Disneyland".

First, you must choose one female animatronic (or figurine in my case) from each land (frontierland, there are the indian ladies. Tomorrowland has Darla). They must be currently at Disneyland, for example, you cannot pick Teddi Barrafrom Country Bear Jamborre for it is not here anymore. She would have loved to do this and probably could have won.

Finally, please submit your answers on my other thread called "Miss Disneyland". Some people did not follow all of the rules correctly, so I hope you do it right.

Our nominees would go through a wardrobe round, a talent portion, and they must answer a question.

I will announce our nominees in a story later, I will announce them at Disneyland on June 9th, so please submit your nominees quickly!

Thank you and I hope you have a fun time thinking about this! Again, please answer on my other thread "Miss Disneyland"

Have fun!

Toontown Explosion

Everyone probably started chatting away on here as soon as the Toontown explosion went off last week. The telephones in Toontown heard it, because it took place behind their workplace. They said it was like a popping sound. Both of them saw everyone leaving that land. At first, Kathy thought it was someone with a gun, but these men in uniforms came and took care of everything and then Toontown was opened back up again later in the day.

The Rogers, Jessica, and the weasels had no idea. They knew that something was wrong, because the ride was shut down and they didn't know why. Then, when they had to work again, they had to ask someone what was going on.

The explosion was scary for all of us. It was even a cast member! The world now is not like the 1960s anymore, all happy and no worries. We asked ourselves, why would someone do this to the Happiest Place on Earth? We are all glad that no one was hurt and he is out of here. I hope, we all hope, that something like this does not happen again.

We don't want little children to be scared of this magical place.
    Last edited by Tilly; 07-03-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast