Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: WDI patents new ride system

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Cook View Post
    The teaser trailer doesn't make it look that interesting, but I still wouldn't want to prejudge a movie based on that alone. It sure seems that Pixar didn't do their reputation any favors with Cars 2, though.
    Planes isn't a Pixar film; it's being wholly developed by the Disney Studios. Pixar is not involved.
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

• No Disassemble!

That looks like an attraction that would break down often.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

just a note: Planes is not Pixar. They removed their name from the movie. Also the lead actor changed too, I think they changed actors after it was already done too and they had to re-record all the lines over again. I don't think it is going to be popular just based on the fact Pixar decided they wanted nothing to do with it anymore. It is strictly Disney not Pixar.

Quote Originally Posted by oo_nrb View Post
    Planes isn't a Pixar film; it's being wholly developed by the Disney Studios. Pixar is not involved.
    LOL. It looks like we both posted at the same time. Actually it was originally a Pixar film. Pixar showed a preview at D23 a couple years ago. They just recently removed themself from the project. Also it was originally going to be a theatrical release, then Pixar decided to make it straight to dvd, Then Pixar dropped it and Disney picked it up, changed the actors and decided to release it in theaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Cook View Post
    I mean, what's next, Boats? A heartwarming tale about a galleon trying to find a place in today's oceans.
    That actually sounds way better than Planes...

The biggest downfall I see is the time it will take to load and unload this type of attraction. It will be like Dumbo or Astro Orbiter where you will have to completely stop the ride, unload then load. Sometimes that process takes longer than the ride itself greatly lowering the guest capacity per hour.

Though I guess you could increase the hourly capacity my having multiple tunnels that loaded and unloaded at different times.

Not every ride can be an OmniMover People Eater!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mine,mine,mine View Post
    LOL. It looks like we both posted at the same time. Actually it was originally a Pixar film. Pixar showed a preview at D23 a couple years ago. They just recently removed themself from the project. Also it was originally going to be a theatrical release, then Pixar decided to make it straight to dvd, Then Pixar dropped it and Disney picked it up, changed the actors and decided to release it in theaters.
    It was never a Pixar film. Planes started and ended with DisneyToon Studios.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Are they planning on making an attraction based on this film already?

The film itself looks awful but this ride system looks totally fun..
    Maybe, or maybe not. Your guess is as good as anyone else's I think.

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Let's make it clear that this is not for a Planes attraction.

WDI has tons of patents for ride systems, even if they aren't currently planning to build an attraction for the particular ride system.

There is no Planes attraction in development for Disneyland at this time.
    This would be the first I'm hearing of it, but it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Roythe13th View Post
    Maybe replace the planes with X Wing and TIE Fighters.
    I think if they're going to invest this amount of money into the new technology, your idea is winning.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    Technically, the Matterhorn was based on a movie that all but disappeared so a good ride would be a good ride, regardless of its source. I would hope these planes flip 360 degrees, but I doubt that would happen.
    The Matterhorn was not based on a movie. Other than Walt seeing the mountain when visiting the set and thinking it would be really cool to duplicate the mountain in his park, it had nothing to do with the movie.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    That looks like an attraction that would break down often.
    lol...don't they all? :P
    For the love of Disney....

Quote Originally Posted by oo_nrb View Post
    DisneyToon Studios, actually, as opposed to Walt Disney Animation Studios, but Planes is a John Lasseter-endorsed and -produced followup to the Cars movies, which he directed personally, so there is that connection, and bad-sequel-cash-grab-wise Pixar's own hands are not the cleanest with Cars 2, so there is that association as well.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The Matterhorn was not based on a movie. Other than Walt seeing the mountain when visiting the set and thinking it would be really cool to duplicate the mountain in his park, it had nothing to do with the movie.
    That's right, and of course it was a great way to hide the ugly Skyway tower that was closest to Sleeping Beauty Castle, in addition to being a great excuse to put in Disneyland's first roller coaster.

Hoping they use it for a popular live action marvel or Star Wars ride(s). THOSE non-animation disney blockbusters are a crowd magnet.

Looks awesome.
    Only one problem, I heard from my animation friends that Planes is not the same caliber of a Pixar or Disney Feature Animation film. It’s being produced by the TV division at a much lower budget. The story is plain too (no pun intended) It’s being released theatrically only to fill their schedule due to fewer theatrical films being produced.
    However, they should proceed with this even if it’s a different theme. Maybe “Plane Crazy,” “Star Wars.” etc. The ideas are endless.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The Matterhorn WAS based on a movie, "Third Man on the Mountain." Look it up.

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

Maybe the ride could be based on the unproduced short based on Roald Dahl's gremlin book, especially since the gremlins themselves have become slightly more recognizable as more than the emblem for the WASPs (womens auxiliary service pilots) thanks to the Epic Mickey games.

The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast