Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Re: WDI patents new ride system

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Cook View Post
    The teaser trailer doesn't make it look that interesting, but I still wouldn't want to prejudge a movie based on that alone. It sure seems that Pixar didn't do their reputation any favors with Cars 2, though. I mean, what's next, Boats? A heartwarming tale about a galleon trying to find a place in today's oceans. Or how about a movie that takes place in the human world like Toy Story? Gun Story will be about Otto, a shiny new black AR-15 that evokes the jealously of Tex, an old six-shooter that up till now had always been the favorite of his owner, Drew. Tex manages to implicate Otto in a crime, and then calls the BATF, who confiscates Otto and sends him on a secret mission to a Mexican drug cartel. This would come either before or after Tool Story, which takes place in a little old mom & pop hardware store that is being run out of business by the new Home Depot opening down the street. Man, this stuff practically writes itself!
    Hey, they've already animated the opening sequence to Tool Story! Wierd Al Yankovic did the theme song, and an acquaintance did a video for it in Flash. (Trust me, it's worth watching - even though this is the "Lossy" version that gets a bit jerky - Can't find the High Res file...) The Hardware Store - YouTube

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
    The Matterhorn WAS based on a movie, "Third Man on the Mountain." Look it up.
    I think many people make this mistake ... To think it was, was purely coincidental to the timing of both.

Don't read myths.

Read the real story:

Voyages Extraordinaires: The Matterhorn Bobsleds
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Thanks, TL '67, I spent an hour on that site.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
    The Matterhorn WAS based on a movie, "Third Man on the Mountain." Look it up.
    It was not based on "Third Man on the Mountain". Again, Walt was only inspired to build it in his park while seeing the mountain from the set of that movie. It had nothing to do with the movie itself.

If he saw the mountain in any of these movies and was inspired to build it in his park, would you say that it is based on these?
    Fight for the Matterhorn (1928)
    The Mountain Calls (1938)
    The Challenge (1938)
    Climbing the Matterhorn (1947)

Of course the answer would be "no". Inspiration can come from anywhere. He could have been taking a shower and seen the mountain from his bathroom window. That doesn't mean that the ride was based on his shower. He just happened to be visiting the set when inspiration happened.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by mine,mine,mine View Post
    LOL. It looks like we both posted at the same time. Actually it was originally a Pixar film. Pixar showed a preview at D23 a couple years ago. They just recently removed themself from the project. Also it was originally going to be a theatrical release, then Pixar decided to make it straight to dvd, Then Pixar dropped it and Disney picked it up, changed the actors and decided to release it in theaters.
    With that kind of history it's bound to be a flop.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123