Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Last edited by imaginashton; 05-05-2013 at 08:54 AM.

Re: WDI patents new ride system

Condor Flats anyone?

• The doctor is in

Update Soarin' Over California and then we'll talk.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

That actualy looks really cool. I'd like to see something done with that system at the DLR somewhere.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Are they planning on making an attraction based on this film already?

The film itself looks awful but this ride system looks totally fun..

• Minion

Let's make it clear that this is not for a Planes attraction.

WDI has tons of patents for ride systems, even if they aren't currently planning to build an attraction for the particular ride system.

There is no Planes attraction in development for Disneyland at this time.

• Shubisha

Maybe it's a disguise for an avatar attraction when you're flying on one of those creatures' backs.

Whatever it is I would hope there's more to the ride than the tunnel portion Oh maybe they could intersperse video fly-by simulation scenes with real prop scenes back and forth. There could be a dragon, some spiders maybe, some demon looking guys....

Maybe replace the planes with X Wing and TIE Fighters.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Looks like fun! I just *hope* that this isn't connected with the film Planes at all. Not excited about that movie one bit. Simple money-grubbing Cars​ franchise copy-cat.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Looks like fun! I just *hope* that this isn't connected with the film Planes at all. Not excited about that movie one bit. Simple money-grubbing Cars​ franchise copy-cat.
    I couldn't agree more. Planes looks awful.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Under that tree again!

The simple drawings look to be for a stupid ride.

When in a moving vehicle facing forward you tend to look only forward. So your focus would be on all the planes ahead of you not the screens to the sides. This is unlike the DLRR with sideways seats to look into the park. This is unlike the subs where you look at a portal to see the scenes you go by.

Think about being on something with an open compartment, jet ski, bike, motorcycle, snowmobile, horse, hang glider ect... you are looking where you are going, not at what's next to you. You want to see what you are headed into, not what you are passing by.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

You have to file patents on designs before somebody else does and locks you out. Sometimes patents are successfully filed even for existing or obvious ideas (not referring to this case necessarily) that anybody could and would come up with (not supposed to happen, but does quite a bit anyway).

Looks like fun!
    Yeah, I hope that they can find a good use for it--something that fits thematically wherever it is placed, for starters.

I just *hope* that this isn't connected with the film Planes at all. Not excited about that movie one bit. Simple money-grubbing Cars​ franchise copy-cat.
    The teaser trailer doesn't make it look that interesting, but I still wouldn't want to prejudge a movie based on that alone. It sure seems that Pixar didn't do their reputation any favors with Cars 2, though. I mean, what's next, Boats? A heartwarming tale about a galleon trying to find a place in today's oceans. Or how about a movie that takes place in the human world like Toy Story? Gun Story will be about Otto, a shiny new black AR-15 that evokes the jealously of Tex, an old six-shooter that up till now had always been the favorite of his owner, Drew. Tex manages to implicate Otto in a crime, and then calls the BATF, who confiscates Otto and sends him on a secret mission to a Mexican drug cartel. This would come either before or after Tool Story, which takes place in a little old mom & pop hardware store that is being run out of business by the new Home Depot opening down the street. Man, this stuff practically writes itself!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    The simple drawings look to be for a stupid ride.

When in a moving vehicle facing forward you tend to look only forward. So your focus would be on all the planes ahead of you not the screens to the sides. This is unlike the DLRR with sideways seats to look into the park. This is unlike the subs where you look at a portal to see the scenes you go by.

Think about being on something with an open compartment, jet ski, bike, motorcycle, snowmobile, horse, hang glider ect... you are looking where you are going, not at what's next to you. You want to see what you are headed into, not what you are passing by.
    It may be more like the views you get from the Haunted Mansion , or Peter Pan.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Cook View Post

The teaser trailer doesn't make it look that interesting, but I still wouldn't want to prejudge a movie based on that alone. It sure seems that Pixar didn't do their reputation any favors with Cars 2, though. I mean, what's next, Boats? A heartwarming tale about a galleon trying to find a place in today's oceans. Or how about a movie that takes place in the human world like Toy Story? Gun Story will be about Otto, a shiny new black AR-15 that evokes the jealously of Tex, an old six-shooter that up till now had always been the favorite of his owner, Drew. Tex manages to implicate Otto in a crime, and then calls the BATF, who confiscates Otto and sends him on a secret mission to a Mexican drug cartel. This would come either before or after Tool Story, which takes place in a little old mom & pop hardware store that is being run out of business by the new Home Depot opening down the street. Man, this stuff practically writes itself!
    Pretty funny, I cracked up with Tool Story. Maybe you should patent or copyright your ideas before Disney grabs them.

Technically, the Matterhorn was based on a movie that all but disappeared so a good ride would be a good ride, regardless of its source. I would hope these planes flip 360 degrees, but I doubt that would happen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast