Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Nor Cal AP'er

Re: Has anyone sat in the smoking section to view Fantasmic?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Or even worse: CORN NUTS. YUCK. Sorry, passengers cannot eat those when I'm driving. If you're eating them while driving, let me out so I can walk.
    +1 I thought I was the only one who felt that way about corn nuts! EWWW! I rather stand next to a smoker than behind someone with an Ipad filming the show!
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!

I'm not saying I complain about smoking in the smoking section. Just that I'd prefer people didn't smoke, but that's not exactly within my control.

I'm with you on the I-pads filming the show. I take a lot of pictures, but I fold in my LCD screen and I keep the camera as low as physically possible so I don't block the people behind me. And I'm short, so it's not like I'd block people even if I did try. it's a matter of thinking about others or not (the I-pad people aren't thinking about anybody else at all, I suspect).
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Obviously that's not the issue here. Someone was claiming that the smoking areas were all tucked away. They aren't, as I pointed out in my previous post.
    That's subjective, from my point of view they're all pretty tucked away in areas nonsmoking guests would not choose to congregate for any length of time. Exception: this smoking area, only during Fantasmic.

Thats why if they moved the smoking area to the garden in front of the gates of the Mansion (before the railroad), during show times, I wouldn't be against it.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment 626 View Post
    +1 I thought I was the only one who felt that way about corn nuts! EWWW! I rather stand next to a smoker than behind someone with an Ipad filming the show!
    Dude: Road trip! High five

Man this thread got heated!! I will say that I find it kind of rude when people smoke in esplanade right in front of the gates. If there was any place that is high traffic that's the one!! I actually found a wonderful place to relax in the esplanade: the picnic area. I was there with some friends and we wanted to smoke, so we walked over there to get away from the crowds, and found a completely empty shaded area with plenty of benches, tables, and SHADE! I highly recommend escaping the crowds by using that spot.

Calsig31: I actually forgot about the one next to the Matterhorn, and I agree, that is a fairly high traffic area. The old Motorboat Cruise docks would probably be a better spot, but I think they were hoping that the exhaust from the Autopia would cover the smell lol
    "Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding. Perhaps you sense a disquieting metamorphosis occurring? Is this room actually stretching, or is it your imagination?"

- I think we all know where this is from

I'm a smoker and I do feel the smoking areas in DL are kinda weird aside from the one on the dock near Haunted Mansion. Maybe they just don't have the space, but they are too close to pathways and I'm not comfortable smoking around children (though some people still bring their kids into the smoking areas).

On the positive side, the smoking area near Matterhorn features a pretty awesome detail where there are three different railings intersecting.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    They aren't all tucked away. The one under the Monorail beam by the Matterhorn is horrible. It's right next to a crowded walkway as well as the line for the ride. People stand right at the edge of he smoking area blowing their poisonous cancer causing vapor all over those who are passing by or waiting for the ride.
    To be precise, the smoking section actually is closest to the Autopia track. The attraction uses gas engines, most probably without catalytic converters, which are known to emit cancer causing fumes. Any toxins produced by the tobacco are completely overwhelmed by the vapors from the attraction which are far more dangerous.
    Skiddley Whiffers is a cruel mistress; cold and unforgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by gomezaddams View Post
    To be precise, the smoking section actually is closest to the Autopia track. The attraction uses gas engines, most probably without catalytic converters, which are known to emit cancer causing fumes. Any toxins produced by the tobacco are completely overwhelmed by the vapors from the attraction which are far more dangerous.

Please don't bring logic into this discussion. There are people dying of second hand smoke from walking past the Matterhorn as we speak.

The smoking areas are so few and far between I would bet that most people don't even notice them or the smell when walking by.
    i almost wish they would move the area during Fantasmic show times so that people who are just trying to stop and smoke wouldn't have to deal with the large amount of children congregating there. I was leaning up against the railing facing the river once and actually had a mother lean her small daughter against the railing RIGHT next to me and then proceed to glare at me for smoking. I'd say a fair amount of us are very uncomfortable smoking around young children, and I'm one of them. I wish people would keep there kids away from there.

• Selfie Expert

I am not a smoker, but I am all for allowing the smokers to continue their habit in designated areas. People who bring their children into a smoking area are choosing to expose their child to it, and it's their own fault. Maybe Disneyland should post signs saying "Smoking area - please do not bring children into this area"? Or something along those lines... since obviously some people have neither common sense nor common courtesy anymore.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I am not a smoker, but I am all for allowing the smokers to continue their habit in designated areas. People who bring their children into a smoking area are choosing to expose their child to it, and it's their own fault. Maybe Disneyland should post signs saying "Smoking area - please do not bring children into this area"? Or something along those lines... since obviously some people have neither common sense nor common courtesy anymore.
    It seems many of them can't (or just don't) read anymore either. Why bother reading and using your brain? We're on vacation!!!
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    It seems many of them can't (or just don't) read anymore either. Why bother reading and using your brain? We're on vacation!!!
    And everyone else gets dirty looks because we expect the world to revolve around us!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    That's subjective, from my point of view they're all pretty tucked away in areas nonsmoking guests would not choose to congregate for any length of time. Exception: this smoking area, only during Fantasmic.

Thats why if they moved the smoking area to the garden in front of the gates of the Mansion (before the railroad), during show times, I wouldn't be against it.
    I've only recently quit smoking, but come on...moving the section at show time?? Like there are no other places to sit on the water to watch Fantasmic.

Just be happy there are designated places to smoke and MORE people don't just smoke wherever they feel like it. All the smoking sections IN the parks are in places that can easily be avoided by taking an alternate route to your destination. Yes, it may take a little longer and it may be a little farther but if you think about it you would be doing two healthy things in one... avoiding the second hand smoke and walking a bit more.

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Well I say that because they used to use the gardens between the railroad station and Haunted Mansion as the smoking section. As long as there is one provided, it doesn't matter to me if it moves to a less populated spot after a certain time at night.

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

I'm pretty sure DLs smoking sections aren't the sole cause of SoCal's air quality issues. The spot is good for last minute waterside viewing, and one of the screen is right there. There is a sense of waiting at times (Mark Twain, Columbia), and Pinocchio isn't really visible. You don't miss anything else, and you can get glimpses of stage movings and such if you like checking out that sort of thing.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast