Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Proud owner: 50th Tiki

Re: Digger's 4th Annual Rally Report - photo heavy!

The rally did include DCA, but we are so slow we just stick to Disneyland.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Thank you for sharing RPDigger! It looks like you only ran into us once this year (Last year, it seemed like you ran into us a bunch of times!). Although, I have no idea who you are If ATAK! ends up doing the Gumball Rally again next year, I hope I'll be able to figure out who you are and be able to meet you! Your Gumball Rally Trip Reports are one of my favorites!

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Thank you so much for posting these trip reports each year! Some of us never have a chance to see teams in lines or on attractions. It is pretty special to at least have a chance to catch a glimpse of the teams.

Please let your daughter know that she has been at more Gumball Rally's than my kids! We are all glad that your team keeps coming back every year to have fun.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Fantastic report, and thanks for sharing all the pictures. My daughgter and I did the Rally but didn't take many pictures - so it was fantastic to see a picture of the two of us in your report. Thanks so much!

Thanks so much for the pictures! We were so focused on running the race that we didn't spare any time for cameras. Here we are fresh and ready to go on our 4th ride of the morning:

...... and here we are, many hours later, dragging onto our last Disneyland "ride" and second-guessing our decision to scoop up the easy 1-pointers on Main Street and cross over to DCA.

We made a spur-of-the-moment decision to add "Mr. Lincoln" since the doors opened as we approached the gallery. It was just the ticket and we emerged cooled, rested and with a 2nd wind for the last couple of hours. We are adding that to next year's game plan for sure!

"After getting our Fastpasses, we headed over to the Big Thunder BBQ to have some lunch……and who did we run into? Yup, the team I told you that I had a little secret about. This poor team, as friendly as they were, unknowingly put themselves into a “no win situation” You see, if we see you 4 or more times during the rally, you pretty much have no chance of winning. By the time we spotted them at the BBQ, we had seen these ladies 5 times…….time to re-think your strategy girls!"

What do you mean if you see someone 4 times they have no chance?

We knew we weren't going to win, but we didn't do too badly... We are going to do some things differently next year, though, that's for sure. My goodness, it was fun!! Hats off to all the organizers and support people for putting together such an awesome event.
    Thanks for posting all the great photos!! Hope to see you (only once) next year!
    Never give up! Never surrender!

Quote Originally Posted by Heidifrances View Post
    "After getting our Fastpasses, we headed over to the Big Thunder BBQ to have some lunch……and who did we run into? Yup, the team I told you that I had a little secret about. This poor team, as friendly as they were, unknowingly put themselves into a “no win situation” You see, if we see you 4 or more times during the rally, you pretty much have no chance of winning. By the time we spotted them at the BBQ, we had seen these ladies 5 times…….time to re-think your strategy girls!"

I was wondering the same thing.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Quote Originally Posted by Heidifrances View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing.
    Haha, it's just RPDigger's silly superstition! It's not actually meant to be serious!

(Although, not willing to take the risk, team ATAK! is definitely going to be staying away from RPDigger's Gumball Rally Team! I retract my previous statement of wanting to meet you RPDigger! Only once we win will I be willing to meet you!)

EDIT:
    I went back to count how many times you guys ran into us at last year's Gumball Rally and after a quick count, it looked like two times. Last year we had some EXTREMELY bad luck (we had about five attractions that went down on us!). This year I only saw ATAK! once in your photos and this year had Space go down us. HMM COINCIDENCE??? Maybe there is something to this superstition... New winning game plan for next year: don't run into RPDigger's team and we will win the Gumball Rally!
    Last edited by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe; 05-08-2013 at 11:23 PM.

• Proud owner: 50th Tiki

You guys are so funny. What I mean is that we are such a bad/slow team that you don't want to see us a bunch of times.....if you do, you are probably going to do as "well" as us, which is usually next to last place.

• New Member Goes Forth

Great trip report so far, thanks for sharing
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Disney Obsessed

You guys were awesome! You made us (team the lost girls) feel like celebrities! haha! You had 3 pictures of us! And we THOUGHT we were doing so well! Looks like next year we'll avoid you at all costs!! lol jk!!

• I Heart DL!

Great report! We loved running into you guys! You had such a great attitude about the whole thing. I hope it's okay, I stole your pic of us since we didn't get any! Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by kandirae View Post
    Great report! We loved running into you guys! You had such a great attitude about the whole thing. I hope it's okay, I stole your pic of us since we didn't get any! Thanks for posting!
    Ditto for us! So nice to have pics!

Quote Originally Posted by RPDigger View Post
    You guys are so funny. What I mean is that we are such a bad/slow team that you don't want to see us a bunch of times.....if you do, you are probably going to do as "well" as us, which is usually next to last place.
    LOL! The fact that the picture you took of us while you were waiting at Big Thunder BBQ, was right after we stopped for photos with the Country Bear characters, shows we were moving at a less than light speed to Endor pace ourselves. We also stopped and ate at the Pizza Port.

I asked the winning team what their strategy was, and basically, they didn't stop to eat (snacks in their backpacks) and only allowed themselves one bathroom break. Gnarly!
    Never give up! Never surrender!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast