Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: I Dream of Trolley: My Little Dream for the Red Cars...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I'm not a big fan of it going down the parade route. It would pass through too many inconsistent themed areas. I would love to see a SF style cable car start near Gheradelli's and run through the Wharf, over an improved bridge and then pass through the north side of PP and end all the way near the Silly Symphony Swings. That would help unite the Nor Cal feel of that half of the park.

If I could do anything I wanted I would take of Bug's Land eventually and put a Chinatown Land there and in the remaining parking lot. Then I would add a tunnel under Route 66 and expand both lines to meet in the middle of China Town. Once that was complete you'd have a route through the whole park, but you'd have to transfer from a Red Car to a Cable Car in the Chinatown area.
    Can't visualize this, can you jot it down on a napkin and scan it?

Quote Originally Posted by Design View Post
    ... But it's a trolley... That would be weird and wouldn't make any sense... Trolleys don't go through tunnels, trees, or the Grand Canyon. They reside on thoroughfares. Are you trolley trolling me?
    LOL not trolling at all. I meant like dioramas but not like the ones at DL. Maybe one of a miniature recreation of old Los angeles. Or through the caverns in cars land. I don't know but just like the DLRR, I don't think the trolleys need to be too grounded in reality.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• What imagination needs...

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Bahahaha

Hike the Corralitas Rail Path Through Silver Lake and Echo Park, Where Red Cars Used to Roam - Urban Hikes - Curbed LA

http://la.curbed.com/uploads/2011_07_1906map3.jpg

Actually there was the OLD SUBWAY TUNNEL from Downtown to Echo Park, the Corralitas Rail Path through Elysian Park and Silverlake. They went up to Mt Baldy and out to the sea.
    I stand corrected...

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Red Cars wouldn't be out of place anywhere but CarsLand at DCA.

• Senior Minion

Can't visualize this, can you jot it down on a napkin and scan it?
    Here you go, the blue is the Cable Car Route I'd add right away. The green would be the extension to China Town which would slope down and go through a tunnel under Route 66 and then start to slope back up right next to the CM Cafeteria building and enter ChinaTown. The red would be a slight realigning of the end of the Red Car track.

Name:  DCA Railways.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  79.4 KB
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Do it like Mr. Roger's neighborhood where the trolley enters the tunnel and ends up in the land of make-believe but i'm sure people would complain about the trolley not fitting with the "theme" of the lands. It's not like the DLRR where it is mostly concealed or sort of matches the different lands it travels to. and the trolley isn't actually very fast or efficient, it's just to slowly enjoy the atmosphere of BVS and hollywoodland. I doubt that many people actually use it as a legitimate form of rapid transport, apart from when their legs get tired

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    LOL not trolling at all. I meant like dioramas but not like the ones at DL. Maybe one of a miniature recreation of old Los angeles. Or through the caverns in cars land. I don't know but just like the DLRR, I don't think the trolleys need to be too grounded in reality.
    I do like the idea of an old 1920's Los Angeles/Hollywood diorama with the whistling signals and old cars!

• What imagination needs...

I agree, and in my idea, the trolley would only be visible at the entrance of Cars Land, running on the street with the Blue Sky Cellar...

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Here you go, the blue is the Cable Car Route I'd add right away. The green would be the extension to China Town which would slope down and go through a tunnel under Route 66 and then start to slope back up right next to the CM Cafeteria building and enter ChinaTown. The red would be a slight realigning of the end of the Red Car track.

Name:  DCA Railways.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  79.4 KB
    Thanks. I assumed the blue line would go from the helix of Screamin' straight up the parade route to the Carthay.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldMissingPants View Post
    Do it like Mr. Roger's neighborhood where the trolley enters the tunnel and ends up in the land of make-believe but i'm sure people would complain about the trolley not fitting with the "theme" of the lands. It's not like the DLRR where it is mostly concealed or sort of matches the different lands it travels to. and the trolley isn't actually very fast or efficient, it's just to slowly enjoy the atmosphere of BVS and hollywoodland. I doubt that many people actually use it as a legitimate form of rapid transport, apart from when their legs get tired
    IGER: Maybe you can purchase PBS next.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I was trying to come up with some sort of joke about Red Cars being murdered in Cars Land. Definitely something odd that the two were the latest additions to the park.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

There's something there. CARS are the reason RED CARS went extinct.

• New Member Goes Forth

I think that would be a great expansion for the Red Trolley Cars. They are a great transportation system and really fit the theme of the park.
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Banned User

I wonder how many people here actually ride them often? I honestly thought I would them once and that would be it (I only done the MS vehicles once...June 16th, 2012 believe it or not) but I find myself boarding them about a third of the time I been to the park since they opened. And with the lines reasonable now and you can get on with the first car even better, but I wonder how many people actully ride them normally? But I imagine if they ever did make an extension, especially the one Uncle Bob showed, it could be a different deal with more distance covered.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Does anybody know a ballpark figure of how much the existing line cost to build? It seems like an inexpensive fix to liven up the park, plus it's quite a walk from Toon Town to Paradise Pier, so this could provide a good relief on the DCA side of that walk. (The DL RR can get you the other half of the way.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast