Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Disneyland's Coffee

I always thought that the whole coffee craze was mostly marketing hype, mainly started by Starbucks. I know that Starbucks has a lot of loyal customers, but I still think most people are not aficionados. I wonder how many people, that are casual coffee drinkers like myself, would be able to tell Starbucks from whatever the house brand coffee that is served at the other DLR locations. I make my own coffee at home using cheap store bought coffee and it works just fine for me.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RosevilleDisfan View Post
    I always thought that the whole coffee craze was mostly marketing hype, mainly started by Starbucks. I know that Starbucks has a lot of loyal customers, but I still think most people are not aficionados. I wonder how many people, that are casual coffee drinkers like myself, would be able to tell Starbucks from whatever the house brand coffee that is served at the other DLR locations. I make my own coffee at home using cheap store bought coffee and it works just fine for me.
    Even the instant coffee consumers get from the grocery store is better than the Nescafe they served at the parks. You don't need to be a coffee aficionado to taste the difference. I wouldn't call myself one, but even tasting a french pressed brew instead of using a Keurig was a big difference and anyone could taste it.

If you're a true coffee drinker you wouldn't drink Starbucks

• Blew By You

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    I definitely would not want to drink coffee that was brewed in a barrel on the bayou.
    It was better for drinking rather than the mint julep.

I tend to drink whatever coffee is available. I don't mind what they have now, but I'm sure not going out of my way to get SB.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Evil is Sexy

I don't buy K-Cups for my Keurig. My hubby got me Ekocups and I can put whatever ground coffee or tea in them, brew it and then wash it in the dishwasher.

Not a coffee fan. I drink it if it doesn't taste like coffee. So, being able to get a Frappacino for that extra boost before I drive home is okay by me.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

As someone who works at Starbucks (unfortunately) I think its good to have more variety in the parks. As far as profit goes, I think people are more likely to get espresso drinks rather than coffee now that they taste better. The coffee and espresso were too similar before and it never made any sense to fork over 2 more dollars for flavored crap.

My only concern is the contract with Starbucks. How long is it for? What happens if they don't renew when its done?

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I think the current Nescafé was brewed in old underwear.
    This made me laugh a lot.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Cjedwards44 View Post
    As someone who works at Starbucks (unfortunately) I think its good to have more variety in the parks. As far as profit goes, I think people are more likely to get espresso drinks rather than coffee now that they taste better. The coffee and espresso were too similar before and it never made any sense to fork over 2 more dollars for flavored crap.

My only concern is the contract with Starbucks. How long is it for? What happens if they don't renew when its done?
    Starbucks has been looking for ways to reinvent itself, there's other coffee chains out there, like Seattle's Best, so they ponied up the $ to sponsor some locations at DLR. Don't think this sponsorship would have happened at Starbucks peak, which seems to have been years ago. Disney doesn't have to master all of Starbucks fancy drinks, and they get a hefty share of the profits.

Not a coffee drinker, but feel that DLR looks too much like the outside world with Downtown Disney and now Starbucks, though before Starbucks opened in DCA, all of the coffee drinkers seemed to complain they couldn't get a decent cup anywhere, or maybe couldn't get the fancy expresso they've been used to.

It'll probably look something like this:

Name:  MainStreetBakery-800x375.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  91.7 KB
    Last edited by chesirecat; 05-09-2013 at 03:48 PM.

It's just that Starbucks doesn't have a real coffee taste to it, all of their coffee's make my stomach sick, I don't know what it is. The only thing I somewhat enjoy from them, is their tea.

I have not returned to the parks since Buena Vista Street opened, so I haven't seen the Starbucks at DCA yet. All I could picture was all of Disneyland's coffee being replaced and overran by Starbucks.

Buena Vista Street is awesome. The Starbucks- it's kind of forgettable. Useful if want something for the trip home, since it's *right* inside the gate, but other than that, whatever.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

It looks very cool! The last time I was there was when BVS was under construction and to enter the park you had to walk behind Soarin' and then entered through Condor Flats.

Maybe I just need to be a little more open minded about Starbucks. Also, the last time I was there the Main Street bakery was under construction, I REALLY hope they didn't change that too much...

• Another turkey leg please

I find the park's coffee has a really odd taste and want better stuff, but wish it wasn't Starbucks setting up shop. My dad has a funny but brutally honest take on Starbucks; he's completely addicted to it but thinks it's crap and that they've ruined America's taste for good coffee. Opinions about taste aside, it would be cool if they could do something unique like buying from a good local roaster... something that would be special to the park. Kind of like how special a Dole Whip is because it's hardly found anywhere else.
    Last edited by rwalterk; 05-09-2013 at 08:23 PM. Reason: I misspelled "it's."

So true! I agree that they should find a local coffee shop, and make them unique to Disneyland. Starbucks is just bleh, I don't think of Disney when I think of Starbucks.

I'll be even more upset if I go inside a Starbucks at Disneyland and there is people sitting inside for multiple hours on their laptops.

• Disneyland History Lover

I tend to prefer It's a Grind over Starbucks, but I'll take it any day over the week over what Disney serves up. Heck, I'd take my Keurig K-Cups over Disney's Nescafe'. But to each their own.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast