Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Re: Disneyland's Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth View Post
    It's just that Starbucks doesn't have a real coffee taste to it, all of their coffee's make my stomach sick, I don't know what it is. The only thing I somewhat enjoy from them, is their tea.

I have not returned to the parks since Buena Vista Street opened, so I haven't seen the Starbucks at DCA yet. All I could picture was all of Disneyland's coffee being replaced and overran by Starbucks.
    You are not the only one. I lose about 2 lbs after drinking a Starbucks.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    Starbucks has been looking for ways to reinvent itself, there's other coffee chains out there, like Seattle's Best, so they ponied up the $ to sponsor some locations at DLR. Don't think this sponsorship would have happened at Starbucks peak, which seems to have been years ago. Disney doesn't have to master all of Starbucks fancy drinks, and they get a hefty share of the profits.

Not a coffee drinker, but feel that DLR looks too much like the outside world with Downtown Disney and now Starbucks, though before Starbucks opened in DCA, all of the coffee drinkers seemed to complain they couldn't get a decent cup anywhere, or maybe couldn't get the fancy expresso they've been used to.

It'll probably look something like this:

Attachment 30102
    Is that concept art or did you do that?
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    You are not the only one. I lose about 2 lbs after drinking a Starbucks.
    Glad I'm not the only one. I think it has something to do with their syrup that they use

• The High 5 & Waving Goth

Last time I ordered the Starbucks coffee from Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Cafe, it didn't really do much to wake me up.

Somehow, Disneyland coffee seems to do that much more efficiently with little effort. Although, I only buy my coffee from Jolly Holiday

•   
    • Banned User

This thread seems empty without *a certain* poster who attacks everyone who likes Starbucks.

All I care about is that the coffee is good. About 90% of the coffee out there that I try is so bad I think I'd rather drink a cremated relative mixed with hot water. I rely on Starbucks because it's almost always good but can admit that every now and then someone else can really pull a surprise out of their.... Um, recipe book. If someone sells a better coffee than Starbucks I'm all for it. No brand loyalty here, but I will say I do prefer them until someone can beat them. Thanks to some of you, I'll have to pay more attention to what I think of the non-Starbucks brands in the park. Previously I've tried Nescafe's coffee and wondered what my mouth did to deserve this kind of shabby treatment.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

People actually like the Nescafe stuff? O.o
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Mrs. J. Depp

I honestly think the only coffee I remember drinking at the DLR was at the La Brea Bakery and I think they use a different coffee than the rest of the resort. Nescafe just sounds nasty and processed.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Quote Originally Posted by rwalterk View Post
    Opinions about taste aside, it would be cool if they could do something unique like buying from a good local roaster... something that would be special to the park. Kind of like how special a Dole Whip is because it's hardly found anywhere else.
    ​I agree! Something special to the park.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    ​I agree! Something special to the park.
    How about a Fantasia frappuccino?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The "zip" in your doo dah

Starbucks in DCA has been a huge hit. The quality of their coffee or espresso drink is consistently good. Starbucks isn't my favorite coffee - but it's sooooo nice to go into DCA in the morning and know that you're going to LIKE your drink because it's just like what you order every day at your local Starbucks. Furthermore, Disney has done a great job of themeing FF&P to fit in well with Buena Vista Street. It's a major win in my book.

• Seeker of Fun

In blind taste tests, Starbucks has consistently come out lower on the taste scale. If memory serves me correctly, it was 1. Dunkin' Doughnuts, 2. McDonald's...and Starbucks was either 3rd or 4th. Some people might truly like it, but most I think are part of the captive audience.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

So I might be a little biased, I'm from Seattle. I love Starbucks and was really excited to hear about one in the park. But I also think it would be a bad idea to make all the coffee in the park Starbucks, because I know quite a few people who think it tastes like "burned rubber tires." (apparently they eat tires). For as many people who love Starbucks, there are people who hate it. I used to only drink Starbucks, but have expanded my coffee drinking ways, and the straight up coffee ain't great.

I just think that Disneyland deserves a real coffee taste, and in my opinion Starbucks does not have that "real" coffee taste. It's sweet, and bitter.

But, to each their own.

Nescafe is usually associated with instant coffee but I can assure you, the coffee that was being served at the Market House and the now defunked Blue Ribbon Bakery was fresh brewed. (I can't say for sure regarding the mochas etc. at the Royal Street Veranda, but I don't think they were based on instant). I have had various Disney Coffees in my home and brewed them myself. Whoever makes them for Disney...I don't care, I enjoyed them anyway...it seemed like decent coffee to me and I'm not what you would call a rookie coffee drinker by any means. Maybe I'm just not that picky!
    Having said that, here's some news about Disney coffee: News! Joffrey’s Coffee Named As Official Disney Coffee Provider | the disney food blog

Yes, it's Deja vu all over again. So let's get all worked up over coffee, oh boy.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast