Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Disneyland's Coffee

I don't drink coffee, so obviously I can't make any comparisons.

• I'm from Canada eh!

I do not care for their normal coffee, but I absolutely loved enjoying a Vanilla Latte while strolling thought the DCA during a chilly January Eve.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    I honestly think the only coffee I remember drinking at the DLR was at the La Brea Bakery and I think they use a different coffee than the rest of the resort. Nescafe just sounds nasty and processed.
    If I remember correctly, La Brea also brews Starbucks.

• Ducksketeer

If my only option is starbucks I will just bring my own thermos. Worst coffee in the world.

I think Hills Brothers coffee was originally served on Main Street.(Those of you in the Bay Area may remember the big sign and the wonderful smell of roasting coffee as you drove off of the Bay Bridge).Unfortunately they were bought out years ago. The brand is still available,but its not the same.
    " Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed"
    J.K Chesterson

• -

Quote Originally Posted by USS Seawolf View Post
    If my only option is starbucks I will just bring my own thermos. Worst coffee in the world.
    Sitting here sipping my caramel macchiato, I couldn't disagree with you more.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    Starbucks has been looking for ways to reinvent itself, there's other coffee chains out there, like Seattle's Best, so they ponied up the $ to sponsor some locations at DLR. Don't think this sponsorship would have happened at Starbucks peak, which seems to have been years ago. Disney doesn't have to master all of Starbucks fancy drinks, and they get a hefty share of the profits.

Not a coffee drinker, but feel that DLR looks too much like the outside world with Downtown Disney and now Starbucks, though before Starbucks opened in DCA, all of the coffee drinkers seemed to complain they couldn't get a decent cup anywhere, or maybe couldn't get the fancy expresso they've been used to.

It'll probably look something like this:

Attachment 30102
    That photo is the concept of what WDW's Main Street Bakery ended up looking like. And BTW, at WDW the cups have the Starbucks logo on one side and the DisneyParks logo on the other.

And just wanted to remind everyone that Starbucks serves much more than just coffee. They have teas, their new "refresher" drinks that are fruit flavored and blended drinks that don't have any coffee in them. Try the vanilla bean or strawberries & cream frappacchinos sometime. They taste just like a milkshake. A friend alerted me to a custom drink they call a Cotton Candy frappacchino. It's a vanilla bean frapp with 2 or 3 pumps of raspberry syrup and blended together.

And just wait until the fall... strolling through the park while sipping a pumpkin spice latte during Halloweentime or a gingerbread latte during Christmastime? Sounds pretty awesome to me!

• Former Churro Jockey

As an avid coffee drinker, I do prefer other brands to Starbucks (Kean coffee is my personal favorite), but I'll take Starbucks any day of the week over that god-awful nescafe stuff that Disney used to sell. I'm not joking, when I go to WDW I usually stay at the Swan & Dolphin specifically because they are not a Disney owned hotel and have their own espresso bar in the lobby, and up until the Starbucks opened at MK, it was the only place I had ever found outside of Downtown Disney (which is 20 minutes away) that had a half-way decent cup of joe. DL was easier because I could walk to the La Brea Bakery or take the monorail and go to Compass Books, but it's going to be REALLY nice now to just get one on Main Street. I just hope the wait time isn't 90 minutes long or anything like that since there's only going to be one, but the fact that DCA has done well and hasn't had horrible wait times gives me hope.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Go Bears!

Didn't Joffrey's replace Nescafe at DLR a long time ago? Joffrey's ain't all that bad...

• Mrs. J. Depp

We stood in line at DCA for Starbucks for nearly 10 minutes and the line didn't move. I felt like we were in line for Mickeys Fun Wheel. And that was our second attempt at the line so we decided to forego it. It was a warm day and I had just wanted a nice iced coffee or iced tea mid day. I think perhaps the mistake with the DCA location is that it's also a restaurant. The restaurant, Starbucks, and ice cream place should have been separated out respectively like how it was before all the refurb when the train car housed those spaces. Who knows what the Market House location will be like but I hope it's nowhere near as awful as the DCA one.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    Starbucks has been looking for ways to reinvent itself, there's other coffee chains out there, like Seattle's Best, so they ponied up the $ to sponsor some locations at DLR. Don't think this sponsorship would have happened at Starbucks peak, which seems to have been years ago. Disney doesn't have to master all of Starbucks fancy drinks, and they get a hefty share of the profits.

Attachment 30102
    Starbucks owns Seattle's Best

• Ducksketeer

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Sitting here sipping my caramel macchiato, I couldn't disagree with you more.
    LOL. I wouldn't even know what that is. I was thinking in terms of coffee like Yuban, Folgers, Maxwell House or Hills Brothers. You know, stuff we grew up on and just drank black without whipped creme and chocolate sprinkles... and liked it.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

LOL. I wouldn't even know what that is. I was thinking in terms of coffee like Yuban, Folgers, Maxwell House or Hills Brothers. You know, stuff we grew up on and just drank black without whipped creme and chocolate sprinkles... and liked it.
    Thats because as straight coffe goes, Starbucks is pretty aweful. You have to doctor it up with flavors, sugar, cream, etc to make it somewhat palatable. Great coffee can stand on it's own with any additives. JMO
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Ducksketeer

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    Thats because as straight coffe goes, Starbucks is pretty aweful. You have to doctor it up with flavors, sugar, cream, etc to make it somewhat palatable. Great coffee can stand on it's own with any additives. JMO
    Exactly! And people would be surprised if they ever just tried plain standard domestic coffee. Many younger people are raised on the "additive" varieties and don't know better.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    Exactly! And people would be surprised if they ever just tried plain standard domestic coffee. Many younger people are raised on the "additive" varieties and don't know better.
    I grew up with those domestic brands, and therefore never learned to like coffee. It tasted terrible. Brackish, dirty, oily, medicinal...many more adjectives come to mind. I'm no youngster either, a few naps away from 60. Because of those domestic brands and their awful taste, I was nearly forty before I tried a really good cup of coffee. A Java City opened near to where I was working a second job, and was offered a taste of my wife's mocha. It was pretty darned good, so I ordered me a regular coffee and the rest is history. I am pretty picky about my coffee now. Starbucks is pretty good compared to that Nescafe that was previously served. That reminded me of the stuff that gets dumped out of pencil sharpeners - hardly a good cup of coffee.

There are plenty of newer domestic coffees I like - Peet's, Starbucks, Temple, Java City...but still can't bring myself to swallow the swill that is made from the more traditional domestic brands (Yuban, Folgers, Maxwell House or Hills Brothers, et.al.) We had that at work, and it (they) were the preference of all the former military guys. I remember complaining once that the stuff they made in those huge urns would likely corrode the terminals off a truck battery. They told me that's how it's supposed to taste.

What I learned over the years is that there are vastly different personal palates for coffee. People get attached to their caffeine addiction delivery vehicles, and often it is best to just let it be and pass when they offer. Different strokes. Me? I don't cotton to those icy fru-fru coffee desert beverages. I like mine black with a breath of sweetener. Just as long as it's one of the brands I like...

I'm thankful DL now serves Starbucks. We can have our different tastes in coffee, and still get along. Just so long as there are still options available - which is the real problem I think.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast