Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Filmmaker

Re: Iger Was Interviewed on CNBC This Afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    2That being said would it be more likely to see TRON getting the big budget attraction since that franchise (at this point) has more life left in it, with a sequel on the way sometime in the next three years? Iron Man is a good movie franchise but to me it doesn't have the staying power of a "Star Wars" or "Indiana Jones" so why put a lot of money into an attraction that can't be supported by a healthy movie franchise?
    Er- I'm not sure where you're getting the impression that TRON is a sustainable franchise while Iron Man is not... Granted, I love TRON, and I would love to see more of it, but let's look at the numbers. The TRON film series' total worldwide gross is just over $430 million. Iron Man, on the other hand, has a total series gross of $1.9 billion worldwide and counting (and that's not including The Avengers which brings the number to $3.4 billion).

Also, lets not forget that the Marvel superheroes are enduring characters that have been popular for decades and have been successful across multiple different media. Everyone knows who Spider-Man, Iron Man, and even Thor are; the same cannot be said of Kevin Flynn or Alan Bradley.

Sure, Disney's actively persuing another TRON film (a fact I'm very happy about) but TRON will always belong to a more niche audience. Even if Marvel can't work out a contract for Robert Downey, Jr. to reprise his role in a fourth Iron Man film, he's almost certain to return to the role in Avengers 2 and 3.

Marvel characters are here to stay, to deny that they're an enduring part of pop culture is foolish.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    It's hard to believe the studios Walt made with wholesome family values ... now wants to attach it's name to rather violent films.
    In Treasure Island, Disney's first live action film. Jim Hawkins, 13, shot a pirate in the face if I recall. Just sayin

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Seeker of Fun

I still don't understand Tron..it wasn't a hit in the 80's, and it isn't a hit now.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    I still don't understand Tron..it wasn't a hit in the 80's, and it isn't a hit now.
    Yes but the idea is still cool and seems like it would be a great attraction and well Splash is based off a movie that no one knows about now days...Pirates and HM were based off no movie yet still work

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12