Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• No Disassemble!

Iger Was Interviewed on CNBC This Afternoon

I couldn't find video of the interview but the story's here:

Disney Earnings Beat Forecasts; Shares Rise

I watched the whole interview and when Iger was asked about the Walt Disney Company's plans to spend their revenue Iger said that while they have many potential projects on the table he didn't have anything official to announce as of today.

My question is, when do you think Iger will make an official announcement about new projects that take advantage of the strong revenue earned this quarter?
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Disneyland 20 year APH

Re: Iger Was Interviewed on CNBC This Afternoon

I think any and all major announcements will be at Expo
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Now that they have the audience most interested in news PAYING to come hear it, yeah that would be the forum to do it.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

My guess is at the very Least Ironman will be entering the parks permanently after how much the last movie made in just one week.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    My guess is at the very Least Ironman will be entering the parks permanently after how much the last movie made in just one week.
    In a third park (along with Star Wars) will be just fine.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Maybe nobody knows definitively, but are the "IRON MAN" and "TRON" concepts for Tomorrowland two separate projects, or are they two alternatives for the same space (Innoventions, plus part of the PeopleMover.)

• Happily Ridiculous

Burbank, CA (near The Walt Disney Studios)

Here's the link to the 10-minute CNBC video interview:

Disney CEO: Excellent Quarter Across the Board - CNBC

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    I couldn't find video of the interview but the story's here:

Disney Earnings Beat Forecasts; Shares Rise

I watched the whole interview and when Iger was asked about the Walt Disney Company's plans to spend their revenue Iger said that while they have many potential projects on the table he didn't have anything official to announce as of today.
    This is corporate spinning at its finest.......what Iger was actually thinking is more along the lines of 'after executive raises and bonuses are paid, there won't be enough money left to remodel a popcorn cart'.

Seriously though, it would be no easy task to choose what projects to go ahead with. There are so many different possibilities.......

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    In a third park (along with Star Wars) will be just fine.
    Well I think we'll seen them much sooner then that...not saying it's good but at this point not including them into the parks would make them less money

and Disney does not waste money without a good reason

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Maybe nobody knows definitively, but are the "IRON MAN" and "TRON" concepts for Tomorrowland two separate projects, or are they two alternatives for the same space (Innoventions, plus part of the PeopleMover.)
    Answer in bold

I hope Tron wins this round of musical chairs for that space. It will fit a heck of a lot better than a modern day action hero. And may I add (since I saw Iron Man 3 yesterday) ... Make that "A Modern Day Action Hero with lots of violence." It's hard to believe the studios Walt made with wholesome family values ... now wants to attach it's name to rather violent films.

And I don't care how much money the "Marvel" universe will make money..... That's not justification to just "bulldoze" their way through .. when there are themed lands to work with.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Answer in bold

I hope Tron wins this round of musical chairs for that space. It will fit a heck of a lot better than a modern day action hero. And may I add (since I saw Iron Man 3 yesterday) ... Make that "A Modern Day Action Hero with lots of violence." It's hard to believe the studios Walt made with wholesome family values ... now wants to attach it's name to rather violent films.

And I don't care how much money the "Marvel" universe will make money..... That's not justification to just "bulldoze" their way through .. when there are themed lands to work with.
    Didnt stop Indy, Star Wars or Pixar from being added to the parks

Like I said before I'm not saying it's right but Disney as a company loves making money and Ironman seems to be the hot ticket right now...and I'd be surprised if they did not cash in as soon as possible considering a third gate is over ten years away most likely

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Iron Man nor Tron were green lit by management. Something completely different is being planned for the space.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Like I said before I'm not saying it's right but Disney as a company loves making money and Ironman seems to be the hot ticket right now...and I'd be surprised if they did not cash in as soon as possible considering a third gate is over ten years away most likely
    10 years? Not that far.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Tron isn't popular except among cult followers.

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Iron Man nor Tron were green lit by management. Something completely different is being planned for the space.

10 years? Not that far.
    I really hope something gets the green light soon. Plans seem to have changed so many times already.

I would love Tron and Wall-E in tomorrowland and Iron Man in a 3rd park.

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
    Here's the link to the 10-minute CNBC video interview:

Disney CEO: Excellent Quarter Across the Board - CNBC
    Thank you for finding/posting the link to the full interview! Here's my thoughts on it.

1. Iger credited New Fantasyland as at least one factor contributing to the strong earnings in the parks & resorts division yet MiceAge articles hint towards it being an under-performer. Is Iger just trying to spin this or is there some data that shows New Fantasyland is or has been performing well?

2. Did anyone catch Iger saying that he "hopes to bring Iron Man back (you never know)"? That being said would it be more likely to see TRON getting the big budget attraction since that franchise (at this point) has more life left in it, with a sequel on the way sometime in the next three years? Iron Man is a good movie franchise but to me it doesn't have the staying power of a "Star Wars" or "Indiana Jones" so why put a lot of money into an attraction that can't be supported by a healthy movie franchise?

3. He mentioned the restructuring of the company to be tailored towards modern day business models and that areas in the company have been using antiquated methods that need to be updated. This makes me wonder if My Magic+ is just the start to a broader change in infrastructure for all parks and what would those changes be?

4. Star Wars + EA is a bad idea in my opinion. They've been botching game releases lately and are losing class action lawsuits against them. Disney's going to have to bail EA out in the end just to save face and ensure a non-mediocre game that doesn't damage the franchise.

5. All in all I'm excited about the company's upward climb. If they can just hang on until Star Wars comes out then a third gate will be inevitable.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast