Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just finished my Disney trip but i want to go on another one and i need help?

Hello all i just finished my last Disney trip with my family for the next 10 years my parents said and well i can't wait that long so i was just wondering if anybody would have any good information for a single person who will be 18 by the time i go on the trip? I was just looking for a hotel that would allow check-ins for guests my age because i know you sometimes have to be 18, or better yet does anybody know the easiest way for a Canadian to become a legal resident of California?

Thank-you in advance for the answers

• Senior Minion

Re: Just finished my Disney trip but i want to go on another one and i need help?

Quote Originally Posted by disneyguy95 View Post
    Hello all i just finished my last Disney trip with my family for the next 10 years my parents said and well i can't wait that long so i was just wondering if anybody would have any good information for a single person who will be 18 by the time i go on the trip? I was just looking for a hotel that would allow check-ins for guests my age because i know you sometimes have to be 18...
    The legal age of consent in California is 18.

...or better yet does anybody know the easiest way for a Canadian to become a legal resident of California?
    You may want to wait a few years and then re-consider. Many of the Californians who I know are trying to find the easiest way to become legal residents of Canada.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

Re: Just finished my Disney trip but i want to go on another one and i need help?

What Mr Wiggins said. I definitely wouldn't rush into moving to a state like California.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Another turkey leg please

I would start saving those Canadian $ for your 18th birthday, but don't be in such a rush to move here. Every year between now and 18 your priorities are going to change. And I don't know what it's like where you're from, but it's really, really hard for an 18 year old to move to southern California and be able to make a living.

• Selfie Expert

Start with saving a planning a vacation. Worry about changing where you live in a few more years, and consider applying for a college in California and testing it out with a Student Visa before going through getting citizenship.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Is there any good cheap hotels around Disneyland I've been looking at the motel 6 is it any good?

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Is there any good cheap hotels around Disneyland I've been looking at the motel 6 is it any good?
    Its a bit early to start looking at hotels.... just when will you turn 18 and be coming back to Disneyland? Lots of things can change with hotels between now and then.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Start with saving a planning a vacation. Worry about changing where you live in a few more years, and consider applying for a college in California and testing it out with a Student Visa before going through getting citizenship.

ha ha, Kelly. The Mom-gene is kicking in. Our answer to everything is 'get a college education'. LOL.

But, Disneyguy, this is very good advice. If you want to test out what living in California is like, you may as well get some education while you're at it! Just remember that college here can be very expensive. Living in So Cal IS very expensive and jobs that pay a living wage are hard to come by these days. Concentrate on your grades now & consider applying for the Disney College Program if you do end up attending college in the US.

I can certainly understand wanting to go back to Disneyland! For most of us outside the 'commute area' (meaning that it involves a hotel stay) trips to DL are something we have to save and work for. So start working & saving. Start 'pricing'. Even though you aren't 18 and who knows what prices will be then, use today's prices to get an idea of how much you may need. It's not just getting & staying there, it's also food, souvenirs, and an emergency fund. Do you have any friends who like Disney? If so, maybe you can make it a 'joint project' with both of you saving to go. It sure could be a fun way to celebrate your High School graduation with a good friend. And get your parents involved. They can be a big help to you in making realistic plans. Maybe you'll even be able to light the fire in them for another trip sooner than 10 years!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    You may want to wait a few years and then re-consider. Many of the Californians who I know are trying to find the easiest way to become legal residents of Canada.

what part of canada are you living?? Vancouver could be a disney fix!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Yeah moving to California isn't the best idea right now, and i am looking into colleges around there right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    ha ha, Kelly. The Mom-gene is kicking in. Our answer to everything is 'get a college education'. LOL.

But, Disneyguy, this is very good advice. If you want to test out what living in California is like, you may as well get some education while you're at it! Just remember that college here can be very expensive. Living in So Cal IS very expensive and jobs that pay a living wage are hard to come by these days. Concentrate on your grades now & consider applying for the Disney College Program if you do end up attending college in the US.

I can certainly understand wanting to go back to Disneyland! For most of us outside the 'commute area' (meaning that it involves a hotel stay) trips to DL are something we have to save and work for. So start working & saving. Start 'pricing'. Even though you aren't 18 and who knows what prices will be then, use today's prices to get an idea of how much you may need. It's not just getting & staying there, it's also food, souvenirs, and an emergency fund. Do you have any friends who like Disney? If so, maybe you can make it a 'joint project' with both of you saving to go. It sure could be a fun way to celebrate your High School graduation with a good friend. And get your parents involved. They can be a big help to you in making realistic plans. Maybe you'll even be able to light the fire in them for another trip sooner than 10 years!
    Yes kelly gave me very good advice, i have been looking into colleges but i haven't really found any good ones, right now i am just planning ahead and it looks like it will be around 600-650 dollars to stay at the motel 6 in October,Then a roughly 300-500 price for the flight if i can find a good deal so ill roughly have to spend around 1700 dollars on the trip and unfortunately i don't have any friends as i am more of a social outcast, and i guess i could try to convince my parents to go again but that would be very hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by laferney Road kid View Post
    what part of canada are you living?? Vancouver could be a disney fix!!!!
    I am from Alberta

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Are you a talented singer or actor? If so that would be the easiest way to becoming a citizen especially if you come from Canada.

• the rockawho?

i would be very careful in choosing a motel in anaheim....

anaheim has one of the highest bed bug rate in california.....

there are several motels located in anaheim that have gang problems, drug issues, and other issues...i recommend researching each hotel/ motel thoroughly

it really depends on which hotel you are checking into...some will require a credit card to check in, so you may want to start building your credit....

i know some rental cars wont let you rent a car unless you are 25 and over....anything younger is an additional charge....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast