Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• The High 5 & Waving Goth

Thumbs up Journey to the Valley of the Bats - Soothseyer's Bats Day Trip Report

So I had the luxury of visiting the parks on Bats Day. Despite the negativity (being ditched by 2 people I thought I could trust not to do so and pretty much feeling judged by the other "goths" [no hate here but I still got that vibe]) I managed to have a great time

For starters, I'm not goth, but I love the lifestyle and subculture on what Goth was originally before it became a fashion statement to some. I appreciate the dark side of things and the otherworldly ideals. I, for one, am just a dark prince Prince of Darkness has already been taken...thanks, Ozzy.

ANYWAYS, this is aboot to get real photo heavy...so grab some popcorn and relax.

--------------------

Name:  Disneyland 001 (Medium).jpg
Views: 641
Size:  58.4 KB

Always the fun part of the day...not!

--------------------

Main Street Pre-Rope Drop...very lovely!

Name:  Disneyland 002 (Medium).jpg
Views: 630
Size:  41.4 KB

Name:  Disneyland 003 (Medium).jpg
Views: 631
Size:  55.4 KB

Name:  Disneyland 004 (Medium).jpg
Views: 621
Size:  57.5 KB

Name:  Disneyland 005 (Medium).jpg
Views: 622
Size:  79.7 KB

Almost there!

Name:  Disneyland 007 (Medium).jpg
Views: 630
Size:  47.8 KB

Name:  Disneyland 008 (Medium).jpg
Views: 633
Size:  88.8 KB

Name:  Disneyland 009 (Medium).jpg
Views: 626
Size:  54.9 KB

Selfie...not to fond of the wait, I am. Rope drop occurred shortly after ^_^

Name:  Disneyland 010 (Medium).jpg
Size:  27.9 KB

I'm not the one you're looking for...

---------------------
    After flying through Space Mountain (so glad it reopened this weekend) and Star Tours, I headed opposite towards Adventureland and NOS. Lucky me, I was the last person in the front row but there were 2 others. I asked the cast member if I could drive prior to dispatch and he unbuckled the seat belt on the driver's seat for me. Magical! (or not...)

Name:  Disneyland 011 (Medium).jpg
Views: 631
Size:  76.5 KB

Name:  Disneyland 012 (Medium).jpg
Size:  44.2 KB

I jumped on the bandwagon :| It was cold and I needed something stylish and warm...so I settled. I do love Nightmare Before Christmas though. I'm just not all OMG I LUV IT! like some people are...here are some shots of New Orleans Square shortly an hour after rope drop. Got to love Sunday Mornings a.k.a. the best time to come on a weekend during off-season. Haha

Name:  Disneyland 013 (Medium).jpg
Views: 625
Size:  79.7 KB

Name:  Disneyland 014 (Medium).jpg
Size:  73.3 KB

--------------------------

After wandering through the park, I did hop on the Matterhorn (which eventually wrecked my apartment keys a little) and took this wonderful perspective shot of the mountain. Onwards, I ended up in Tomorrowland (again...haha) to see the new Iron Man exhibit in Innoventions...but I didn't want for the Iron Man Suit Up Experience (an hour wait...oy)
    Name:  Disneyland 015 (Medium).jpg
Views: 628
Size:  36.2 KB

Name:  Disneyland 016 (Medium).jpg
Size:  84.0 KB

Name:  Disneyland 017 (Medium).jpg
Views: 618
Size:  47.2 KB

-----------------------

So about 3 hours after, I attempted to rest and see if anyone who told me they were going (which was a disaster...can't really rely on people but I'll leave the drama out of this). While waiting for nohing, this is what I saw by the flagpole. Hilarious!

Name:  Disneyland 018 (Medium).jpg
Views: 617
Size:  65.0 KB

The Queen of Hearts wasn't too pleased with Pinocchio's lack of comprehension. She wanted those roses all painted red! He eventually got the idea and she was satisfied...or was she?

So, instead of waiting on people, I decided to take the grand circle tour around the Magic Kingdom. Here's a shot from the Main Street station around...11ish? Yeah, that's about right. Looks like the rest of the crowds were flocking in slowly, but the park remained pretty calm to me.

Name:  Disneyland 019 (Medium).jpg
Views: 612
Size:  91.3 KB

---------------------------

Anywho, I'm going to pause here for a moment. I have the afternoon segment of my report coming up soon! Just need to reset because I accidentally hit "Basic Uploader" (and it's now bugging me!)

Stayed tuned for part 2!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

• I'm from Canada eh!

Re: Journey to the Valley of the Bats - Soothseyer's Bats Day Trip Report

Very nice, always nice to see an emplty NOS moring photo

• Selfie Expert

I'm so excited for a Bats Day TR! Looking forward to more!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

OK. Let's try this again...Part 2!

The Grand Circle was wonderful, as always. The New Orleans Station was down for refurbishment (anyone know how much Disney loves that word?) so I didn't attempt to do much other than head for lunch at Rancho Del Zocalo (I didn't know Disney was changing their portions about but it was adequate. Should've went to Bengal Barbecue!). I didn't think the "Bats Day" Group Photo Op was going to fill up SO fast (they said arrive 10 minutes early but I guess everyone pre-planned and got huge, massive groups and there was no where for my short self to stand :| - eh, I'm ok!).

However, I did catch Mary and Bert performing in front of the castle.

Name:  Disneyland 020 (Medium).jpg
Views: 518
Size:  52.0 KBName:  Disneyland 021 (Medium).jpg
Views: 519
Size:  53.9 KB

I was thinking about heading home at that point until the g/f told me to snap out of it. She told me to keep calm and talk to the princesses. She knew best.

Name:  Disneyland 024 (Medium).jpg
Views: 517
Size:  61.4 KB

Name:  Disneyland 025 (Medium).jpg
Size:  56.3 KB

Name:  Disneyland 027 (Medium).jpg
Size:  60.9 KB

Name:  Disneyland 029 (Medium).jpg
Views: 516
Size:  47.7 KB

They really did turn my day around at that point. Very sweet, social and caring. It's that Disney magic that really makes your visit special. I feel bad for Ariel because I wasn't sure which side she was going to stand on (and I wasn't sure how much time I had to pose before they were going to take the picture - hence my odd stance!)

She was still very sweet. Cinderella was honestly the icing on the cake. He had a wonderful conversation afterwards about The Crow, Jack Skellington and Count Dracula (and how I basically lost one side of my hair because of our epic battle). Of course, I love Cinderella...don't anyone go and tell Prince Charming that now, ya'hear? Haha

---------------

At that point, I decided to stroll through Fantasyland and see who else I could find...to my surprise, it was these two.

Name:  Disneyland 030 (Medium).jpg
Size:  75.3 KB

Haven't met them before, but it was quite the honor. Mad Hatter is quite the jokester. Caught them right before they left for tea.

------------------------

I continued to hunt for characters, so yes, it wasn't exactly your average "Bats Day" trip. I'm a nonconformist...and I love Disney. I found these loveable characters on Main Street JUST before they had to go and get ready for Soundsational...Minnie is just too cute. Something about hugging her always makes my day better.

Name:  Disneyland 031 (Medium).jpg
Size:  51.4 KBName:  Disneyland 032 (Medium).jpg
Size:  68.2 KBName:  Disneyland 033 (Medium).jpg
Size:  66.7 KB

I grabbed a seat on the curb a little south of the Partners statue about 45 before the parade started. Being the nice guy I am (yes, it's true), I scooted over for a mom and her two kids to sit down (she wasn't sure if it was ok but I told her to go ahead because I didn't mind). I always try to give when I can.

Here we go...in 3...2...1...here comes the photo parade! (very heavy but pretty)

Name:  Disneyland 039 (Medium).jpg
Size:  102.2 KBName:  Disneyland 041 (Medium).jpg
Size:  74.1 KBName:  Disneyland 043 (Medium).jpg
Size:  55.2 KBName:  Disneyland 046 (Medium).jpg
Size:  75.4 KBName:  Disneyland 047 (Medium).jpg
Size:  49.6 KBName:  Disneyland 049 (Medium).jpg
Size:  82.8 KBName:  Disneyland 052 (Medium).jpg
Views: 515
Size:  45.8 KBName:  Disneyland 057 (Medium).jpg
Size:  91.3 KBName:  Disneyland 058 (Medium).jpg
Size:  72.6 KBName:  Disneyland 059 (Medium).jpg
Size:  76.1 KBName:  Disneyland 062 (Medium).jpg
Views: 514
Size:  99.2 KBName:  Disneyland 064 (Medium).jpg
Size:  81.3 KBName:  Disneyland 066 (Medium).jpg
Size:  86.1 KBName:  Disneyland 068 (Medium).jpg
Size:  83.4 KBName:  Disneyland 069 (Medium).jpg
Size:  79.3 KBName:  Disneyland 070 (Medium).jpg
Size:  82.9 KBName:  Disneyland 072 (Medium).jpg
Size:  93.5 KBName:  Disneyland 076 (Medium).jpg
Size:  77.7 KBName:  Disneyland 080 (Medium).jpg
Size:  62.6 KBName:  Disneyland 081 (Medium).jpg
Size:  68.2 KBName:  Disneyland 089 (Medium).jpg
Views: 512
Size:  80.1 KBName:  Disneyland 090 (Medium).jpg
Size:  64.0 KBName:  Disneyland 092 (Medium).jpg
Views: 513
Size:  79.4 KBName:  Disneyland 095 (Medium).jpg
Views: 511
Size:  78.6 KBName:  Disneyland 096 (Medium).jpg
Size:  76.8 KBName:  Disneyland 098 (Medium).jpg
Views: 510
Size:  31.9 KBName:  Disneyland 099 (Medium).jpg
Size:  29.9 KBName:  Disneyland 106 (Medium).jpg
Size:  73.2 KBName:  Disneyland 109 (Medium).jpg
Views: 513
Size:  78.5 KBName:  Disneyland 110 (Medium).jpg
Size:  73.9 KBName:  Disneyland 111 (Medium).jpg
Size:  90.5 KBName:  Disneyland 113 (Medium).jpg
Size:  83.2 KB

After that, it was...well, not so bad to actually turn around and exit (the parade viewing area, that is). I debated on going on Indiana Jones again but after I saw the standby time, I decided not to. I decided to return again to the Fantasy Faire Village for a reshoot (I selected a few photos for my mom to give to her in frames for mother's day as she hardly has any recent pictures of me and also to share some Disney magic with her - she doesn't want to go back - she says she's done with those days...or is she?)

Name:  IMG_3561 (Medium).jpg
Size:  66.2 KB

Name:  Disneyland 115 (Medium).jpg
Size:  61.1 KB

Name:  Disneyland 119 (Medium).jpg
Size:  63.8 KB

Name:  Disneyland 120 (Medium).jpg
Views: 510
Size:  59.0 KB

Ariel was the very social one this time. I told her I wanted to pay my respects to the lovely royal ladies before I took off for my flight back home through Tomorrowland. She replied with "Why not fly with Peter?"

I told her "Oh, I would, but Tinker Bell and I aren't speaking to each other...we got in a little fight (you know feisty and jealous she gets)" She found it cute and replied with "you can always fly with Scuttle" - Ah, that was magical, I must say. She is truly sweet. We talked about Flounder, Scuttle and I wished her a good day and to say hello to them all!

I had a few good ones taken of me kneeling before the royalty but I need to touch them up myself because of the weather (the wind messed up my hair a little and I didn't know when they were taking the photos! Oops!)

Anyways, I headed to Space Mountain for one last trip. You know, sitting in the front is just so exhilarating...anyways, I made one last stop on Main Street at the camera shop to develop 3 (but decided to get a 4th one done as part of the package) of the photos I took with the princesses so I can put them in frames to give to my mom as a mother's day present. Flowers work, chocolates are sweet, but pictures last a lifetime or more.

However, just before I left, I spotted this lovely lady on my way out. Couldn't pass up Ms. Tiana!

Name:  Disneyland 121 (Medium).jpg
Size:  60.3 KB

------------------------

In conclusion, I have to say that it was quite a fun trip, even though I went solo and felt little disappointed but I don't let anything tear me down at The Happiest Place on Earth! My mom even shared the picture I texted her (one of the Mickey shots) on FB and that made me happy. She knows I love this place...so, I might end up renewing again in December (even though I didn't plan on it) because solo trips are really a lot of fun!

I apologize again for the photo heaviness but...I just wanted to share some magic with others. Thank you, Disneyland, for another wonderful trip! Until next time...

• Elk Grove Chris

Thanks for sharing, glad you stuck around.
    They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Great pics! I think I remember passing you in the hub. I remember your shirt. I thought you looked great!

• Minion

Great pictures! I always underestimate how much fun it is meeting characters - until I do it!

I like the pics! Tiana is my bf's favorite princess because when we watched the parade on our last trip she blew him a kiss.

Never been solo, but it sounds like you made it work for you and had fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    Very nice, always nice to see an emplty NOS moring photo
    Thanks! It was nice...quiet, peaceful, and no lines! Haunted Mansion was actually enjoyable without all the guests chattering up a storm.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I'm so excited for a Bats Day TR! Looking forward to more!
    I know it's missing the other bats but I kind of stayed away and did my own thing that day. I love the idea of Bats Day though but I'm not one to get fancy and dressed up (the eye liner was an experiment...and I personally like it. hehe)

Quote Originally Posted by chris001 View Post
    Thanks for sharing, glad you stuck around.
    You're welcome yeah, I was a little disappointed but I didn't want it to put a hamper on my day because I was determined to turn it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    Great pics! I think I remember passing you in the hub. I remember your shirt. I thought you looked great!
    Thank you! I wasn't as dolled up as others...I took a more 80s approach mixed with a little rock...I can't stand getting dressed up (even if it's with a suit and tie!)

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    Great pictures! I always underestimate how much fun it is meeting characters - until I do it!
    Indeed they really know how to turn your day around, no matter what!

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    I like the pics! Tiana is my bf's favorite princess because when we watched the parade on our last trip she blew him a kiss.

Never been solo, but it sounds like you made it work for you and had fun!
    Tiana is such a sweetie ^_^ I still have yet to introduce myself to Rapunzel and Merida...next time, maybe...depending on the waits. Haha

Did I spell Merida's name right? o_O I think I did...yes, yes I did.

It's nice once and awhile, especially if your day is open ^_^ so much adventuring can be done!

• Evil is Sexy

Hah, very nice report! I totally spaced on when Bats Day was this year, so I didn't go. Which is sad, because I look awesome in Goth. I was part of the NYC scene back in the day, even dated a Goth/Industrial DJ. LOL!
    Next year! And don't feel bad about going solo. I'm going to have my first solo trip soon and I'm kind of excited by it.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Thanks for the TR.

What is this you speak of about portions changing at Rancho Del Zocalo?

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Hah, very nice report! I totally spaced on when Bats Day was this year, so I didn't go. Which is sad, because I look awesome in Goth. I was part of the NYC scene back in the day, even dated a Goth/Industrial DJ. LOL!
    Next year! And don't feel bad about going solo. I'm going to have my first solo trip soon and I'm kind of excited by it.
    It's lots of fun! Yeah, I didn't know about Bats Day again until one of the pages I follow on FB told us about their Friday night event (forgot what it's called). I was supposed to go last year but an emergency came up. Made up for it this year. Probably will do it again next year (if it's not different weather)

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    Thanks for the TR.

What is this you speak of about portions changing at Rancho Del Zocalo?
    You're welcome! The carne asada and red chile enchilada plate has a thinner strip of Carne Asada...I remember it being slightly larger and thinner. Now, it's like this shriveled up, chunky bite sized strip (much like the meat they give you at Bengal Barbecue). I do prefer Paradise Garden Grill (but I didn't have much time to break since I tried to be in the photo but that fell through).

I think the chicken portions are the same. The drink cups look like they shrunk a little too...but I haven't been to Rancho for ages. I could be crazy...or mad

• Evil is Sexy

I was looking at previous year photos from their one page and to me, it looks like there are more Cyberpunk than Goths who attend. But, whatever.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Selfie Expert

Oh my GARSH! Goth attire + Princess photos just made my night!!! I absolutely love you for doing that! So freaking awesome and the exact thing I picture when I think Bats Day at Disneyland. Thank you for sharing!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• formerly very helpful

What Kelly said!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast