Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Nic

Re: Cast Members Behaving Greatly - The Nice Things They Have Done

Not only did Disney reimburse the juice my sister spilled, they also gave us a 40 dollar voucher towards getting her a new pair!
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• <3

The first aid people are so nice! I fell so hard into a puddle of water getting off space mountain. I think someone's water exploded literally right off the ride. I walked it off but my foot turned BLACK instantly. They took really good care of me and also gave me some front of the line passes. My favorite part is Mickey and Minnie came in and we got to take pics with them with no line! It was great. They also ended up giving us two more tickets for the problems.

• Closed Account

One of my favorite memories of a cast member happened a little over a year ago. I loved Ferris Wheels when I was younger, but I had never been on one as large as Mickey's Fun Wheel at DCA. I was so excited when I found out that they had a swinging side, and a non swinging side. My boyfriend and I got on the swinging side, and it started moving, and I immediately realized I had made a big mistake. I was holding onto my boyfriend with a death grip, totally afraid we were going to plummet to our death. We went around once, and my boyfriend told the cast member that we had to get off. The cast member asked us what the problem is, and my boyfriend told him the motion was a bit much for me.

The cast member switched us to the non swinging side, without us having to wait back in line again. When it started, I immediately realized it was the height and the swaying, not just the swinging motion that was the problem. When we came down again, again my boyfriend asked the ride operator to stop the ride. The cast member had another cast member come over who pulled us off to the side. He took a Mickey's Fun Wheel spinner pin out of his pocket, it was still on the card. He wrote with a marker "I survived Mickey's Fun Wheel" and handed it to me. I was beaming from ear to ear. Every time we are in DCA I smile, I don't go on the Fun Wheel, but I usually take a picture of it to remind me of that time.

The most ironic thing about the whole thing is that a few years ago, I actually did survive Tower Of Terror, the whole ride, and I think Mickey's Fun Wheel was harder for me to get through. I guess on Tower Of Terror, I figured I wouldn't live to see the outcome, I was that terrified of it at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    The most ironic thing about the whole thing is that a few years ago, I actually did survive Tower Of Terror, the whole ride, and I think Mickey's Fun Wheel was harder for me to get through. I guess on Tower Of Terror, I figured I wouldn't live to see the outcome, I was that terrified of it at the time.
    That is kind of funny, because I will go on any ride at Disneyland or DCA except Mickey's Fun Wheel o' Death. I went on it once, the swinging side, and while I stayed the whole time I nearly peed myself. I am afraid to try to the stationary side But Tower of Terror? No prob.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    That is kind of funny, because I will go on any ride at Disneyland or DCA except Mickey's Fun Wheel o' Death. I went on it once, the swinging side, and while I stayed the whole time I nearly peed myself. I am afraid to try to the stationary side But Tower of Terror? No prob.
    Wow, someone else who hates the Fun Wheel. Yeah! I don't feel so weird now!

• Selfie Expert

I rode the swinging gondola on the Fun Wheel once, and NEVER will again!! I LOVE Tower of Terror and other thrill rides, but the swinging gondolas weren't scary or fun for me, they were nauseating. Awful.

The stationary ones are still nice, though.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

I'm too scared to go on that Ferris wheel. Seeing video footage was enough.
    i recently went to Eurodisney and the cm's there were all awesome!

• Former DL & WDW CM

I love threads like this! It reminds why I love Disney, and why I eventually want to be Cast Member in some facet again some day.

As a guest in the park, I've had too many great interactions to count. My mom and I once had a really top notch bellhop on ToT - she could tell right off the bat in the library that we had a little bit more of the heebie jeebies than normal (it was thundering outside and about 10 pm) and took full advantage. She was a petite girl and snuck very quietly around the library during the initial video. Every time I'd feel the hair on my neck stand up and look around and she'd be somewhere different in the room, staring directly at us. She then followed us up the stairs and to our elevator (whether by choice or happy accident that her rotation came at the right time) and kept up more of the same, popping out of new places while we waited for the elevator and eventually just standing right next to my mom with her dark hair in her face until our elevator arrived. It was such a great time and we still mention her.

As a Cast Member, I was also fortunate to see some amazing and beautiful sides of humanity. Disney guests can be really awesome for the Cast Members, too. I once had an older couple come through my attraction who were obviously huge Disney fans (they had full blown Disney outfits down the socks), so I decided to let them through Fast Pass. They took the opportunity to stay and talk to me for quite awhile, sharing Disney trivia and memories - it was wonderful. Eventually, the woman pulled out a button to give to me, filled with Disney characters and the words "Cast Members make the Magic!" She told me that the best memories of their lives took place in this park and it didn't have much to do with the rides - it was the people working there. She thanked me for being one of their newest memories and they went on their way. Thankfully, my break came right after that because I'd had a fairly rough day earlier and spent most of my break crying in the bathroom and holding the button. I hope they know they completely turned my day around and that I still get teary when I look at the button.

• Capt without a ship...

I think the problem with the wheel vs TOT is that it is achingly SLOW - so you get tormented for a long time if you dont like heights, etc. TOT is over pretty quick before you can really decide if you like it or not, lol.

I'm good on TOT as well, and want to try the wheel, but no.

On a recent visit, I caught a CM trying as hard as she could to let a little boy ride on Star Tours. She backed him up against the height indicator, turned his head in different directions, even had him raise his hands to give him just a little extra lift. In the end he just wasnt tall enough, and he and his mom were both so bummed, but it was certainly not for her lack of trying.

• Chief Troublemaker

Yeah, Mickey's Wheel of Death is the price I have to pay to get my non-Disney DH to go to DLR. He's always said "OK, we'll go IF you'll go on the 'swinging baskets'", hoping that one day I'll decide it's not worth it (like that would happen). And I always suck it up and go, even though it scares the hinkey-dink out of me. Oh, the things we do for our Disney fix!!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Love all the amazing cast members! I remember I was there with my wife a few years back, just bought a mickey ice cream and was walking up Main Street. And suddenly, splat! My wife's ice cream falls on the ground and is mauled by seagulls. She was sad but wasn't going to let it ruin her day. Just as we were about to move on, cast member comes running up with a brand new ice cream mickey and hands it to my lady. "Courtesy of boss mouse" she said. Made our day!
    Disney Photos and many more musings:
    Flickr ings
    Tumblr ings

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

The Fun Wheel is my least favorite ride but I used to force myself to go on it to see how Carsland was progressing while they were building it. Even the stationary gondolas I couldn't stand. Especially when the stopped at the top to let riders on. Then my mind would wander - "what if a bolt pops off" "whatnot there was a 7.0 earthquake right now". I'd hold on to the seat so tight I'd swear I made an indentation into the metal!

Anyway I'll never forget sitting in Plaza Gardens relaxing with a box of popcorn I had just bought. The popcorn box fell out of my hand and all over the ground. A TDA CM was walking past and saw this. I could tell she was from TDA because she was dressed in business casual but was wearing a name tag. She came to me and said not to worry that the birds will eat it. and went to the nearest popcorn cart and got me a new box of popcorn free of charge!

• Not the Hawkguy

A few years ago, I had a bunch of friends come down for Christmas to visit, and one of the things they wanted to do was visit Disneyland. So, on the day after Christmas we ended up at Disneyland, and the lines were miserable.

But near the end of the day, we were trying to find seats for Fantasmic (my favorite show) because none of my friends had seen it. One of the CMs noticed us looking lost, and pulled us aside. She put us in the VIP seating area by the control boards, so my friends ended up with one of the best views of the show. The CMs even brought over some ice cream for us to enjoy during the show, then handed us a Fastpass for a ride of our choice.

Recently, I went with a couple friends, and near the end of the night, a CM walked up to us near Autopia and asked if we liked Space Mountain. Without waiting for a response, he handed us a Fastpass for the ride and walked off.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I love this thread.

One of mine is my son's first trip, he was only 4 months old. It was early in the morning, DH was on Splash, and the kiddo and I were hanging around Critter Country when Pooh and the gang came out for a meet and greet. The photopass CM was awesome. She introduced the characters to ud, let us take our time meeting them and took all kinds of great pics! It was really sweet!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123