Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

Which Disneyland Animatronic Is Your Favorite?

I am Tilly, I work on Main Street U.S.A. I am not an animatronic, but when the park closes everyone wakes up. I say more about that in my stories (link in my signature).

I just wanted to see which animatronic is favorited by someone. If they are, I will tell them. Please be specific if there are more than one (there are 4 Evil Queen hags animatronics for ex). Please state why they are your favorite. This can also include animal animatronics and fortune tellers. Whatever you like

Also, if you want, say a fun trip experience you had with that animatronic if possible.

Want to see AAs in action? please read my stories just click the link below. Thank you!
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

Re: Which Disneyland Animatronic Is Your Favorite?

Tom Morrow! The life like movements, and the idea of creating a great big beautiful tomorrow is what makes him my favorite.

• world class bilge rat

Lincoln.

I work with stuff like that, especially the computerized electrical controls, and getting him to stand up the way he does is just short of impossible.

A lot of effort went into that one.

My other favorite ones are the crocodiles beating the drums in the Tiki Room. Don't know why, they just look cool.

Gotta love the auctioneer....gets to stand next to the redhead EVERY day!

I love hopper in its tough to be a bug. Just love his movement. I don't know if he is my favorite but he was the first that came to my head. Also have to love mr potato head and the first jack sparrow animatronic.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Vault View Post
    I love hopper in its tough to be a bug. Just love his movement. I don't know if he is my favorite but he was the first that came to my head. Also have to love mr potato head and the first jack sparrow animatronic.
    +1 for Hopper. Not really a Bug's Life fan, but the way they did him was real good in my opinion

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

• Minion

Another vote for Hopper. I swear I'm not just jumping on the bandwagon -- I specifically clicked into this thread to vote for him. His movement are amazingly fluid, all the more amazing because he's quite large and IIRC inertia is one of the most difficult things they deal with in AAs. Flik coming down from the ceiling is quite good too, though there's much less of him visible. Perhaps that attraction came along at the right time with the right budget to make these AAs standouts.

EDIT: If America Sings were still running I might vote for Sam the Eagle, though. That show was always a good time. And to be specific as requested, I'd pick the first one simply because it would mean the show is starting.
    Last edited by bigcatrik; 05-09-2013 at 10:37 PM.

• Disneyland 20 year APH

I have to say Ross is one of my favorites she always makes fun on my ears...my light up mickey ears.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Selfie Expert

I know this will get some flack, but I love Jack Skellington!!

As for permanent structures, I love the man with the lantern and dog in the Haunted Mansion. Mostly for nostalgic reasons.

For purely technical/impressive value, I would have to go with Hopper. He looks like he literally came right out of the movie, and I love the sound effect of his rattling wings!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Evil is Sexy

*coughs* Hatbox Ghost *coughs*
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Tickets please...

I haven't been to DLR before (been to WDW and DLRP), but I so want to visit. However I know a lot about DLR. I would be very grateful if you'd tell Ezra (the tall skeletal hitchhiking ghost) that he's my favourite. Though as I use his namesake as my username it might be better that you use my real name, Emma. I do hope one day I get to visit that particular Ezra. I just love Ezzie.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Favorite: the old man on the porch in Pirates.
    Technically what I think is the best: Hopper, with the little baggage check droid in the Star Tours queue in second.

• film975

President Lincoln is one of my all-time favorites especially after they redid him back in 2009. I love how you can see his cheeks ruffle slightly as he talks. Not a Disneyland AA. But I was really impressed with Stitch in Stitch's Great Escape. His movements are very lifelike. It's fun seeing the plasma canons move around in that attraction too. I really enjoy the Radiator Springs Racers AA's too over at DCA. They move just like the characters do in the movies.

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    *coughs* Hatbox Ghost *coughs*
    My stories will talk about him later during Halloweentime. Something really bad happened to him, but he is so sweet.
    Oh yes! Us animatronics in Disneyland just recently found out about Hopper and everyone at California Adventure. My stories will talk about that soon. We got a hold of them, but you'll never believe how!
    I just love Ezzie.
    Thank is funny, because I call Esmeralda Ezzy, then Ezra is Ezza to make a difference between the two. I love Ezza too.

Thank you for all of your submissions so far, I promise to tell Hopper especially about his favoritism! Keep posting!
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

Henry from CBJ. Sadly he is no longer here. But I will come visit him in WDW later this year.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast