• curiouser and curiouser

Crowds in October?

I'm going the second week in October and was sort of counting on low crowds, but then I saw on isitpacked.com that part of October is supposed to be really busy. It's always been pretty empty whenever I've gone in October before, can anyone explain this?

Disneyland Crowd Forecast Calendar | Is It Packed? - Real-Time Crowd Tracking - IsItPacked.com

Re: Crowds in October?

what year was your last October visit?

The offseason for DL has shrunk drastically in the last few years. October is now busy mainly because of Halloweentime. If lower crowds are important to you, try middle September.

I have had a Disney pass since 09 and gone like 4 times a month an it has always been busy. Friday nights during October dosent seem to be that busy since its tthe not so scary holloween party. Maybe that's because of the limited tickets sold.

• Rock Star Minion

Part of October is when some Utah Schools are out for a few days. Lots of DL vacations are planned during that time.
    Looking at the Utah State Office of Education web site, lots of districts were out October 18-19 of 2012. That was a Thursday and Friday.
    Not sure what this year's "fall recess" dates are.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• The doctor is in

Don't always believe the crowd trackers. I read that early May wasn't that busy and that was a lie. The park is full of giant school groups and grads. The fact that all the AP passes are valid doesn't help either.

I went the very first week of October last year and it wasn't that crowded. That was even with Cars Land being open. The best days to be in the park are Tuesday and Wednesday.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Future Imagineer!!

Crowds are always hard to predict....Tuesdays and Wednesdays always seem to be the best option - although depending on time of year wednesdays can also be deemed "field trip day"

As for October I usually have good luck like the first and second week...as you get closer and closer to halloween it gets busier! Good luck! I'm going in October myself for my bachelorette party!

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Quote Originally Posted by Chris249 View Post
    I have had a Disney pass since 09 and gone like 4 times a month an it has always been busy. Friday nights during October dosent seem to be that busy since its tthe not so scary holloween party. Maybe that's because of the limited tickets sold.
    Up until last year, when the Halloween events were packed.

Year-round there's a "low-crowd" time and it's called "right at opening" so your best strategy is to get to the parks before opening to be first through the gates and jump on the busiest rides in those early hours. Judiciously use FastPass (and don't forget the single rider lines) to pepper the rest of your day with E-tickets. "But I like to sleep in" and "Disneyland vacation" are not really compatible. It just doesn't work that way any more.

But if you're on here you're in the right place (a place where people love to share specific Disneyland strategies) so start asking more specific questions closer to your vacation time and you should have a great time.

• Minion

Two words: Fall Break.

For some reason it's been decided that kids need a week off from school in October, so now the masses head to DL during that time, and the particular week changes every year, and varies from school to school. There is no such thing as the off season anymore.

• Dont make me unfriend you

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Part of October is when some Utah Schools are out for a few days. Lots of DL vacations are planned during that time.
    Looking at the Utah State Office of Education web site, lots of districts were out October 18-19 of 2012. That was a Thursday and Friday.
    Not sure what this year's "fall recess" dates are.
    In 2013 the dates are Oct 17,18. All public schools in Utah are closed these days. They are always Thursday and Friday
    Jeff made me famous!
    From the Mouth of the Mouse.

• Wished I lived closer!

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240 View Post
    In 2013 the dates are Oct 17,18. All public schools in Utah are closed these days. They are always Thursday and Friday
    Stay away for the Fall breaks!! They are REALLY crowded!!

• Disneyland 19 year APH

That is a good question? How will the crowds smarm to DCA this year? The real question stands will DCA continue to draw unwarranted crowds off season as it did last year.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M