• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Talking We're going to the Rose Parade!

This should have been posted a few months back, but my high school marching band, the Glendora Tartan Marching Band and Pageantry, is going to the Tournament of Roses in 2014! We won the Grand Champion at L.A. County Fair back in September 2012, and secured a spot in the parade. The award ceremony is below (I am the bagpiper in the second row next to the trombone player).

Awards Ceremony - 2012 L.A. County Fair Marching Band Competition FINALS - YouTube

Although I am now a senior, I get to return next year, since the senior class technically helped the band get there. This will be my second time with the band in the Rose Parade since we went when I was a freshman in the 2010 Rose Parade. You might be asking: Why is this is the Disneyland forum? Why is this in Micechat even? Well, we perform in Disneyland a few days before the real deal comes around. Here we are performing our fight song "Scotland the Brave" while on Main Street U.S.A. back in 2010.

Glendora High School performs at Disneyland - YouTube

If you want to bravethe Xmas-New Year crowds, come on out and see us perform once more! We might be playing on the last Sunday before New Year's hits. On a closing note, it feels great to hear Bill Rogers announce our band's name

~DM
    Stopping in the middle is
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

Re: We're going to the Rose Parade!

Me and my marching band goes to Disneyland every year to be in the Holiday parade
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

congratulations! I will be looking for your band in the next parade.

• Blew By You

Maybe I'll see you then. It's a great tradition. My junior high school band has been to the Rose Parade, North Park Jr. High, in Pico Rivera. It was a proud moment for me to see the kids march down Colorado Blvd.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandMaster View Post
    This should have been posted a few months back, but my high school marching band, the Glendora Tartan Marching Band and Pageantry, is going to the Tournament of Roses in 2014! We won the Grand Champion at L.A. County Fair back in September 2012, and secured a spot in the parade. The award ceremony is below (I am the bagpiper in the second row next to the trombone player).

Awards Ceremony - 2012 L.A. County Fair Marching Band Competition FINALS - YouTube

Although I am now a senior, I get to return next year, since the senior class technically helped the band get there. This will be my second time with the band in the Rose Parade since we went when I was a freshman in the 2010 Rose Parade. You might be asking: Why is this is the Disneyland forum? Why is this in Micechat even? Well, we perform in Disneyland a few days before the real deal comes around. Here we are performing our fight song "Scotland the Brave" while on Main Street U.S.A. back in 2010.

Glendora High School performs at Disneyland - YouTube

If you want to bravethe Xmas-New Year crowds, come on out and see us perform once more! We might be playing on the last Sunday before New Year's hits. On a closing note, it feels great to hear Bill Rogers announce our band's name

~DM
    How many times has Glendora been in the Rose Parade? Has to have been a lot. Arcadia and Glendora are the two bands I remember in the RP most...other than PCC, of course.

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Quote Originally Posted by NDNation View Post
    How many times has Glendora been in the Rose Parade? Has to have been a lot. Arcadia and Glendora are the two bands I remember in the RP most...other than PCC, of course.
    I'm not sure, but I do know that for this parade, it will be 50 years since the band first marched in it.
    Stopping in the middle is
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!