Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Disney Land Australia

I really doubt there was serious thought regarding an Australian park in 2004. Other parks were always a concern of the Hong Kong Government's and the big prize since before that project began has always been Shanghai.

I really don't think Disney needs to be thinking more Parks at the moment. People in Eurasia can go west to Paris or east to 3(3!) Disney options(after Shanghai of course). Austrailians can easily travel to Hong kong and People in south America can easily make the trip to Disney world or CA for their Disney experience(and very Latino friendly I might add). Not to mention a lot of those resorts are incomplete. Disney world has 3/4 of its Parks incomplete. Paris has room for 2 full size theme Parks if it wants to expand. Hong Kong has room for another full size park if it can manage to maintain its newly earned profitability. And of course Shanghai is just getting started. In 50 years when all those resorts are as complete and successfull as Disneyland and Tokyo Disney. Then I'd say maybe consider a new resort. Presently, new resorts struggle to earn a profit (Paris/ Hong Kong / Shanghai?) which results in lack of funding for the profitable Parks. That's the real reason why WDW has been so attraction deficient in recent years!

Others have said it as well, but though Australia and the Middle East (Royal Emirates I would guess) seem likely, Brazil is definitely the most likely next place for a Disney Resort. They account for a large amount of International tourists to WDW and DL and show large interest in Disney, like the Japanese did (that's why they got their park and why it's so successful, and why DLP isn't as successful.) Though also, like others have said, I don't see this happening for a while.

As a Brazilian, I have to say that Disney is very very very popular here.

When you ask 90% of the teen what is their dream, they will probably say:

"Go to Disney!"

Also, I have to say that Disney for Brazilian people is WDW. I dare to say that 95% of Brazilian that go to "Disney", go to WDW. They even don't consider the other resorts, since Orlando is closer and cheaper for us.

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Disney is more popular in Brazil than Europe?

Also, Brazilians speak Portuguese and most of the rest of South America speaks Spanish.

Not sure if that would detract from it being a "regional" park for Latin America.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Disney is more popular in Brazil than Europe?

Also, Brazilians speak Portuguese and most of the rest of South America speaks Spanish.

Not sure if that would detract from it being a "regional" park for Latin America.
    I cannot answer this question, because I have never been to Europe. But, Disney is very popular here in Brazil. Also, most of brazilian schools teach spanish and Rio is home to 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympic. Also, Rio is a very popular destination and has a good weather for a Disney park.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Thorped View Post
    How much do you think it would cost to build a brand new Disney Park from Scratch? What is be worth it in Australia?
    Not much!

We are a population of 22 million. With one quarter of that in Sydney. The Sydney western suburbs had a "six flags" type park years ago. It shuttered. Just not enough people coming through.

Australia's only area for theme parks .. is the Gold Coast in the state of Queensland. Where Sea World, a "six flags" type park, a water park, and a Warner Brothers, slightly themed, park exist. Which plays to the 22 million natives .. and tourists. My guess is, the theme market is saturated enough. Anymore ... and it will just collapse on the weight of itself .. with only so many people who have the money to spend.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

But, being honest with you, I would much prefer Disneyland Australia than Disneyland Brazil.

I am kind of a Disney and Australia Geek. I love Australia!! Never been there too, but it is a very cool place.

Sydney, IMHO, is the most beautiful city in the world. I like everything in Australia... The people, the weather(Sydney has more than 300 sunny days in the year), the cool vibe, the beach lifestyle. Also, Australian music is AWESOME! I am totally addicted to some Australian bands.

Just take a look at this video:

Sydney's George Street on Australia Day - YouTube

Look this colorful banner in the light poles! Very cool! Also, note how green and tidy the city is.
    NOTE: the songs used in the video are from my favorite band ever(Bag Raiders). I am totally addicted to the first song(Shooting Stars).

That is why I love Australia!

IMHO, I think a DL Australia, close to Sydney, would draw a lot of people. Disney's name bring so much effect to the park.

• Banned User

Blog Entries

When I was a teenager, I plotted out a design for "SYDNEY DISNEYLAND" but I was disappointed to learn that nobody thought Australia was a big enough market for a Disney resort.

Since Disney use "The happiest place on Earth" for her parks, they could use "The coolest place on Earth" for Sydney DL.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeekBrazil View Post
    IMHO, I think a DL Australia, close to Sydney, would draw a lot of people. Disney's name bring so much effect to the park.
    Not if:

A: It's another Disneyland Lite park - aka HKDL
    B: Not every Australian thinks Disney is the Be All - End All ... when the local pub is. ;-) I've come to realize - per capita .. Australians can be some of the biggest drinkers - compared to Americans. When you see Pub & Hotels ... the pub is PROMINENT, right off a street, while the "hotel" section, is kind of hard to find.
    C: The dollar is weak to the Australian dollar .. which it is, infrequently
    D: The trip is too long for some - Me, best direct flight - no lay-overs .. from here to California - 13 hours.
    E: the closest countries to Australia like New Zealand with populations 4.4 million .. and the Philipines to the north, and other island nations ... are your "best bet" for 'locals' who may have the money to visit.

Australia is fairly isolated into a corner of the world ... where for some, it's just too far to go. As an American 4 years into living in Australia .... Americans would get "sticker shock" every time they have to open their wallets for anything. Prices on many things are double. A McDonalds "combo" meal in the states .. 7 dollars .. Here .. It starts around 11 dollars. I can do $125 dollars worth of grocery shopping at Stater Brothers in O.C. ... my local Woolworths ... Same amount of food ... 250.. easily! A car in the states that is 20,000. That same car here ... 40,000! No question. It goes on.

The only kind of tourists that can make a trek to a "Disneyland Australia" have to be fairly well off.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Dubai was actually building "Dubailand" and Six Flags, Dreamworks, Universal and more were going to have parks in there. But the project eventually folded because of the economy. Yes...even oil rich Dubai became a victim of the bad worldwide economy.
    Here's a link to the whole story: Dubailand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Disney actually looked into the idea of a Disneyland in Australia. I even saw artist renderings of what it would look like. But the idea was scrapped because the local population wasn't enough to make it a money maker. Also, the majority of tourists who travel to Australia are adults looking for an "adventure vacation", not a family theme park one.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I don't think a Disneyland in South America would be likely for two reasons.
    1. If accepted it could siphon off a segment that Walt Disney World is becoming increasingly reliant upon.
    2. Not being accepted and not being seen as equivalent to Walt Disney World. This was a bit of an issue for a Disneyland Paris. There was a thought that the many British who visit Walt Disney World would be interested in a closer Disney park, but they were not because it isn't the same experience. A multi week trip to Florida is different than a few days closer to home.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast