Best trip ever I think...

Thanks to the luck of the draw - I married well and can look forward to an annual trip to the Disneyland Resort. We are from Canada. This year was my 13th trip so as long as we go ever year I can always keep the right number in my head (2013). Anyhow, I just had to write some of my memories of this trip inparticular.

I have finally settled down and don't have to rush around and keep an agenda like I used to think I had to do. When you love Disneyland as much as I do, and you grow up understanding what a priviledge it is to go there - you tend to act like you may never get the chance to go back. In the past I never knew if I would get the opportunity so I treated each time like I had to do it all. It can wear you out that way and my family never quite responded to DL like I had hoped they would. But this time was different. We just enjoyed each experience - whether it was on a ride or having a treat or watching a show - just paced ourselves according to what we felt like doing and not over thinking the whole thing.

I finally noticed all of the awesome detail that went into the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. My kids are 11 and 13 now but I have to believe that for any young fans of that movie, that ride delivers a great experience.

The matterhorn - just as rough as ever, even with new sleds, but we will always give it a go. I love the history of it.

Totally enjoyed DCA this time. It felt so "empty" or "souless" to me in the past but I think they finally nailed it in the retheming and continuous updates that they have done over the years. Everytime I step into Soarin I get this overwhelming feeling that Walt would really have approved of that one. The queue, the ride, the experience always puts a smile on my face and the crowd always applauds afterwards.

Sampled a couple of sundaes at Ghiradelli's - yummo!!!

Carsland was well-done as well. We got 2 goes on RSR. I realized that those sharp turns don't sit well with me so that ride will be an occasional one but nevertheless we all enjoyed the line and ride. It felt alot like BTMRR in the queue.

We happened to be on Main Street, USA, when the band came down and started the ceremony of taking down the flag. Wow. Very emotional and we were so happy to have seen that. Even being Canadian - I have a great love for the USA and feel just as patriotic as you do.

I just love the Monorail. Always have. I just stare at it everytime it goes by. I always think it seems so grand and yet somewhat under utilized, it just feels that way to me.

We ate at the Big Thunder BBQ for the first time ever. We weren't expecting such a fun experience. We loved the music and the interaction. I always miss my dad who has passed on so when we were listening to those great old songs I just felt his memory so strong. Oh, and the food was excellent.

Each year I think I feel more adoration and love for Disneyland. The older I get perhaps. It just gives me such a boost and I go home and back to my life and I take those good feelings with me. The place truly has the magic for me and I think my family are starting to see it as something more than the place we go for fun on our vacation. I hope to give them that appreciation for something so beautiful and of such high quality. You don't see that kind of beauty and quality in many other places.

Anyhow, thank you for listening to me singing the praises of the dear old place.

I also wondered if anyone knows what the "Agrifuture" sign you see on the train is supposed to represent?? I have never heard that word/term/name before.
    Last edited by Tamiele; 05-11-2013 at 10:53 PM.

• Selfie Expert

Re: Best trip ever I think...

Agrifuture is featured in Tomorrowland - if you've ever noticed many of the plants there are actually edible? Like cabbage, etc. It's something I sure someone else can expand on more.

Very happy to hear you had a chance to really enjoy your trip!! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

What a lovely trip report! I share your sense of a growing affection for the place over time. Maybe it comes from that first trip to Disneyland when I was a kid, when I had the impression that it was truly a once-in-a-lifetime vacation. When I did make it back, I remember feeling such anxiety, needing to go! go! go! the whole time -- see everything, do everything, cram as much in as possible. It's amazing what a different kind of trip it becomes when you can do just what you described...ride the current, in a way, notice the little things, enjoy that sense of place and history and community, really.

Glad you had such a great trip. Thanks for sharing it with us. You've given me at least two things to experience next time: Big Thunder BBQ & the flag ceremony.

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiele View Post
    Thanks to the luck of the draw - I married well and can look forward to an annual trip to the Disneyland Resort. We are from Canada. This year was my 13th trip so as long as we go ever year I can always keep the right number in my head (2013). Anyhow, I just had to write some of my memories of this trip inparticular.

I have finally settled down and don't have to rush around and keep an agenda like I used to think I had to do. When you love Disneyland as much as I do, and you grow up understanding what a priviledge it is to go there - you tend to act like you may never get the chance to go back. In the past I never knew if I would get the opportunity so I treated each time like I had to do it all. It can wear you out that way and my family never quite responded to DL like I had hoped they would. But this time was different. We just enjoyed each experience - whether it was on a ride or having a treat or watching a show - just paced ourselves according to what we felt like doing and not over thinking the whole thing.

I finally noticed all of the awesome detail that went into the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. My kids are 11 and 13 now but I have to believe that for any young fans of that movie, that ride delivers a great experience.

The matterhorn - just as rough as ever, even with new sleds, but we will always give it a go. I love the history of it.

Totally enjoyed DCA this time. It felt so "empty" or "souless" to me in the past but I think they finally nailed it in the retheming and continuous updates that they have done over the years. Everytime I step into Soarin I get this overwhelming feeling that Walt would really have approved of that one. The queue, the ride, the experience always puts a smile on my face and the crowd always applauds afterwards.

Sampled a couple of sundaes at Ghiradelli's - yummo!!!

Carsland was well-done as well. We got 2 goes on RSR. I realized that those sharp turns don't sit well with me so that ride will be an occasional one but nevertheless we all enjoyed the line and ride. It felt alot like BTMRR in the queue.

We happened to be on Main Street, USA, when the band came down and started the ceremony of taking down the flag. Wow. Very emotional and we were so happy to have seen that. Even being Canadian - I have a great love for the USA and feel just as patriotic as you do.

I just love the Monorail. Always have. I just stare at it everytime it goes by. I always think it seems so grand and yet somewhat under utilized, it just feels that way to me.

We ate at the Big Thunder BBQ for the first time ever. We weren't expecting such a fun experience. We loved the music and the interaction. I always miss my dad who has passed on so when we were listening to those great old songs I just felt his memory so strong. Oh, and the food was excellent.

Each year I think I feel more adoration and love for Disneyland. The older I get perhaps. It just gives me such a boost and I go home and back to my life and I take those good feelings with me. The place truly has the magic for me and I think my family are starting to see it as something more than the place we go for fun on our vacation. I hope to give them that appreciation for something so beautiful and of such high quality. You don't see that kind of beauty and quality in many other places.

Anyhow, thank you for listening to me singing the praises of the dear old place.

I also wondered if anyone knows what the "Agrifuture" sign you see on the train is supposed to represent?? I have never heard that word/term/name before.
    Five star post right here!

• Foolish Mortal

Great post and I'm glad the go-go-go mentality is a thing of the past for you now. Your trip report doesn't even need pictures because you did such a great job painting them for us. As an APH, I find it so relaxing to go and just cruise around, take in the sites, sounds, smells. All with no pressure or feeling of having to go-go-go the entirety of my visit.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Agrifuture is featured in Tomorrowland - if you've ever noticed many of the plants there are actually edible? Like cabbage, etc. It's something I sure someone else can expand on more.

Very happy to hear you had a chance to really enjoy your trip!! Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks for explaining that to me. No, I have never noticed edible plants in Tomorrowland. Interesting!!

Thanks to you all for your kind replies. Yes my appreciation of the place seemed to settle into an even deeper level as of this trip. I think my experience in the past was limited to "sight, sound and smell"...all of which I was completely in love with and longed to get back to, but I can say without any hesitation that I am a total Disneyland convert. I just enjoy it all. And Walt reminds me of my Grandpa Bill so that certainly helps, doesn't it. My dad also used to tell me of growing up and watching the Walt Disney on Sunday nights during the days that Disneyland was in the planning and construction phase. Imaging my dad, a farm boy, watching the TV with total awe at the ideas and innovations that Walt was reproducing down in Anaheim, CA. It planted the seed in him that he had to see that place one day. When I was 12 (1982) we went as a family for the first time. It didn't disappoint. We went again when I was 17. Dad never made it back after that but I absolutely take him with me each time we go. I could go on and on, sorry people. Glad to have like minded people here to share with.

Quote Originally Posted by emwhysee View Post
    What a lovely trip report! I share your sense of a growing affection for the place over time. Maybe it comes from that first trip to Disneyland when I was a kid, when I had the impression that it was truly a once-in-a-lifetime vacation. When I did make it back, I remember feeling such anxiety, needing to go! go! go! the whole time -- see everything, do everything, cram as much in as possible. It's amazing what a different kind of trip it becomes when you can do just what you described...ride the current, in a way, notice the little things, enjoy that sense of place and history and community, really.

Glad you had such a great trip. Thanks for sharing it with us. You've given me at least two things to experience next time: Big Thunder BBQ & the flag ceremony.
    You and I sound so much alike. You are right - it was planted in my head at a young age that it is a fleetingly, rare chance to go to Disneyland. I absolutely know what a privilege it is for me to go, and for as often as I go. So many people around me will never go because it is out of their price range. My husband knows I am mostly an easy to please person who doesn't need flowers and jewelry but take me to Disneyland once a year and see the sparkle that comes out of me.

• formerly very helpful

So glad you had a great trip. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing your TR.

• New Member Goes Forth

Glad you had a nice trip, thanks for sharing
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• i believe in faeries.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiele View Post
    ...We are from Canada.
    me too!