Military ID and discount at the gate...

My Brother in law is active military and he and my sister in law will be going to DL with me, my husband and two kids in Late september. My brother and sister in law are driving to CA the day after we get there and will get there in the evening from AZ. If I get a photo copy and maybe even notorized of his military ID to prove it is family will that be okay to show at the gate in the morning? I know it can be iffffy on what gate attendant you get and it says the military person must be present, but we would like to be able to go for the 3 days available while they will be with us the other two days we are there. Any thoughts on the photocopy or just hope for the best that we are able to get in? Thanks for some help with this question.
    Obsessed with Disney! :earsboy:
    WDW vacation winners of Disney online video contest!
    Disneyland video contest...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpd-0zNqu8
    Surprise DCL Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT0ZgMsEiFg
    DCL 2003, 2006, 2008, 2011 WDW 03,08 DL +100 x's NEXT: WDW Sept 2012
    :stir: me 33 pirateH 35 princessD 10 :darth: DS 8

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Re: Military ID and discount at the gate...

Don't do it:

Photocopying military, CAC IDs a violation of federal law | Article | The United States Army

http://www.littlerock.af.mil/news/st...p?id=123291920

Copy-CAC and get caught: Military ID's should not be photocopied
    19th Airlift Wing Public Affairs

According to Title 18, US Code, Part I, Chapter 33, Section 701, Official Badges, Identification Cards, Other Insignia, the photocopying of military identification is illegal and violations of this law are punishable by fine or imprisonment.

The pertinent part of Section 701 says that any reproduction, replication, manufacturing, or imitation of any government identification or insignia will be punished by a monetary fine, imprisonment up to six months or both.

As noted in the security bulletin recently distributed throughout the Air Force, many military members, family members and Department of Defense employees are unaware of this law. Many commercial establishments ask for photocopies of military identification as proof that an individual is entitled to a discount or other benefit. However, this request is a violation of 18 USC 33 701. Commercial establishments may request to see a military ID, but cannot photocopy it for their records.

"This is important for anyone with a military ID to know," said Greg Call, base operational security manager. "Commercial companies will ask for it, but under no circumstances should you give them a photocopy."

Don't photocopy that CAC under any circumstance. Have the active duty member go to his ITT on base and buy the discounted tickets there, then they can be sent to you. However, you may still run into trouble if you have somebody that wants to see the serviceman's ID (I ran into that at Universal Florida).

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

When we went on on a military discount a couple years ago, our son bought the tickets in advance on the base and he had to be at the turnstiles the first time we entered. On subsequent entries he didn't have to be there.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie Dad View Post
    When we went on on a military discount a couple years ago, our son bought the tickets in advance on the base and he had to be at the turnstiles the first time we entered. On subsequent entries he didn't have to be there.
    This holds true as of last weekend. My father brought five 3-day park hoppers and was present the first morning to get us all in. They took our pictures and then scanned the tickets to make sure they match the photos on subsequent visits He only had to be with us that first time. We stayed in the DL Hotel so we had early morning entry into DCA. Get there a good 30-40 minutes early and strike up a conversation with any of the CMs behind the gate. They can get the ball rolling before the parks open so you don't waste your entire early morning entry standing in line.

Go to ITT and get tickets. There really isn't a discount - its usually only about $5 off the tickets, unfortunately. But, just get the tickets that way. Don't break any rules.

•   
    • Minion

I don't know about the discounts at the bases but the one you can get at the gate with a military ID is pretty nice - it's about 50% off a three day hopper ticket. However, showing a photocopy of the ID won't cut it. When I went with my Mom - who is military and bought that for herself (I have an AP) - they did ask her for her actual ID on the first day she used the ticket and they actually did check it. I would guess there's no way around having the actual military member show up with the actual ID on the first day.

I don't think Disneyland sells Military Discounts at the park. They would probably have to go to their MWR (or similar)

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 14 MPH View Post
    I don't think Disneyland sells Military Discounts at the park. They would probably have to go to their MWR (or similar)
    Yes, they do. It doesn't say it here, but in addition to buying on the base, you can buy the military discount ticket at any ticket booth at Disneyland with a military ID. That's what we did.

Tickets | U.S. Military Special Offers | Disneyland Resort

This one confirms you can get the tickets at the gate.

http://www.mousesavers.com/disneylan...unts/#military
    Last edited by Malina; 05-13-2013 at 05:35 AM.

• The doctor is in

Do not under any circumstance photo copy a military ID. You're going to have to wait until they get there because in order to enter the park with military tickets you will need to show the military ID.

When I got my military tickets in October I was able to buy them at the gate because my base's MWR/ITT was severely behind and didn't have the tickets. They made me show my ID whenever I entered the park. My parents couldn't enter without my ID present.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Evil is Sexy

Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

does anyone know if this will apply to veterans at the gate?

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkd View Post
    does anyone know if this will apply to veterans at the gate?
    As long as you have a valid retired ID or DAV ID with MWR privileges you should be able to buy military tickets at the gate. I don't know how much they know about the various types of ID's but I had no issues with my CAC.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

My husband was just over at Miramar picking up tickets for our summer trip to Disneyland with family. There are currently 3-day park-hoppers for $122.75 available at the ITT office on the base. You buy the voucher and then have to change them to tickets. The voucher specifically says that the military member MUST be with the entire party.

DO NOT photocopy a military ID! As has been said, it's against the law. (A long time ago, I worked in military records and ID cards, and that was drummed into our heads!)

Donna
    wife of retired Navy man
    1967, 1973, 1977 - DLR (RV parks)
    1980-1984 - DLR (multiple single days or at now-defunct motels)
    1994 - DLR (off-site hotel)
    2007 - DLR (single day)
    2008, 2009 - DLR (BW Stovall's)
    2012 - WDW (PopC)
    2013 - DLR (Candy Cane Inn)