A little trick to save a few bucks on transportation from DL Hotel to airport

On our final day of staying at the DL Hotel last weekend, my brother talked to the bell hop outside of the hotel's lobby and asked about getting on the Disney shuttle to get to the airport. THe CM told him that the shuttle was a little expensive for a party of four, one way, and then gave my brother a voucher for a flat-rate, one-way trip to the airport in a cab for only $35.

The shuttle is $18 per person and makes stops other than at the airport...i.e. all the other good neighbor hotel/motels. This voucher saved us about $15 bucks and as anyone who has spent a few days at the park can tell you, coming home with an extra bit a loot is a wonderful thing. Thought I would pass it along here.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: A little trick to save a few bucks on transportation from DL Hotel to airport

May I ask what airport you use? Lax SNA ?
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Nutty about Disney parks

Re: A little trick to save a few bucks on transportation from DL Hotel to airport

Why don't they have a Disney Magical Express service like they do at WDW? It would be a great perk for staying at the Disney hotels?
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Under that tree again!

This is a good tip, they have the flat rate vouchers for taxis at each of the Disney hotels. Ask at the front desk. The problem is you can only get them when going.

The Disney Shuttle is called the Disneyland Resort Express. While it sounds like the Disney Shuttle will make more stops, that isn't correct. It picks up from area hotels and then the DLH before going to LAX or SNA. The DLH is the transfer point coming or going so the usual first or last stop. On some rare occasion when arriving it will stop at the GCH first. If you are taking it from the DLH back to the airport it works well.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Why don't they have a Disney Magical Express service like they do at WDW? It would be a great perk for staying at the Disney hotels?
    Because they the DLR hotels are small in comparison. DLR doesn't have the same length of stay potential as WDW. DLR has many more guests that travel there by car compared to by plane.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    This is a good tip, they have the flat rate vouchers for taxis at each of the Disney hotels. Ask at the front desk. The problem is you can only get them when going.

The Disney Shuttle is called the Disneyland Resort Express. While it sounds like the Disney Shuttle will make more stops, that isn't correct. It picks up from area hotels and then the DLH before going to LAX or SNA. The DLH is the transfer point coming or going so the usual first or last stop. On some rare occasion when arriving it will stop at the GCH first. If you are taking it from the DLH back to the airport it works well.
    Bell Services had the flat rate taxi vouchers last year when we were at DLH. If you plan on returning to one of the DLR resorts before the voucher's expiration date ask for an extra one and use it from the airport to the DLR hotels. The vouchers work for both directions. I know this to be true as we did exactly that last year.

dsny1mom

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by akfandisney View Post
    May I ask what airport you use? Lax SNA ?
    Gotta be SNA (Orange County).
    And that amount seems to be about the same amount for a cab to SNA.

LAX is about $100.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Sorry I didn't think to clarify, SNA it was. I've done LAX once, used the shuttle, didn't like either.