• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

DL Parking question

Here are questions that shows that I haven't been to the DLR (other than Downtown Disney) in awhile.
    And I need some advice before I leave for the meet Sunday (leaving home by 5:30-6am) -
    If I arrive early (7-8am), what's the best way in off of 5 South, or Ball/Katella if I come by way of the 57?
    Aren't there small lots available besides the parking structure? (I avoid those if at all possible.) Advantages/disadvantages if I want to go out to the car a couple of times? (I'll be by myself, no kids).
    Sorry for asking questions I'm sure have been answered many times before - I tried using the park's website but could not easily at least find the info -
    Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• See you there!

Re: DL Parking question

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    Here are questions that shows that I haven't been to the DLR (other than Downtown Disney) in awhile.
    And I need some advice before I leave for the meet Sunday (leaving home by 5:30-6am) -
    If I arrive early (7-8am), what's the best way in off of 5 South, or Ball/Katella if I come by way of the 57?
    Aren't there small lots available besides the parking structure? (I avoid those if at all possible.) Advantages/disadvantages if I want to go out to the car a couple of times? (I'll be by myself, no kids).
    Sorry for asking questions I'm sure have been answered many times before - I tried using the park's website but could not easily at least find the info -
    Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow.
    I don't think there are anymore close lots that do not require a tram. I beleive the tram service to the parking structure is about as good as it gets, and that's not bad.

I usually come down the 57, get off at Ball, drive to the turn after the TDA building (big signs Disneyland that-a-way) turn left go to the structure.

IHTH

CU@DL

Andy

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

both ball rd and katella is about same mile from 57 fwy One you may have drive far. both have stop light. ball is closer to park lots. you may want to park in Lion king park lot off harbor. still have a tram ride.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Sounds like you are driving solo, so if you want to avoid the parking structure, I would get off at Harbor Blvd off the 5 south, then make a right onto Harbor at the end of the off-ramp, then a right at Disney Way to enter the parking lot entrance.

From the 57, get off on Ball, and head west. When you get to Harbor, make a left, then a right at Disney Way.

When you enter the Parking Lot, they will collect your money and then one of three things will happen.

1. If Timon is open, and not full, they will let you park there. This is the option you want. Take the tram to the Main Entry Plaza.

2. If Timon is closed (usually on slow weekdays) or full, they send you along a back road to Disneyland Drive and send you to the Parking Structure by making a left on Magic Way. (This is the second best choice) Take the Tram to the Main Entry Plaza.

3. If the park is expected to be extremely busy, and Timon is full, they send you along the back road, and have you drive straight across to the Simba lot, behind the Paradise Pier Hotel. This is NOT a good choice, as there is no tram service, and you will have a long walk to get to the Main Entry Plaza.

There are two other lots, but they are not usually open.

On Disney Way, there is Pummba, you access this by driving west on Disney Way from the I-5. The Drawback here, there is no tram service, and a long walk to the park down Disney Way, then up Harbor to the Pedistrian entrance.

The other lot is Buzz Lightyear, this is the old strawberry field south of Katella. I think it only opened once in the last 12 months, which was New Years Eve. They do offer bus service to the park if it is open, but if you wanted to go back to your car, you are looking at a long trip, including waiting for the buses.

Good luck.....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• For old time sake

I always take 57 get off at Ball and take Ball to Disneyland Way (turn left of course). This will take you right into the parking structure (by following the "Theme Parks Only" sign)
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Closed Account

I always take Harbor to Ball and park in the Mickey & Friends structure.

• The Candidate

If you are getting a pass that includes parking, then I believe that it is only good in Mickey and Friends. Also, if you are planning to get this add on at the park, bring your receipt with you. They will refund you the cost of parking.

• :)

you can get off @ Katella...take it down to Disney Way, turn left into the first lot...it looks like you're turning into the hotel, it's free parking but you'll have to walk through downtown disney :]

• Dumptruck of Information

Interesting note: the NAMM convention is going on this weekend over at the Convention Center. Last year, i attempted to park in Timon, but was directed straight to the Mickey and Friends Structure. The Timon lot has easy access to the convention center, and signs were posted up saying Timon was closed because of NAMM. Apparently, Disney wasn't giving "free" parking to NAMM guests who had AP's.

• The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by CaptPhoebus
    Apparently, Disney wasn't giving "free" parking to NAMM guests who had AP's.
    They are if those guests (particularly me) park in Mickey and Friends