Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• The doctor is in

Re: My week at Disneyland - Learning the hard way to avoid the month of May

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiele View Post
    Dr. Fink we have the same access to Disney. We get there about once a year for about 4 days. I stay current on DL news by reading this board. We are as knowledgeable about the Disney parks as we possibly can be and that is why we can say that there is a definite Disney blunder with the way they are handling Grad Night 2013. Why do you have to get that information from Trip Advisor? Why are large numbers of rowdy grads allowed to be in the parks throughout the day? A total recipe for disaster. The traveller, like Dr. Fink and my family, are left without options and blindsided by these dates. If you can't announce the dates to the public (although I can't imagine why not) then at least please keep the grads in the one park and have them only in the park for time of their event. Problem solved.
    I couldn't agree more.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• ...and the Flowers Croon

We were there in May 2011 and saw all the grad nite kids lining up as we left each night. The idea of having them in the park en masse all day is horrifying. Blargh.

Frequently Asked Questions | About Disney Youth | Disney Youth Programs

If you look at the program specific faq's on the lower right, you can easily find all the dates and more info. I know this site has always provided the info, because I have used it in previous years to see when the park would be closed early.

• Minion

As I just posted on another thread, I'm happy to report that my trip to the park on this past THursday (as Chaperone for a Grad Night Group) was quite enjoyable. The park wasn't that crowded, didn't see any line jumping, while there were some groups of kids traveling in mass clapping hands and making some noise, it seemed more spirited fun than problematic. I had expected to have POTC ruined by rowdy kids, but it didn't happen. Even though a large group of noisy girls got on as I did, they actually got into the ride relatively quickly and just enjoyed it.

I was thrilled how well things went. I'm sorry others have had a tougher time with the Grads.

• Familymemories

I know how you feel. We took a trip several years ago and hit a holiday we completely forgot about. Columbus day. Oh boy, it was crowded. We just avoided the busy parts of the park. Good thing we had been there a few days before that were calm.
    Vintage Jewelry Converted Into Wearable Pieces Visit My Etsy Shop3 Kid Crop Shop

• Perfect Insanity

I knew there was a grad nite yesterday and told my husband bad idea to go cause it would probably be them along with tons of other groups of whatever(music, dance, etc). Well sure enough...first ride I go with one of my kids on and there is a group of 6-8 girls that decided once out of the HM stretching room to try to shove their way past us cause of 2 boys ahead of them. I told them all as they passed to not be shoving past all of the rest of us waiting. This is the spot where it thins the line out to get on the ride that they are doing this. I had 2 say sorry and a 3rd say how her friends are up there. Which I told her that I already told them it wasn't cool to shove on through the line like this. They got cut off before getting to these boys. Of course 2 times over the loud speaker you hear the CM telling them they are being watched and to keep their hands in at all times. To top it off I thought these schools were told there is a dress code to follow. Looking at the link to the one site listed here on the dates it says "Clothing that could be construed as inappropriate for a family environment (e.g., string bikini tops and bottoms, G-strings, excessively torn clothing)" yet that was far from the case with most these girls. They cut their grad shirts up to like nothing and the shorts on them where so not approriate at all. My husband been with our 6 yr old daughter at one point and said one girl bent over and nothing on under her shorts and showed it all and that was a middle schooler cause she had a school shirt on. So how is this ok? Why aren't these schools saying no way to those like this? As well as parents being parents and seeing what the kids have on. All I know is when my daughter is older I will make sure she understands how to see if her shorts are to short. It takes alot to get to me when I'm in DL but this was just bad at times. Even my 11 yr old son was getting annoyed by them.
    I did let DL know about these things and that if I had seen the schools on any of the shirts I would complain to those schools/districts myself but the ones that had school shirts on only had the letters and no name. All I know is never ever again. I would rather put the day off and go a different time. Unless Disney changes things cause I'm sorry but they do not belong with the day crowds. I will say not all acted this way and we came across some polite ones but for the most part to many were not approriate to be there without their own parents (or a responsible adult).

• The doctor is in

Just an update on my email experience...

I got my response and got back in touch yesterday with the CM who originally contacted me. To make a long story short, she apologized for my experiences and had also documented my complaints on the new bobsleds for the Matterhorn Bobsleds. She even admitted that they have received a substantial number of complaints on the sleds. She also explained the Grad Nights I experienced were not high school but were junior high. That probably explains a lot.
    In the end I was offered a 3-day Park Hopper passes for free so I could return during any time of year. The passes are good for two years. All I had to do is mail my original ticket from earlier this month to her and she will send me the new passes.

I honestly was surprised. I didn't think Disney was in the habit of sending people free passes as an apology. If anything I was expecting to be offered a gift card or get nothing but the email response.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345