Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• -

Re: What 3 attractions would keep in Tomorrow Land?

Quote Originally Posted by montanamouse View Post
    As much as I love the monorail, it just doesn't do enough.
    What else would you have it do, a vertical launch and a couple of corkscrews?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

So I'm limited to three? Hard. OK:
    Star Tours
    Space Mountain
    Peoplemover (if everything else is going then the PM can be rebuilt)
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

the only one really worth saving is Space Mountain, but if I must add 2 more, Star Tours and BLAB lol
    ~things are looking mighty satisfactual~

space mountain, & i guess if you count the monorail & railroad stations then those too. the rest can go.

I was thinking more along the lines of longer transportation and more stops, but I wouldn't complain about a corkscrew either I suppose.

• Discovery Mountaineer

A would say a revamped peoplemover, Space mountain, and bring back caurosal of progress, they may not all be current rides, but those were the best.

• Nutty about Disney parks

The simplest approach would be to keep SM, ST, and BLAB and have the new Tomorrowland take on a space fantasy theme since those three rides have that in common.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Space Mountain, Star Tours, and Monorail. All the rest should make way for a new vision of Tomorrowland which doesn't involve Pixar characters. The monorail needs to be rerouted to make use of all that land, or figure a way to integrate it.

I think converting the land into an indoor track for a new Tron light-cycle attraction would be awesome. Utilize the existing peoplemover track to board and exit the attraction. Autopia and Innoventions would need to be sacrificed for the greater good. Depending on structural issues FNSV could be saved but I would personally change the theme back to its original concept if they are serious about making Tomorrowland the most entertaining land again.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 05-14-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Space Mountain
    Star Tours
    BLAB or Astro Orbitor

• Minion

Space Mountain
    Star Tours
    Monorail

•   
    • Minion

Space Mountain
    Star Tours
    Monorail

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    This.
    ... is TOMORROWLAND. *Kick*

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Space Mountain, Star Tours, Monorail. Autopia likely not going anywhere. The rest can go and something fancy ambitious replace it.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post

Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967

This is easy:

1. Space Mountain
    2. Monorail
    3. Star Tours

Number 1, because it's still hugely popular.
    Number 2, No Tomorrowland is complete without futuristic transportation
    Number 3, it was just redone, and a class act. Being TL's only "Star Wars" attraction - I'm okay with it.

perfectly said
    Thank you. While the topic is - What are our top 3 ..... I think there are two others I think Disney would hold on to, without question - That being Finding Nemo Subs, and Buzz Lightyear. Autopia is one of those weird ones that would stay - Not because it properly fits the theme of the land, but because it fits in such an odd space .. being wrapped around by the Monorail beam, and "sub" attraction infrastructure ... that the Disney Co. would rather distance themselves from dealing with it, at all. And of course .... no need to list Astro Orbitor to stay or go .... I think it's obvious .. the current design would go - but be reinvented with a whole new look ... and back on it's "1967" perch.

But back on the subs and Buzz ..... I would never list them in My List ... because a romp with cartoons and attractions representing a plausible future for mankind ... or two completely different things. If the subs were on the list for a more "futuristic" layover ... then I'd like to see them stay. And for Buzz ... surely there are better ideas that aren't cartoons ... when Tomorrowland just isn't big enough to hold on to rides that don't really support it's theme.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 05-14-2013 at 11:23 PM.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Banned User

For me:

-Space Mountain
    -Star Tours
    -Monorail

Space Mountain: Yeah its just too iconic now. Its like POTC, HM, Splash, etc and has been built in every MK park. It would be weird NOT to have it at this point. It will be there as long as the land is.

Star Tours: I would say if they DIDNT update it, heave ho, but now its one Disneys best rides now. Its just incredible and it just opened in Tokyo to a lot of fanfare as well. And face it, Disney just bought Lucasfilm, no way is their ONLY Star Wars attraction will ever leave, especially with new films coming out. And now with 2.0 and going to multiple planets it means they can update it even more with the new films. They can add to it for a long time to come!

Monorail: God I cant believe I'm going to say this, but Walt built it lol. Im not a nostalgia guy in the least but is nice to have ONE thing in the land he designed and yes its nice to have some futuristic transportation (although its not really futuristic anymore since I been on monorails in multiple countries now). Anyway its a REAL functioning attraction and not just a 'ride' so that in itself is cool. And lastly, its just something about it after all these years to see it gliding in the air and hits all the spots in the resort. It would be nice to have a third stop in DCA or GCH but that seem unlikely these days. Anyway still great!

Buzz came really close as I love that ride too but since TSMM is there and really popular so its less of a blow if Buzz was gone (but would miss it). Everything else I would be fine they knocked it down.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast