Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    • done
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,331

    River Belle barbeque chicken

    OK, I tried to look for another thread where this would fit in, but I couldn't find one, so if a mod thinks this needs to be merged somewhere else, please feel free to do so.

    We had lunch at River Belle a couple weeks ago, and I decided to try their barbeque chicken dish. I could never bring myself to try the barbeque at Rancho, so I haven't had barbeque in the park since Big Thunder Ranch BBQ closed. The barbeque chicken at River Belle was actually quite good. The flavor of the sauce was good, and the chicken was very tender. I didn't care for the baked beans that much, but then, I'm generally not all that fond of baked beans because I find them to be too sweet. I'm not a huge fan of cornbread either, but I thought the cornbread was ok here. My husband loves cornbread but he wasn't too keen on it here. All in all, I liked it a lot, and it's definitely something I'd have again.

    Here's a picture (because you know I have to have a picture taken of my food before I eat it...

  2. #2

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,769

    Re: River Belle barbeque chicken

    The quality definately is not the same from Big Thunder BBQ though when they would make the ribs right in front of you on the grill. I also liked the BBQ Beef Sandwich and they never brought that back.

    I wish Wood Ranch BBQ would sponsor the river belle and actually bring in some true BBQ. They have one in anaheim hills.
    www.woodranch.com

    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 01-21-2006 at 04:05 PM.

  3. #3

    • done
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    I wish Wood Ranch BBQ would sponsor the river belle and actually bring in some true BBQ.
    www.woodranch.com
    How funny! We're going there for the first time tonight for dinner to celebrate a friend's birthday.

  4. #4

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,769

    Re: River Belle barbeque chicken

    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    How funny! We're going there for the first time tonight for dinner to celebrate a friend's birthday.
    Best BBQ you will ever have, I promise you that. It is also the classiest BBQ restaurant I have ever seen. I have yet to get one bad thing on the menu there. Here is a tip, they give you garlic bread rolls and they taste awesome alone as it is but if you dip them in the beans and eat it that way it is AMAZING. Everything you get there is amazing whether it be the chicken, ribs, BBQ Beef Sandwich, or the Tri Tip. I would recommend getting the half ribs and half chicken combo.
    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 01-21-2006 at 04:15 PM.

  5. #5

    •   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Not at Disneyland :(
    Posts
    2,474

    Re: River Belle barbeque chicken

    I just checked out the website and I'm now hungry. I'm 400 miles away and all I can say is, "I hate you now!!!!" (in a good way)
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

  6. #6

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    823

    Re: River Belle barbeque chicken

    The last time we got that they actually told us that we could not get all white meat lol. The lady was actually VERY rude about it and a supervisor had to come out and tell the CM she was wrong. We got a free strawberry something for desert - that was the best part of the meal lol. We were not impressed with the chicken. We still miss the Rancho version

  7. #7

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,769

    Re: River Belle barbeque chicken

    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDude
    The last time we got that they actually told us that we could not get all white meat lol. The lady was actually VERY rude about it and a supervisor had to come out and tell the CM she was wrong. We got a free strawberry something for desert - that was the best part of the meal lol. We were not impressed with the chicken. We still miss the Rancho version
    Which location was this? In Rancho Santa Margarita the service is awesome.

  8. #8

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    well thats none of your buisness
    Posts
    25,263

    Re: River Belle barbeque chicken

    I was amazed they had no garnish on the plate. Being a cook all my life I would never send out a plate with out a pretty flower, orange slice on a leaf etc.
    Thank you for posting about your food, and sharing a pic

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    823

    Re: River Belle barbeque chicken

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    Which location was this? In Rancho Santa Margarita the service is awesome.
    LOL - stay on topic! I was was talking about the River Belle "service"


    Great! Now I am thinking about BBQ..... *sigh*

  10. #10

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Posts
    7,773

    Re: River Belle barbeque chicken



    Dr. Hoggly Woggly’s Tyler Texas BBQ
    8136 Sepulveda Blvd (near Roscoe)
    Van Nuys, CA 91402-4305
    Phone: (818) 902-9046


    That's eatin' Bob!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-


    When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.


  11. #11

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,769

    Re: River Belle barbeque chicken

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney


    Dr. Hoggly Woggly’s Tyler Texas BBQ
    8136 Sepulveda Blvd (near Roscoe)
    Van Nuys, CA 91402-4305
    Phone: (818) 902-9046


    That's eatin' Bob!
    Tried it, place was a hole in the wall and the food was not as good as wood ranch.

  12. #12

    • Disneyland Fanatic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    By the beach
    Posts
    350

    Re: River Belle barbeque chicken

    All this talk about BBQ- yum (an it's Sunday morning LOL)

    I tried to mapquest directions from DL to the Anaheim Hills location (so we can go next motnh when we are down there) and Mapquest can't find the address:
    Anaheim Hills Festival
    8022 E. Santa Ana Cyn Rd

    Does anybody know why?

  13. #13

    • Now in Texas!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    37

    Re: River Belle barbeque chicken

    Quote Originally Posted by LuvDLand
    All this talk about BBQ- yum (an it's Sunday morning LOL)

    I tried to mapquest directions from DL to the Anaheim Hills location (so we can go next motnh when we are down there) and Mapquest can't find the address:
    Anaheim Hills Festival
    8022 E. Santa Ana Cyn Rd

    Does anybody know why?
    Yahoo maps can find it, but it lists the city as Anaheim, not Anaheim Hills.

    Sue in Sacramento
    ...who knows very little about SoCal geography...

  14. #14

    • Disneyland Fanatic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    By the beach
    Posts
    350

    Re: River Belle barbeque chicken

    Thanks Sue In Sacto!

  15. #15

    • done
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    Best BBQ you will ever have, I promise you that. It is also the classiest BBQ restaurant I have ever seen. I have yet to get one bad thing on the menu there. Here is a tip, they give you garlic bread rolls and they taste awesome alone as it is but if you dip them in the beans and eat it that way it is AMAZING. Everything you get there is amazing whether it be the chicken, ribs, BBQ Beef Sandwich, or the Tri Tip. I would recommend getting the half ribs and half chicken combo.
    The garlic bread rolls were *very* good. I had two and then had to stop or I wouldn't have been able to eat my dinner. I had the combo of tri tip and pork ribs. Yumm. Looking forward to going back sometime and trying something else. Now we have a second place to go to for good barbeque.

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Breakfast at the River Belle Terrace
    By AlbcAlbrr in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 07:42 PM
  2. Question about River Belle Terrace
    By DisneyMickey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 04:35 PM
  3. Fantasmic from the River Belle?
    By dchun2007 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2006, 10:59 PM
  4. River Belle question
    By ManaByte in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2006, 10:46 PM
  5. Our Breakfast at the River Belle
    By PirateMickey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-02-2005, 09:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •