Annual Pass Visit Counter

I was a Disneyland last week and noticed something about the visit counter. I know early on that it seemed to count reentry into a park as a separate visit so the number wasn't quite accurate. they corrected that a little while after the start of the feature.

one day I was at Disneyland all day until mid-afternoon and I went back to the hotel for a rest. while there I checked the visit counter and noticed that it went up by 2, before I had gone to CA

on my exit day, I spent a few hours at Disneyland before I left without park hopping and again it went up by 2.

so it looks like if you visit a park they assume that you are going to park hop whether you do or not.

I wonder if this holds true for people with mutliday park hoppers, any use counts as a visit to both parks?

Re: Annual Pass Visit Counter

My counter only counted each day as one count. But that was awhile ago. I'll check next trip!

• The Tomorrowland One

Do you have parking and use it? The way the ticket system works, it counts scanning your pass into parking as one "admission" and entry into the parks as another "admission".

And sometimes it just bugs out and will count reentry scans on the same day as a new admission.

• SORCERER

Quote Originally Posted by Autopia View Post
    Do you have parking and use it? The way the ticket system works, it counts scanning your pass into parking as one "admission" and entry into the parks as another "admission".

And sometimes it just bugs out and will count reentry scans on the same day as a new admission.
    Weird, I have a premium pass and use it for parking but its never counted parking as a visit.

So I wouldn't count on the visits counter to much, its not that accurate. There are times where I have gone multiple times in 1 week an it will show up as 1 visit.

For example, My girlfriend goes with me every time. It says shes only been 42 times, mines says 56. When its actually 51 times. Ive only had my pass since August, im not sure if they changed anything between then and now.

Quote Originally Posted by Autopia View Post
    I have a premium pass, about half the time I park, depends on where I'm staying.

except in the beginning, when they first started, I haven't seen any days that I got more than 2 visits and most of the time I park hop.

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyC View Post
    Weird, I have a premium pass and use it for parking but its never counted parking as a visit.

So I wouldn't count on the visits counter to much, its not that accurate. There are times where I have gone multiple times in 1 week an it will show up as 1 visit.
    oh, I know it is not accurate. just something to do when your in the hotel with limited cable stations. especially off season when the parks close early.

an odd thing that I noticed is that during my visit the number was updated fairly fast, that afternoon. so I thought there was a direct link between the systems. except the last day I was there, a Thursday, it took two days for it to change. this leads me to think that someone has to do a data dump to get the gate scans into the visit counter.

How do you access your trip counter?

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    How do you access your trip counter?
    You can log in to your pass online (once you create an account and link your pass to it) at Today | Annual Passports | Disneyland Resort and then there will be a mickey symbol that shows you your number of visits.

^^ Create an account and register your pass.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/log...rofile/passes/

Thanks!

Maybe that the system who transfer the data between the ticketing software from the parks and internet doesn't work very well and must be fixed.

Guest Relations & Ticketing Coordinator @ Disneyland Paris
    English is not my mother tongue, I hope you would forgive me for my spelling mistakes.

We've had them for going 4 years and mine is blank when I log in. It used to stay on 26 prepetually and now..nothing. Who knows??
    -Marcus

Quote Originally Posted by BroadSword View Post
    We've had them for going 4 years and mine is blank when I log in. It used to stay on 26 prepetually and now..nothing. Who knows??
    did you update your annual pass number each year? when you get a new card the scan number changes and you need to update your profile.