Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Rogue "Disneyland Express" vans at LAX!

Quick question: Besides the thrill of using the "official" bus of Disneyland whatever that means, is there any reason NOT to use other LAX to Disney services? Are they more expensive? Unsafe? Or just another business offering the same service?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    The biggest problem would be people who had pre-paid for an airport transfer through Disney when they bought their Disneyland package, then when they land and someone says they are Disneyland Express and take them to the park, they ask for payment and the customers are stuck because they realize that they took the wrong shuttle but it's too late now. That's what the drivers are doing and that's why it is a problem.
    OK I can see this being a problem. But assuming one hasn't pre paid for their airport transfer, what difference does it make which shuttle they get on? Cost? Safety? Time?

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    What someone told me, and I have no way of verifying this, was that LAX banned any bus/shuttle advertisements, so DLE had to stop using the buses with graphics. It would make sense because they DO still use the buses covered in Disney characters for the SNA airport runs. I've seen them pulling up at the Disneyland Hotel. So LAX's own rules seem to have made the situation worse.
    Interesting.
    The policy can keep away trucks that are pulling advertisements around the loop.
    but, something, anything would be better than plain white. Pink and Blue colors of the Sleeping Beauty Castle would be a start.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• The High 5 & Waving Goth

Wow. I'd say if you can jot the info down, take it up with the BBB. That is, if these cons even have a real business license.

-_- Just disgusted with what humans will do just to earn a buck or two.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Quick question: Besides the thrill of using the "official" bus of Disneyland whatever that means, is there any reason NOT to use other LAX to Disney services? Are they more expensive? Unsafe? Or just another business offering the same service?
    For me:

1. The Disney endorsed service is run by a reputable, known company. The other vans are not, so there is no way to know anything about them.
    2. The "Mickey's Space Shuttle" vans honestly looked like death traps to me. Run down, dirty, and packed too tightly with people.
    3. The people who run the fake "Disneyland Express" vans are misrepresenting themselves: people don't know it's a competing service and they're hoodwinked into thinking it's the service they paid for/know about.
    4. The fakes' van drivers are also aggressively hustling and accosting people which just isn't cool.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

In addition, could potentially be a timeshare marketing scam (essentially) or other nonsense tied into it, since some of the more aggressive (in terms of marketing) hotels put pitchmen for that out along Harbor on the walk to the park crosswalk. Had that happen in Mazatlan, where in order to get a taxi or bus or whatnot, the driver would insist on making a timeshare appointment for you and getting hotel info/contact numbers before boarding the vehicle - I'd hope things not that bad at the Anaheim area airports, but you never know....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123