Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
    • Minion

Angry Rogue "Disneyland Express" vans at LAX!

The last few times I've taken the Disneyland Express bus at LAX I've noticed something shady.

There are minivans that say "Disneyland Express Shuttle" and "Mickey's Space Shuttle" which aggressively court the people waiting for the real DE. While we were waiting, on one instance, the driver came up and asked if I had a voucher, as though he were the real DE. On another instance, the van raced in front of the real DE bus to try to beat him to the terminals - and then the driver was actually going down the line and trying to pull people away to get into his van.

From what I've seen these minivans are run-down, the people are packed in like sardines, and Heaven only knows how much they charge. The question is: why are they being allowed to mislead people into thinking they are the real, Disneyland-endorsed Disneyland Express?!
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Re: Rogue "Disneyland Express" vans at LAX!

And who pays again?!

• Tony Baxter Fan Club

I have been hearing a lot about this lately, as i have been researching for a upcoming visit to DL. I have been looking into using DLE, and it is good to be aware of what seems to be a group of scam artists working LAX.

I hope this is addressed soon. I am sure a lot of people are fooled and make the mistake of being taken for a real *ride*....

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Figments Friend View Post
    I have been hearing a lot about this lately, as i have been researching for a upcoming visit to DL. I have been looking into using DLE, and it is good to be aware of what seems to be a group of scam artists working LAX.

I hope this is addressed soon. I am sure a lot of people are fooled and make the mistake of being taken for a real *ride*....
    Do we know that they are charging more than the actual Disney shuttles?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Rock Star Minion

I wonder what the Disney lawyers are busy doing?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Certified in everything

It's one thing if they're just offering an alternative to the DLE, its another if they are actively misrepresenting their services as those of the DLE.

Quote Originally Posted by Figments Friend View Post
    At the end of the day this is a real ride to the resort, and if consumers aren't actively being deceived I don't see the issue with a little competition.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    ...if consumers aren't actively being deceived I don't see the issue with a little competition.
    "Active deception" is the sole criteria for concern? Rundown, shoddy vans, possibly of questionable mechanical safety, overcrowded with passengers and driven by aggressive operators with questionable ethical standards, isn't an issue?

Really?
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    The last few times I've taken the Disneyland Express bus at LAX I've noticed something shady.

There are minivans that say "Disneyland Express Shuttle" and "Mickey's Space Shuttle" which aggressively court the people waiting for the real DE. While we were waiting, on one instance, the driver came up and asked if I had a voucher, as though he were the real DE. On another instance, the van raced in front of the real DE bus to try to beat him to the terminals - and then the driver was actually going down the line and trying to pull people away to get into his van.

From what I've seen these minivans are run-down, the people are packed in like sardines, and Heaven only knows how much they charge. The question is: why are they being allowed to mislead people into thinking they are the real, Disneyland-endorsed Disneyland Express?!
    Last time I took the "fun bus" to Disneyland was probably over two decades ago, back when the bus stop was just this dinky little place near the Disneyland Hotel and Bear Country still existed. Doesn't the Super Shuttles have "Disneyland Express" for the ones going direct? Seriously, isn't it better, and not that much more expensive, to just take the Super Shuttle or hire a private van driver ahead of time (we often hire this guy who has a van)? I've found the vans to be much less claustrophobic, and about the same level of cleanliness as a bus, and you get your own seatbelt. I'll never take the fun bus again.

• Artistic integrity

I wish I said this earlier .. when a poster was asking questions about the DL Express out of LAX.

I use it frequently .. and have been for a few years now.

Things have changed.

They always use the large coach type busses. They had large "Disney Resort" graphics with the Disney characters before. They do not anymore. They are just plain white .. all the way around. The only thing to tell people they are a "Disney Resort Bus" is the front signage itself.

I will look for the pdf file later today .. and post it in this topic as an "edited post".

And people should bookmark it ... and call them prior to using them .. and sort out any confusions about how to differentiate from them .... to the other phonies.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    It's one thing if they're just offering an alternative to the DLE, its another if they are actively misrepresenting their services as those of the DLE.

At the end of the day this is a real ride to the resort, and if consumers aren't actively being deceived I don't see the issue with a little competition.
    That's my beef with it, really. Competing services don't bother me (and dare I say, might convince DLE to lower prices a little). When consumers are deceived that is what bothers me. I've seen these drivers pull up with their signage that says "Disneyland Express," have seen people say "you're the Disneyland Express?" and heard them reply "yep. Hop in." They're not presenting themselves as a competing service.

• Banned User

I've seen these drivers pull up with their signage that says "Disneyland Express," have seen people say "you're the Disneyland Express?" and heard them reply "yep. Hop in." They're not presenting themselves as a competing service.
    1. Disney doesn't own any of these buses/minivans/vans.
    2. Super Shuttle has been using "Disneyland Express" to mean straight to DL, same with other services, that is where the "Express" comes in, it means by-passing Knotts and other destination points. Super Shuttle and other vans have been doing this for years and years.

I looked up the rates.
    $13 Child/$17 Adult for the fun bus.
    Super Shuttle is about $16-$18 per person, (off the top of my head).
    Renting a private van, isn't that much more per person since we often have a large group.

Going to the resort in a private van/car and bypassing the fun bus insanity: priceless.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    1. Disney doesn't own any of these buses/minivans/vans.
    2. Super Shuttle has been using "Disneyland Express" to mean straight to DL, same with other services, that is where the "Express" comes in, it means by-passing Knotts and other destination points. Super Shuttle and other vans have been doing this for years and years.

I looked up the rates.
    $13 Child/$17 Adult for the fun bus.
    Super Shuttle is about $16-$18 per person.
    Renting a private van, isn't that much more per person since we often have a large group.

Going to the resort in a private van/car and bypassing the fun bus insanity: priceless.
    1. No, but Disneyland does endorse the Disneyland Express bus run by Gray Lines, and a lot of people buy transfers on the DLE as part of their vacation package.

2. This isn't Super Shuttle. And Super Shuttle doesn't drive up to the Long Distance bus terminals and compete with the buses; it stops at its own area. In my experience Super Shuttle bites - I've had experiences where they've actually failed to show up so I don't use them under any circumstances.

3. These run down vans aren't presenting themselves as Super Shuttle; they're deceiving people into thinking they are the DLR - endorsed Disneyland Express.

4. I've witnessed these van drivers aggressively trying to shake down people waiting for the bus. No legit company at the airport does that (and since I go through the airport several times a week I can attest to that).

5. Disneyland Express is actually $22 one way/$32 RT for adults.

6. Not everyone drives. And this thread really isn't about debating various transportation options. It's about trying to keep people from being scammed.
    Last edited by Malina; 05-15-2013 at 07:08 PM.

• Banned User

1. No, but Disneyland does endorse the Disneyland Express bus run by Gray Lines, and a lot of people buy transfers on the DLE as part of their vacation package.

2. This isn't Super Shuttle. And Super Shuttle doesn't drive up to the Long Distance bus terminals and compete with the buses; it stops at its own area.

3. These run down vans aren't presenting themselves as Super Shuttle; they're deceiving people into thinking they are the DLR - endorsed Disneyland Express.

4. I don't know what the "fun bus" is but the Disneyland Express is actually $22 one way/$32 RT for adults.

5. Not everyone drives.

Super Shuttle does have its own area, I don't do the fun bus anymore (can't stop calling it that as that is what I've called it for over 30 years), but found the rates here:

Disneyland Resort Express Los Angeles Airport (LAX) - Anaheim Resort Area Transportation(Bus) from All Anaheim Tours

As I remember from decades ago before they built a more direct route to Disneyland, you get the best price by reserving ahead of time.

You do know that for maybe $65 you can get somebody to drive you from LAX to Anaheim in a private town car/van? (Worth it or price equivalent when you have 5-6 or more in a group, what we do now as we use the same van guy each trip).

For our first half-dozen or so trips to Disneyland our toddler needed a car seat, Super Shuttle has no toddler seats, so we rented a limo (which we called places and they said the limo had one), and it was something like $75 for six of us! We stopped at a grocery store to pick-up some Soy Milk for her (for some reason she loves it), and I was getting into the limo and people we're gawking. I should have told them that Cher needed her Soy milk!
    Last edited by chesirecat; 05-15-2013 at 07:27 PM.

•   
    • Minion

This isn't a thread about different transportation options. It's an attempt to try to stop people from being scammed by run-down vans that are aggressively trying to shake them down as they wait for the bus.

The price you get from the DLE drivers matches that if it's $32 RT. They don't bring that down regardless of when you reserve.

I know how transportation from the airport works, thanks, and I've made the best choice for myself.

•   
    • Minion

competing services are fine and all but if people are being deceived into using something that isn't what they want that's something else. If you are getting into a vehicle that isn't even a legit business who knows what could happen to you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast