Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Re: HELP with food budget

Ah probably not! Sorry I missed the vegetarian in your midst! That will make it a bit ore challenging, but still doable. I saw you found the great all ears site. Great information there and usually fairly current.

Good info about some vegetarian choices in the parks here:
    How to Eat Vegetarian at Disneyland and California Adventure: LAist.

Also this site has some great Vegan options as well which can help with your planning:

Vegan Disneyland: My Comprehensive Guide | The Very New Vegan.

This may overlap and might be a little dated, but could provide some good ideas:

Tips from the Disney Diva: Vegetarian and Vegan Meals at Disneyland

Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

Best thing to do is go down harbor blvd to target and buy some snacks for a $1.00 or go to McDonalds. You can always bring in outside food to te parks. Hope that helps

• The doctor is in

I would strongly suggest bringing your own snacks. I bought two boxes of Clif crunchy granola bars and brought those into the park with me. They were amazing to snack on during the day. You can also use refillable water bottles to save money on drinks throughout the day.

Other than that I would stick with curbside food options rather than sit down restaurants. Things like corn dogs and pretzels won't set you back a whole lot and with corn dogs you will get chips or apples included.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Thanks for all the great ideas! Keep 'em comin'!

OR you can eat outside of the resort. There's iHOP across the street, as well as McDonald's and other economical food services.

My SO made a face when I suggested we get McDonald's sundae's instead of Gibson Girl. LOL

Just a tip to say if you venture out to IHOP (across from the main gate) you can get a free kids meal for every adult entrée so if you have 2 adults and 2 kids it works out great. After 4:30 PM each day I believe.

Another idea would be that if you are taking food into the park it might be fun to include something that you don't typically eat. Like, say, if you only ever purchased oreo cookies for your Disneyland snack bag. It can just make the store bought snacks special so the kids won't feel bad about not getting the $4 ice cream at DL.

Thanks Tamiele. We don't have kids with us. But, you can also get a 10% off at IHOP coupon on anaheimoc.org !

• The doctor is in

I ate at the IHOP last week and it's pretty reasonably priced. It never looked busy the whole week I walked by it either. There is also a Denny's if you walk a little farther down the street.

I also had breakfast and the McDonalds most of the week. It is what it is when it comes to McDonals. At least their food is always fresh because it is always busy. Allow yourself at least an extra 10min if you go in there just because the lines are always pretty substantial.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    outside food is allowed.
    No it's not. It's states clearly on their webpage that food is not allowed in the parks. A picnic area outside the parks is provided for that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    No it's not. It's states clearly on their webpage that food is not allowed in the parks. A picnic area outside the parks is provided for that purpose.
    However, CM's allow a modest amount of snacks and beverages in the park at the bag check.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    However, CM's allow a modest amount of snacks and beverages in the park at the bag check.
    ^True^. My BFF & I each brought in granola bars, frozen water bottles, some candy & a sandwich in our backpacks with no problems. For me it's partly because I have dietary restrictions (Disney is great, but I like to be sure I'll have something 'safe' eat) but mostly to save money. I think they realize that you'll probably still buy a meal or more snacks in the park. I don't think they'd look too kindly to bringing in a bucket of KFC or a big McD bag o' burgers, but they are OK with snacks or a sandwich.

We drive down and bring a small suitcase (carryon size) with breakfast items & paper goods and an ice chest with milk & sandwich stuff for our hotel room. We eat one meal a day in the parks, either lunch or dinner, plus maybe a snack if we get peckish. Breakfast in the room and a sandwich for whatever meal we don't buy in the park. I know you're flying, but you might be surprised what you can cram in with your clothes in a suitcase. I was able to get 5 days worth of snacks, peanut butter, and a loaf of gluten free bread & crackers in my suitcase once when we went on a tour of Yellowstone & had limited baggage. LOL
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

On our last trip to DL, I had a bag of "party mix" (homemade) in my bag. The CM didn't say anything about it at all. When we were standing in line at DCA for Toy Story with our daughter and son-in-law, I brought the bag out. It made my daughter's day, as she was starting to get hungry and we weren't going to eat out at lunch so that we could enjoy dinner a little more that night.

Donna
    1967, 1973, 1977 - DLR (RV parks)
    1980-1984 - DLR (multiple single days or at now-defunct motels)
    1994 - DLR (off-site hotel)
    2007 - DLR (single day)
    2008, 2009 - DLR (BW Stovall's)
    2012 - WDW (PopC)
    2013 - DLR (Candy Cane Inn)

• The doctor is in

I had people in front of me bringing in giant lunchboxes full of food last week and the CM's gave no hassle whatsoever. One family of five had sandwiches, chips, granola bars, and water bottles packed in a big cooler lunchbox and the CM's let them right through.

So yes, they allow outside food into the parks.

I wouldn't recommend the IHOP if you're on a budget. It's single most expensive IHOP in the entire country (and no, I'm not kidding).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast