Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: HELP with food budget

We are at that IHOP last trip & I don't think I'll likely return. It WAS pricier!

There's a coupon for McDonald & subway at anaheim of too. Sub doesn't seem much savings. They force u to buy a soda as part of the deal. .

Quote Originally Posted by disneyrand1 View Post
    I wouldn't recommend the IHOP if you're on a budget. It's single most expensive IHOP in the entire country (and no, I'm not kidding).
    We noticed this on our last trip. My BF wasn't hungry so just ordered mozzarella sticks. $12 for four sticks, or $3 per stick. And they were small and cold in the middle. Not worth it at all. A Churro in the park costs that much and is bigger and tastes better!

• The doctor is in

I had a bacon cheeseburger with onion rings for what I remember being around $11. Pretty standard, imo. Most meals like that vary anywhere between $9-12.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• A Happy Haunt

Buy the white chocolate chip cookie. $4. Worth $5

• A Happy Haunt

Earl of Sandwich averages about $10 for a combo.

if you are light eaters, get a Fried Chicken plate all White (2 large breasts) and MAYBE... A salad.

The corn dogs are GREAT but @$6 a dog, you will want 2 and a dole whip.

• Selfie Expert

Actually the corn dogs are pretty dang substantial in my opinion. They're not your average-sized corn dogs! And are oh so tasty!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Actually the corn dogs are pretty dang substantial in my opinion. They're not your average-sized corn dogs! And are oh so tasty!
    I agree. The fact that you get chips or apples with it makes it a little more filling. I always just drank water from my water bottle instead of buying a drink. Saves another $3 or $4.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

The Earl Of Sandwich has a Sandwich club, If you join online they will email you a coupon for a free Brownie (also a free sanwich on your birthday). if you have a car there is an Albertsons grocery store on Harbor blvd beyond the Target, we usually stop there for snack food.
    " Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed"
    J.K Chesterson

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    Hi! We scheduled a spur of the moment trip to DLR. Therefore, we have $37.50 per day in the parks we can spend on lunch, dinner & snacks for 2 adults.
    I'm a light eater and I don't know how you could only spend $18.75 per person per day in the parks. When my kids and I plan we allot an absolute minimum of $30 per person per day. If we are feeling flush and want to eat at the more pricey spots - $50 for the day. The $30 figure leaves some headroom, and often we don't spend it all - which means it goes on something else we enjoy. Your figure seems a bit beyond frugal, meaning you'd need to skip lunch and take in snacks bought in bulk at Costco to not be hungry. I'm just sayin'...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Another money saving tip I've found is getting ice water from the airport Starbucks. They've happily given it to me free in both airports we've been in today.

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by DebG View Post
    The Earl Of Sandwich has a Sandwich club, If you join online they will email you a coupon for a free Brownie (also a free sanwich on your birthday). if you have a car there is an Albertsons grocery store on Harbor blvd beyond the Target, we usually stop there for snack food.
    just FYI, that albertson's closed ages ago. I haven't been in that target in a while but most now have some groceries. I do know that the Walmart just up the 5 an exit at Euclid has a full grocery store in it.

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    just FYI, that albertson's closed ages ago. I haven't been in that target in a while but most now have some groceries. I do know that the Walmart just up the 5 an exit at Euclid has a full grocery store in it.
    OH NO not the Albertsons!! Actually the WalMart is great too.Has anyone mentioned MouseSavers.com yet. They list the discounts for APers, D23 AAA and DisneyVisa card holders
    " Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed"
    J.K Chesterson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123