View Poll Results: Did you renew the annual pass you bought before the price increase?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • I renewed -- the price increase was not an issue.

25 26.60%
  • I renewed -- though the price increase made me consider not renewing.

18 19.15%
  • I renewed at a lower pass level.

6 6.38%
  • I did not renew -- due to the price increase.

35 37.23%
  • I did not renew -- for other reasons.

10 10.64%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Future Imagineer!!

Re: AP price increase one year later ... Did you renew?

I voted that I did, and that the price increase was not an issue - but that was mostly because after hearing the announcement my fiance and I went and grabbed vouchers at Safeway at the old price when they were still available in the beginning of June - and then renewed in September....this year will be trickier to decide though.

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    We bought before the price increase but didn't use them until September, so we still have a few months left. We will not be renewing - and yes it is because of the price increase. In fact we don't plan on going back for several years because of the ticket prices.
    Us too. We found out about the price increase on Friday, and we were able to buy our passes on a military base the next day (with Sunday being the day of the new prices).

Our passes are still good for a few more months. But, once they're up, we're taking a break. We need the break for the family's sake, and we want to start going to other amusement parks around here, too.

• the rockawho?

pass expired in february and didnt renew until a week or so ago.....i knew i wouldnt had been able to go to disneyland for the months of march and april, so i figure it would be pointless to pay and waste two months....

im not liking the new price increase especially since it has been extremely packed at disneyland, but i find myself spending more to take advantage of the 20% off merchandise and 15% of food....might as well put it to good use

• #bringevilback

My pass expires at the end of the month and I still go back and forth on whether to renew...I say I'm not or that I'm going to take a few months off, but I probably will end up renewing now. I go enough to justify it and money isn't an issue, just deciding to spend it in that way makes me think twice

• DL Photo Fanatic

I let mine expire Dec 8, but signed up again when i came back down on Feb 22, as I will be back in July and October. It just works out better for me to buy a pass, but I can only afford it on a monthly billing.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

I didn't renew my Premium Pass due to the price increase and other reasons. It expired last December. I miss the freedom to go whenever I want though

Also, looking at the results so far, I'm kind of surprised that a lot of people chose to renew and the price increase wasn't a factor to them. I would've thought people would've renewed to a lower AP or not renew at all. I guess Disney achieved what it wanted to do so far. But it's currently a small sample size though. I'm interested in seeing the results maybe a week from now!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I did not renew. The last time I went to DL was in October and to my surprise I have not missed it one bit. I'm not sure I like the direction DL is headed so I don't know if I'll renew again. But I am excited about the 60th anniversary and IF they do something big I may reconsider.

To be completely honest I am way more excited about the reopening of the Log Ride at Knotts this summer than anything Disney is offering. So I think I made the right decision in letting my pass expire. Why spend so much money if you're not satisfied with the product?

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

My pass expired in October of last year and I did not renew. Just can't afford it on my personal budget right now. Maybe in the future if I ever hit the lottery I'll have a pass again.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• former CM

After a 2-year break from Disneyland, I purchased Deluxe APs before the spring 2012 price jumps and then didn't start using them till the end of July. After they expire in about 10 weeks
    we'll take another 2-to-3 year break from Disneyland,

though this break will include a Disney cruise, a trip to WDW, and possibly one Disneyland Halloween party. (And maybe Knott's & Universal AP's, trips to Yosemite, many beaches, NYC, Washington, D.C., ski trips, a dozen+ museum visits, attractions all over S. California and the Bay Area, etc. Disneyland has competition.)

• Non-Minion

thought about it. Let it expire in Jan. and havent been back since, I miss it but there are other things in life that my money needs to go to these days. I have another baby on the way (due in August) so we have been happily busy preparing for that instead.
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• Circle of Ancients

We did not renew. Was it just because of the cost of the pass? Yes and No.

Yes because for us, the perceived "value" of the pass is no longer there due to the amount of times we visit. We went to the resort probably 4 times in the last year with 2 of them being multi-day visits. For us, that's just not worth what would be $200 per month for our family of 4. Plus, our kids only used their passes once so theirs was definitely not worth it.

No because we still could have afforded the passes had the value still been there and we were still visiting on a monthly basis.

Instead we are taking that $200 a month and putting it in a savings account for our FL trip next year to see the new Harry Potter (and I guess WDW and Sea World too).

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    After a 2-year break from Disneyland, I purchased Deluxe APs before the spring 2012 price jumps and then didn't start using them till the end of July. After they expire in about 10 weeks
    we'll take another 2-to-3 year break from Disneyland,

though this break will include a Disney cruise, a trip to WDW, and possibly one Disneyland Halloween party. (And maybe Knott's & Universal AP's, trips to Yosemite, many beaches, NYC, Washington, D.C., ski trips, a dozen+ museum visits, attractions all over S. California and the Bay Area, etc. Disneyland has competition.)
    We also had just had a 2 year break before purchasing these APs and plan on taking a 2-3 year break after and then probably just go with a 3 day parkhopper when we do return. During our break from Disney we will visit my sister who just moved to Hawaii with her family, visit some national parks we've always wanted to see, beaches, and some non-Disney California attractions. We don't have any plans for WDW or cruises, though. We're sort of boycotting the Mouse for awhile - though not in earnest.

• Circle of Ancients

We've already decided that if they do the Holiday Parties we'll just go to one of those. The holiday stuff is really the only thing we'd miss if I'm being 100% honest.

• Familymemories

We did not renew last October 2012. Did not have the money. We do however now have the money and Disney Visa Points to pay for two passes in June. Hoping to visit DL after Thanksgiving and purchase two more Deluxe passes for our children. We always use our Disney Visa Points. Otherwise we could not afford them at all.
    Vintage Jewelry Converted Into Wearable Pieces Visit My Etsy Shop3 Kid Crop Shop

Didn't renew... in Norcal (Had Deluxe passes x 4), so I only got a few trips (at best) in, so the price increase was a bit hard to take... I can wait for a ticket deal off-season.
    Will I be going to the park less, yes... (probably go back to once a year for 3-4 days rather than 3 times like I did with the AP) will I be spending less, yes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast