View Poll Results: Did you renew the annual pass you bought before the price increase?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • I renewed -- the price increase was not an issue.

25 26.60%
  • I renewed -- though the price increase made me consider not renewing.

18 19.15%
  • I renewed at a lower pass level.

6 6.38%
  • I did not renew -- due to the price increase.

35 37.23%
  • I did not renew -- for other reasons.

10 10.64%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• I'm from Canada eh!

Re: AP price increase one year later ... Did you renew?

Did not renew, but price was not the only issue. We live in Canada so we had to factor things like Airfare, hotel and other travel costs, plus the kids are getting older so making 4-5 trips a year was becoming a problem with school and activites.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

I renewed..although someone is telling me that prices are going up according to the new AP newsletter( the one with the classic dumbo poster)..is that true?

• *Experiment 999*

I was considering not renewing, but I go there at minimum twice a month. Since I only live about an hour away, i tend to go up after work sometimes as well. I figured i might as well keep it also, since I'm going to Orlando in October, i can just upgrade my pass so i can get in there as well. It's pricey, but there are worse things i can spend my money on.

• Capt without a ship...

I renewed and actually upgraded to a higher one. The first year we had our deluxe passes, I got laid off and was able to spend my first summer off with my daughter and wife being able to 1-2 a week. It was the best time off from work I could ever have had.

Now that I am working again, the block out dates tend to be an issue since I cant easily go during the week as much. So to avoid paying for a blockout ticket, we upgraded. Its the one place we all go that we have a ton of fun as a family and just lose ourselves.

Plus, having a pass allows you to take the park at your leisure, as opposed to paying for 1 day and trying to fit everything in. I just wish it wasnt so expensive.

I didn't renew when mine expired in February. I'm not a local so when I have a pass I only get to go on 3 trips with it, maybe 4 if I'm lucky. If I do get a pass, it doesn't make sense to renew right when it expires because I still have no idea when I'll be there next.

I haven't decided if the next time I go that I will get an AP or not. All I know is that if I plan on going on more than 1 DL vacation a year, the pass is worth it, price increase or not. So it all depends on what else I can or plan to do with any vacation time.
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walt Disney

• Singing Drinker

I'd been a longterm AP - easily have had a Disney AP of at least mid-value, usually Premium, for at least 2/3 of my life.

Didn't renew. My pass expired a month before Carsland opened, and I'll be honest... it hurt, but it wasn't worth the extra money and the promise of the next season's renewal being another astronomical increase higher.

Went to Universal, got a "pay a day, get a year" pass and have been loving Transformers and the rest ever since. With the recent approval of the "vision plan" and the coming park enhancements, it's not even a competition any more. I'm sticking with Universal for the foreseeable future. It's just more affordable and just as much fun for me as a local.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

We will expire in August. We aren't renewing at this point for a couple reasons, but the main reason is that every time we go it's too crowded for us. It's not worth the time, hotel and food expense, etc, to take the gamble, drive six hours down, and most trips be miserable due to crowds.

In addition, I have one kid graduating this year, and one graduating next year, so I'm not sure how often they will be able to make the trip with us.

That said, I'm sure at some point that my youngest and I will have passes again. It will just be a while.

I haven't renewed. Crowds, expensive, and it feels like Disney's trying to grab every bit of cash it can from me without giving anything back. Everything's an up-charge. Too heavy a focus on characters.

And too many people filming the shows with i-pads held up, blocking the view of anyone unfortunate enough to be behind them.

I really want to go back for a day to take in the street shows that I love so much, and take another thousand pictures. But that probably won't happen until the fall "quieter" season.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Minion

It's almost evenly split between yea and nay. What might actually be the most surprising is that so many non-renewers have stayed on this board (me included).

I still like to hear what they're doing in the park. I intend to go back, I just didn't renew the AP and may not for a while. Lots of things mean that I enjoy my day less than I used to, so I'm not giving them many days until that calculation comes back up.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Our Passes expired in February(Just After the MiceChat Anniversary Event).We did not renew. It used to be a bargain, but for the amount of time we spend in the parks it just doesn't make sense anymore.
    "A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." Eeyore

I didn't renew this April due to price after 20 some years. Since I have weekends and summers off, that is when I tend to go so getting less than a Deluxe doesn't make any sense. Maybe in a year or 2 I'll renew since I know I won't be able to stay away. But not this year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123