View Poll Results: Which park to replace DCA?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Animal Kingdom

1 1.20%
  • Epcot

8 9.64%
  • DisneySea

36 43.37%
  • MGM Studios

5 6.02%
  • Disney Studios Paris

0 0%
  • Keep DCA!

33 39.76%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• șoș Tom șoș

Re: Replace DCA with...

Clarification question: Is the current DisneySea in Toyko 20 or 30 miles inland from the coast? Are the temperatures similar to Anaheim? I am not sure if a aquatic theme park would do as well so far from the water. I think that is the key to Sea World's success, and isn't the relative proximity to Sea World a problem?

I love these threads that give the negative nillies another chance to complain and hypothozise and spend time on ideas with no real solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    I love these threads that give the negative nillies another chance to complain and hypothozise and spend time on ideas with no real solutions.
    Maybe if there had been more negative nellies in the Disney Company to begin with, the bonehead idea that is DCA wouldn't have been approved in the first place.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by DisW
    Maybe if there had been more negative nellies in the Disney Company to begin with, the bonehead idea that is DCA wouldn't have been approved in the first place.
    No pretty sure Eisner and his cronies constitute negative people, pessmistic actually would be a good description. See pragmatic or optimisitic people would have found a middle ground between DCA and Westcot.

Besides which my jab is to point out the futility of complaining about DCA when we all know in reality it ain't going now where, its about as pointless as complaining about POTC refurb- its gonna happen so complaining ain't gonna do nothing.

• Old Timer

Turn DCA into a Japanimation themed park.
    Kikis Delivery service would fit in nicely, how about a Ghost in the Shell ride?
    Instead of Mickey Mouse we use Pikachu instead.
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

• Disney Prince

the complete versions of TDS, Westcot or DAK would work really well. DisneySea as a good parallel to Disneyland; or The Tree Of Life as a good contrast to Sleeping Beauty Castle.

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    No pretty sure Eisner and his cronies constitute negative people, pessmistic actually would be a good description.
    If they were negative in a good way, they'd have said DCA is horrible idea. Get rid of it NOW & come up with something better!!!!

If they were pessimistic in a good way, they'd have said we bet DCA, even 5 years after its grand opening, will still be a joke & needing 2-for-1 ticket deals!!!

• That's Hawt

Ok, these types of threads absolutely kill me.

You wanted something unique and you got it. DCA is different from most other parks, you don't like it? Tough. It is there as an experience. The park can only get better. Be realistic and deal with it people! It isn't going anywhere, and I would be willing to bet that in 50 years it too will be an amazing park.

Stop complaining and be happy that a second park even exists for your enjoyment.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    Ok, these types of threads absolutely kill me.

You wanted something unique and you got it. DCA is different from most other parks, you don't like it? Tough. It is there as an experience. The park can only get better. Be realistic and deal with it people! It isn't going anywhere, and I would be willing to bet that in 50 years it too will be an amazing park.

Stop complaining and be happy that a second park even exists for your enjoyment.
    True. It really couldn't get any worse besides not having it

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by DisW
    If they were negative in a good way, they'd have said DCA is horrible idea. Get rid of it NOW & come up with something better!!!!

If they were pessimistic in a good way, they'd have said we bet DCA, even 5 years after its grand opening, will still be a joke & needing 2-for-1 ticket deals!!!
    Negative in a good way? Oxymoron of the day! I love how easy it is to break DCA down but besides Westcot nobody every really lays out a logical argument for what would have been a better park- they get stuck.

First the land where DCA exists is not big enough to fit Epcot, so would you have a scaled back Epcot and then watch the compliants flood in. Instead of griping about how poor DCA is people on here would be chattering away about how its not the same or its such a cloned attraction.

So what else would you put there MGM studios 2.0? With the proximity to Universal Studios with more thrill rides this is a shrill piece of luck. People would find a reason to complain about the clone factor here too.

So what else Disneysea? I am no marine biologist but most of the succesfful aquatic theme parks I've been to are closer to the beach. I dunno this is maybe the only viable option of the list of other parks available rather than DCA- that might possibly have a shread of hope for working in the existing parcel of land where DCA exists...but again with all the anti-cloning people running around here, I am pretty sure they would gripe about that too.

So you're left with a "damned if you do and damned if you don't" situation. Not defending Eisner and Pressler and their croonies, just trying to poke preemptive holes in the arguments I hear on here all the time that amuse the beggeez out of me because there so cylical and superflous that it gets old.

I gotta get out of these threads about whats wrong about DCA or whats wrong with WDI or whats wrong with the work they are doing at Disneyland. I better stick to the threads where we armchair imagineer a new E-ticket ride behind Big Thunder Mtn Railroad or a 3rd gate, at least those are looking at things we can actually marvel and debate that make a lick of sense.

• Just this guy......

The Poll is fun, but I don't seem them taking apart the whole DCA. If they were to change it they would make it into the "Disney Studio's West" and just change the paint and signs.

There's nothing wrong with the California community-center/museum-of-living-facts idea. It just hasn't been executed very well.

The new park should be to California what the Disneyland Railroad is to Disneyland, and that is an introductory overview that, then, leads to experiences in the actual California or a conclusory overview that ties all of those experiences together.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12