View Poll Results: What DLR phase would you like to be done first?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • DCA's phase 2 , keep the momentum going!

9 10.47%
  • Tomorrow land makeover , badly needs it since 1998!

61 70.93%
  • Frontierland expansion , so much room to add an e ticket there or 2

11 12.79%
  • A new Land , such as at Star Wars theme Land or Marvel!

4 4.65%
  • None of the above ! I don't want to see ticket prices increase

1 1.16%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: DCA's phase 2 vs Tomorrow Land makeover vs Frontierland vs New land!

Lately it's more about "the future that always sucked" isn't it?

i think a frontierland expansion should come first. construction would be mostly unobtrusive, except for maybe on the railroad.

tomorrowland desperately needs it, but i think if frontierland was done first it could ease some of the crowds during a refurb. along with the tomorrowland refurb, i'd also put a new land where autopia & the subs are, preferably a discovery bay type of land. (certainly not star wars or marvel).

• Disneyland History Lover

Tomorrowland is the only land that, in my opinion, NEEDS work. The others seem quite finalized. I'd love to see an expansion in Frontierland at some point, but it's not something I see as necessary. At least not right now while a land on the opposite side of the park has no identity and is a shadow of its former self.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Victoria View Post
    Tomorrowland is the only land that, in my opinion, NEEDS work. The others seem quite finalized. I'd love to see an expansion in Frontierland at some point, but it's not something I see as necessary. At least not right now while a land on the opposite side of the park has no identity and is a shadow of its former self.
    +1

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Tomorrowland is a shadow of itself because of the shortsighted decision to drop what made it such a success and traded with marketing the latest Pixar cartoon. Until they remove FNSV and BLAB this land will never feel futuristic again. They also need to tackle Autopia, Innoventions, and Captain EO. Lastly, Space Mountain is in dire need of a total refurbishment and enhancement, it simply isn't well maintained or updated at all.

Tron light-cycles would be a great addition to the Peoplemover track if they were to get rid of Autopia and insert a show building in its place.

• Dead men tell no tales.

Polish up DCA and Tomorrowland BEFORE expanding.

•   
    • Minion

I say tomorrowland is in need of a makeover. It's the worst land in the park. I like some of the attractions but the land is just so stale. They can expand FL later and deal with DCA phase 2 after a couple of years of CL and BVS success.

Completely agree with all of this. EVERYONE that cares about Disneyland agrees that Tomorrowland is just flat out weak. A definitive, stylized, quality Tomorrowland needs to happen ASAP. After that, I'd say spruce up Hollywood Land in DCA and expand Frontierland (can they not be done simultaneously?). Then FOR SURE... the third park, with tons of Star wars, Marvel, etc. I like the idea that perhaps was a rumor, but stated that the Third park would be a Heroes and Adventure theme.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Tomorrowland and Hollywood Land are sad. You walk in there and you feel it. It just isn't "Disney" and the theme falls apart. I'd say fixing that is more important than adding capacity with new attractions or lands.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Looks like the support for a new Tomorrowland trounces all the other options in the poll.

• Banned User

I think I have to differentiate between what I would like to see, and what is the best for the future and for the growth of DLR. I would love an incredible new TL, but I think DCA's gains must be solidified. Carsland has been a massive hit, but DCA is still lacking, in a huge way, in numbers of attractions and family e-ticket type rides when compared to DL. the park has had a dramatic turnaround, but I believe those gains have to be solidified with further enhancements and attractions to feel comfortable that we wont be right back in the same boat again in 5 years. with DL receiving 70% of the visitors and DCA 30%. If they would have budgeted for 1 more truly Disney attraction for Carsland instead of the 2 carnival secondary attractions and if they would have replaced MM with a realy great dark ride instead of retheming that horrible attraction, then I realy think DCA would be firmly established for the future. I am afraid it isn't quite there yet, which to me, makes it still priority number 1.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    I think I have to differentiate between what I would like to see, and what is the best for the future and for the growth of DLR. I would love an incredible new TL, but I think DCA's gains must be solidified. Carsland has been a massive hit, but DCA is still lacking, in a huge way, in numbers of attractions and family e-ticket type rides when compared to DL. the park has had a dramatic turnaround, but I believe those gains have to be solidified with further enhancements and attractions to feel comfortable that we wont be right back in the same boat again in 5 years. with DL receiving 70% of the visitors and DCA 30%. If they would have budgeted for 1 more truly Disney attraction for Carsland instead of the 2 carnival secondary attractions and if they would have replaced MM with a realy great dark ride instead of retheming that horrible attraction, then I realy think DCA would be firmly established for the future. I am afraid it isn't quite there yet, which to me, makes it still priority number 1.
    Agreed, for the resort to be a full success DCA phase 2 must be the top priority in The DLR , and as much As I want TL revamped , like it or not DL will still get the numbers , so yeah keep the momentum going fix DCA completely meaning phase 2 and then move on to TL get it done right!

I choose Tomorrowland. It was my favorite land since I was like 1yr old, in the mid 80's. Then TL'98 came. I had mixed feeling, then when RR closed, it became completely crap.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

By the sound of Al's report today, they are more interested in refurbishing Fantasyland's dark rides than anything else.

• Banned User

I think todays numbers, while positive, prove than any big investment has to be mad into DCA. A massive investment in TL or Frontierland would have the parks too unevenly split in terms of attendance. There needs to be one more big, not on phase 1 scale, but big DCA marketing push and opportunity before focusing back on DL. Its a shame, but all of this is due to the shape DCA 1.0 was in upon opening. It shouldn't have been this way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast