View Poll Results: What DLR phase would you like to be done first?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • DCA's phase 2 , keep the momentum going!

9 10.47%
  • Tomorrow land makeover , badly needs it since 1998!

61 70.93%
  • Frontierland expansion , so much room to add an e ticket there or 2

11 12.79%
  • A new Land , such as at Star Wars theme Land or Marvel!

4 4.65%
  • None of the above ! I don't want to see ticket prices increase

1 1.16%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Unhelpful User

Re: DCA's phase 2 vs Tomorrow Land makeover vs Frontierland vs New land!

Looks like DCA will be at the top of TDA poll
    Last edited by DCAfanatic; 06-05-2013 at 08:47 PM.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

I think I'm the only one on this board who doesn't care to see a Frontierland expansion. I like it just the way it is.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    I think todays numbers, while positive, prove than any big investment has to be mad into DCA. A massive investment in TL or Frontierland would have the parks too unevenly split in terms of attendance. There needs to be one more big, not on phase 1 scale, but big DCA marketing push and opportunity before focusing back on DL. Its a shame, but all of this is due to the shape DCA 1.0 was in upon opening. It shouldn't have been this way.
    Ixnay on Onstropolismay, Disnay

• Banned User

Yes Disney, please stop putting in new richly detailed lands that are wildly popular. We warned you that Carsland should be stopped as it doesnt appropriately fit into the California theme, as I, a closet Imagineer who specializes innostalgia, have determined. You didnt listen to us who far better understand what the TERM theme park means than you, and look what you have now. Avery loosely tied into California themed land that is insanely popular. You should be ashamed of yourselves by decieving visitors into believing they enjoy a land that doesnt meet my historically accurate interpretation of the way a Disney park Should expand. SHAME ON YOU DISNEY.

If you continue this pattern by adding another incredibly detailed land with ANOTHER eticket ride into a beloved stucco land section of the resort by pretending this area is a movie studio backlot or Monstropolis movie set in an area completely based on the movie and entertainment industry, the resort will not recover from the masses who will flock to this area by your deception once again. They might think they love it, but they dont understand true imagineering like we do. Dont test us Disney!!! :-)

Just a little dry humor. I honestly do get some of your concerns and they are valid. I just think that Monstropolis would fit in just fine and actually bring something much needed to DCA.
    Do I think it will happen? No. I think most of you will get your wish and instead of having a well themed highly detailed new land in that area of the park, 5 years from now we will still be looking at attractionless stucco buildings and a plywood Monsters Inc. facade. I know which one I would rather have.

• I do believe in fairies!

Tomorrowland definitely.
    I read in another thread that the idea for a Tron cycle ride is being considered as well as a Spiderman ride where Innovations is currently located. I think the Autotopia should stay. After all these years it's still a hit and the lines prove that. I love the Finding Nemo Submarine Adventure. I think what they did with the ride is adorable. It looks practically brand new.

I also read that a Monstropolis is being considered where Hollywood Land currently is and with the new Planes movie coming out what a better place for it than Condor Flats.

Frontierland is what it is. Tomorrowland is worse.
    And I know you didn't ask this but would somebody P-L-E-A-S-E get new Peter Pan flying ships that seat 6 and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride cars that seat 4!!!! Those lines are just insane!
    "While there is very little grown-up in a child, there's still a lot of child in every grown up." ~ Walt Disney

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    I think todays numbers, while positive, prove than any big investment has to be mad into DCA. A massive investment in TL or Frontierland would have the parks too unevenly split in terms of attendance. There needs to be one more big, not on phase 1 scale, but big DCA marketing push and opportunity before focusing back on DL. Its a shame, but all of this is due to the shape DCA 1.0 was in upon opening. It shouldn't have been this way.
    You are so dead on pianodisney, TDA wants both parks to be evenly split , so that means newer projects will be considered in DCA first than DL unfortunately , sure DL will get enhancements on their current rides such as the rides they want enhanced in fantasyland for the Disneyland's 60th but that's about it, TDA always say in order fix another place you must first fix the current one and since DCA is sadly still in that stage even with BVS and CL additions , they invested so much money to stop now and it seems to be working clearly current attendance numbers show that , If TDA can reach a goal of 10 million in DCA and 14 million in DL they'll be happy with those results! It may take some timebut that's what they're hoping for!

unfortunately The tomorrow land project will keep getting pushed back when all of this is happening.
    Last edited by DCAfanatic; 06-06-2013 at 05:26 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123