View Poll Results: What DLR phase would you like to be done first?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • DCA's phase 2 , keep the momentum going!

9 10.47%
  • Tomorrow land makeover , badly needs it since 1998!

61 70.93%
  • Frontierland expansion , so much room to add an e ticket there or 2

11 12.79%
  • A new Land , such as at Star Wars theme Land or Marvel!

4 4.65%
  • None of the above ! I don't want to see ticket prices increase

1 1.16%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

DCA's phase 2 vs Tomorrow Land makeover vs Frontierland vs New land!

What would you like to be done first ?

Oviously We would all like to see all this to happen, but is their a particular order you would like to see it happen from first to last? or can disney do it all at the same time? , I mean with the revenue that's coming into the theme parks , it's only good to keep the momentum going? What do you think? share your thoughts!

• Heavy Breather

Re: DCA's phase 2 vs Tomorrow Land makeover vs Frontierland vs New land!

Tomorrowland-Frontierland-DCA Phase 2-and then a new land.

• Senior Minion

Many of Disney's consumers and fans still seem to believe that the business philosophy and goals of Walt's Disney Company apply to Iger's Disney Corporation. They don't, not even remotely.

Disney Corp doesn't plow increased Parks revenue back into the Parks, nor do they raise ticket prices to pay for new attractions. Park profits go to the stockholders and to fund corporate expansion and acquisitions, as well as to finance the ever-expanding top tiers of executives and their ever-increasing pay packages. Ticket prices increase every year regardless of whether or not there are new rides. The idea that Disney has "momentum" in its Park expansions is a myth; at all times their expenditures are conservatively planned to minimize costs and risks, and maximize profit.

Bottom line, Iger's Disney Corporation bears no relationship to Walt's Disney Company, where executive salaries were ridiculously low by Hollywood standards and where profits were plowed back into the product. Disney Corp is a Wall Street style corporation run by experienced and expert media marketers, Chief Financial Officers and Strategic Planning executives, who play profit hardball for keeps.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Many of Disney's consumers and fans still seem to believe that the business philosophy and goals of Walt's Disney Company apply to Iger's Disney Corporation. They don't, not even remotely.

Disney Corp doesn't plow increased Parks revenue back into the Parks, nor do they raise ticket prices to pay for new attractions. Park profits go to the stockholders and to fund corporate expansion and acquisitions, as well as to finance the ever-expanding top tiers of executives and their ever-increasing pay packages. Ticket prices increase every year regardless of whether or not there are new rides. The idea that Disney has "momentum" in its Park expansions is a myth; at all times their expenditures are conservatively planned to minimize costs and risks, and maximize profit.

Bottom line, Iger's Disney Corporation bears no relationship to Walt's Disney Company, where executive salaries were ridiculously low by Hollywood standards and where profits were plowed back into the product. Disney Corp is a Wall Street style corporation run by experienced and expert media marketers, Chief Financial Officers and Strategic Planning executives, who play profit hardball for keeps.
    ^^ this !

My vote - Tomorrowland ........ It's been put off way too long. Enough is enough!

Then flip it back to DCA .. and then Frontierland. New land? Where? No room ... try - New Park: THIRD GATE

Of course ... in light of what Wiggins said ............ If they do one thing this decade .. that will be a miracle!
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Tomorrowland. This land once rivaled New Orleans Square as our favorite area in the park, but has been in dire need of an update since long before the disappointing 1998 remodel.

• formerly very helpful

First, just reading Mr. Wiggins' post was depressing, because I believe it's completely true.

That said, I'll sound like a copy cat, and say Tomorrowland. Like badger hollow said, it used to be one of my favorite lands, and now it's my least favorite. Even Toon Town is more pleasant a place to hang out in.

After that, I'd love to see an expanded and updated Frontierland. But, I'd rather see them focus on authentic-style theming, and a large, audio-animatronic themed ride, and NOT a thrill ride.

I think DCA is finally on the right track, and if they just give periodic updates as time goes on, they should be okay. Although the Hollywood area is in desperate need.

• Senior Minion

My post above notwithstanding, my vote would be for a new, innovative and imaginative Tomorrowland -- along with the management vision and dedication, and the Imagineering depth and excellence, that would be needed to accomplish it.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• SORCERER

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

I agree with everything accept the ticket price part. Disneyland Resort increased there prices in May 2012. Carsland opened a month later, the consumer ends up paying for all the new expansion done to DCA. Disney most likely pay's off cars land financing in less than 3 months after record attendance levels. PRofit from here on.

Ticket Price before May 2012 New Prices Increase
    1-day $80 $87 8.75%
    1-day Park Hopper 105 125 19.05
    2-day 158 170 7.59
    2-day Park Hopper 173 200 15.61
    3-day 209 220 5.26
    3-day Park Hopper 224 250 11.61
    SoCal Select AP 199 269 35.18
    SoCal AP 269 329 22.3
    Deluxe AP 379 469 23.75
    Premium AP 499 649 30.06
    Add AP Parking 99 129 30.3

The consumer still ends up paying for new expansion.

It will most likly take disney a year atleast to redo a whole land, so we can expect another price increase right before it opens.

I would absolutely die to see tommorowland reinvented, it desperately needs it.

• The doctor is in

Tomorrowland should be their first priority.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

I would say Tomorrowland, Hollywoodland, Frontierland, then Toontown. I don't think disneyland is in need of a new land and if Hollywoodland is done right I don't think DCA would need a new land for 10 years, at least.

I know Toontown was thrown out of left field but like the other projects, it is in need of some tlc. When I was a kid I loved Toontown. Now that I have a son I'm depressed when I walk through there. No ball pit, no bounce house, paint chipping, and it seems like the dirtiest part of the park to me.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cjedwards44 View Post
    I would say Tomorrowland, Hollywoodland, Frontierland, then Toontown. I don't think disneyland is in need of a new land and if Hollywoodland is done right I don't think DCA would need a new land for 10 years, at least.

I know Toontown was thrown out of left field but like the other projects, it is in need of some tlc. When I was a kid I loved Toontown. Now that I have a son I'm depressed when I walk through there. No ball pit, no bounce house, paint chipping, and it seems like the dirtiest part of the park to me.
    Works for me, Tomorrowland and Hollywood Land are already in place and in sad shape. Before extending either park, these areas need fixing.

• Minion

I'd like to order a new Tomorrowland, with a new E-ticket, an updated Autopia and something on the PeopleMover tracks, please. No Innoventions with that new Tomorrowland, thanks.
    Last edited by jasmineray; 05-16-2013 at 02:48 PM.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Nutty about Disney parks

The Star Wars land can be integrated into Tomorrowland as a miniland if done right. It would be weird to have Star Tours in DL and have a SW land in a separate park.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    The Star Wars land can be integrated into Tomorrowland as a miniland if done right. It would be weird to have Star Tours in DL and have a SW land in a separate park.
    Maybe, but maybe not. Although Star Tours is the kind of attraction that COULD BE moved, it's not like Matterhorn.

• Former Churro Jockey

Definitely a new Tomorrowland, and it's been in need of an upgrade since longer then 1998. The 98 makeover just made it worse. Frankly, I'd take the 88 Tomorrowland over what we have now (maybe with the updated Star Tours, but that's it). I know that people (esp. kids I assume) like the subs, Autopia, and Buzz Lightyear, but it just seems to me that Disney could do so much better, so I say keep Space Mountain (but add the launch start like Rockin Roller Coaster), the Monorail and Star Tours, and completely redo everything else. A Star Wars themed restaurant seems like a no-brainer for Tomorrowland Terrace since they already do the Jedi Training Acadamy there anyway, and then three really cool new rides (don't care if they are movie-based or not as long as they are good). I still say that they should bring back the Rocket Rods (with a different name) and just bank the turns this time so the cars don't have to slow down, and it would be a really awesome ride. Then maybe give us a couple of new family rides where Innoventions, Autopia, and the subs are, plus open up more space for Fantasyland to expand where part of Autopia is right now along with the old motorboat lagoon. Pizza Port used to be really good when it very first opened (for about four months or so), so either bring back the original supplier or change the restaurant to something else. I did like the concept of turning Tomorrowland into a representation of "the future that never was and always will be", they just need to do a better job with it.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast