Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

•   
    • Minion

Re: Would you like to see Luigi's flying tires replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by RosevilleDisfan View Post
    I completely agree. I don't know how you can go on Luigi's Tires and not have a really good belly laugh. One thought about the ride is though; you have to enjoy it with a partner. I think a single rider might think it's lame. I wonder how many people that say "they don't enjoy it" are single riders.
    I"m a single rider most visits; and I love the tires. I think it's easier to maneuver them when I'm alone.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

I have never understood the hate around here for this attraction. I really enjoy the flying tires! It's just simple fun that you have to work for. To me, it's a similar fun to the canoes over at DL (one of my favorite attractions); simple and powered by you. I have never left the attraction with anything else but a smile. Everyone I have been on it with has had a good 'ole time. It's really not that difficult to maneuver, and it does have a learning curve, but once you get it, you got it. I guess that's half the fun for me; trying to really get the thing moving and maneuvered. I've gotten some nice speed on it and it's such fun to glide across the floor and bump into another tire. I do feel lighter tires would really benefit the ride. It's nowhere near my favorite attraction, but it is fun.

If they could think up a better attraction for this space, then sure, but I think this is fine. Mater's is much more fun but idk, this attraction has it's own character and a wonderful queue and garden.

• Disneyland History Lover

I enjoy the Flying Tires. Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've been on them. My party usually prefers to skip them; especially when the line is over 40 minutes. I think if you know how to fly the tire and your attention is on that, you won't miss the beach balls. I didn't like them before because they were a distraction and people would throw them at you when you were trying to fly. It's a lot of fun when you get your tire to go pretty fast from one side of the rink to the other.

• Banned User

I think they are ok just as long as they are a 20 minute or under wait which I done all three times I been. They can be fun but nothing I ever really need to do unlike Mater which I do whenever I get to go. Honestly if they just added a joystick like the original tires they would be much more popular. I give them credit for thinking ahead of the curve and making them a bit more interesting with the body movement but it seems confusing for a lot of people and because you only get about 2 minutes by the time people figure it out its over. Put joysticks on them then you got a ride everyone can do and get something out of it. Even then the wait time for me to wait would be the same. And I dont miss the balls. I didnt mind them but they didnt do much for me in terms of the experience but I have no problem controlling the tires eithr.

And I read somewhere, I CANT remember where, that this ride cost $100 million! Thats a lot of freaking money for what is basically an overglorified bumper cars ride. I wish I can remember where I read that but IF true it seems like a huge waste of money. They couldve built a lavish dark ride on that spot using Luigi as part of the story. I mean can you imagine what other concepts they couldve done? We couldve got a really good attraction for that money. Maybe they will some day but at $100 million they arent going to give up on the tire concept that early.

• Seeker of Fun

This is a terrible ride that even my young kids thought was boring. Maybe if it was faster??
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Luigi's is my favorite ride in all of Cars Land. I wouldn't mind Mater's being replaced for something better tho.
    Learn How To Lose Weight While Still Eating All Your Favorite Disney Foods! --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    I have never understood the hate around here for this attraction.
    That's easy .. it's a disappointment. These tires are so huge ... the rink is just so large .. most people don't know what to do with them ... so they just hover over the same spot they are in from the start. By the time you've managed to get your way out of the clump of drivers who don't know what to do (as I've found myself in) .... you get just a tiny bit of travel-time ... and the ride is over.

They either need to have vehicles that are smaller .. or fewer of them ... or a slightly larger rink. With them dispersed properly ... so you can get some good travel-time from one corner of the arena to the other .. within it's menial 2 minute length.

So, to answer the question - What would we like to see them replace it with - Just improve it. Make the arena larger. In it's current state ... they might as well call it The Slug ride .. because it moves like one.

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    They just need to be redesigned smaller, lighter, and faster. They're a pain to use in their current state and you just slowly drift around.
    Said perfectly!

This is the very first Disney theme park attraction ever designed .... that barely moves. All other outdoor attractions - Golden Zephyr, Silly Symphony Swings, both park's carousels, Tea Cups, the spinners - Astro Orbitor, Dumbo ... they all have some decent movement to them ... to be worth while. Not Luigi's Flying Tires ...... and something needs to be done about them. If not this year .. or next ... but within the next 3-5.

My next time to Carsland .. I'll just watch from that "view" point ... and see how many people actually get some real traveling going .. and which ones just hover .. and maybe move 10 feet.

Seems some people on this thread have had some luck .... but it seems the ratio of those who barely get anywhere ... to those who do get some movement going ... tips it in the direction of something needing to be done in the future.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 05-16-2013 at 09:30 PM.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I would like to see ride time increased and ride occupy doubled with a second ride zone.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Queen Elsa

I say no I like the ride when they had the balls in there I never got any because I though it was stuid to have them there. I know I haven't been on it latly but I still like the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by RosevilleDisfan View Post
    I completely agree. I don't know how you can go on Luigi's Tires and not have a really good belly laugh. One thought about the ride is though; you have to enjoy it with a partner. I think a single rider might think it's lame. I wonder how many people that say "they don't enjoy it" are single riders.
    Good point. I've never been on it by myself. I don't think it would be as fun. I think the shared moments with your friends and social moments with strangers (sharing a laugh as you careen into each other) make up the beauty of the attraction. Plus, I don't think I would be able to get it moving as fast if I were by myself.

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Lightyear View Post
    Luigi's is my favorite ride in all of Cars Land. I wouldn't mind Mater's being replaced for something better tho.
    Better than Radiator Springs Racers?
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

I myself, can zoom around the arena. It works better when you are solo. I agree with what was said earlier, just make the vehicles smaller and for 1 persom (or 1 adult and small child). By making them smaller, they will go faster. Then add a second rink for capacity reasons. but i do enjoy the ride, its not bad, just needed a couple more stages of planning before being implemented.

•   
    • Minion

I don't care for them I would like them replaced. They could move autopia here and have it themed to tie into Luigi's tire shop. That would open up space in DL

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    I thought it was fun. It was better than the bumper cars in It's a Bug's Life. Also, it's fun to build up a head of steam and "WHAM"! into another car that doesn't see you coming.
    You can't really "WHAM" on this ride. It's more like poof into what feels like a back of air. Saying it's better than the bugs life bumper cars isn't saying much. I wouldn't even consider Luigi's bumper cars as there is no real impact.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Sure....if they have a better ride but....I'm not sure if there is enough space there for anything that much more of an improvement...but im all for something if they have an idea

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast