Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: Would you like to see Luigi's flying tires replaced?

I wouldn't mind if it went, didn't think it was that much fun. But it's new and it seems like there's probably enough people that like it to keep it around for a while. It would have been better as a single rider per tire as others have suggested. Unfortunately, I think that Disney would prevent it from ever being able to bump hard enough to actually be fun.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

I have been in the ride twice. Can't say it was the best ride in the park but I did have fun on it. I think it depends whether or not you go on it with an open mind and just let yourself be a big kid and enjoy it for what it is.

Would I want to see it replace. NO

The park need sto continue adding attractions and once its attraction roster has grown substantially then maybe if something better can be out in that plot of land then sure remove it.

I Love that ride! My brother and I haul a** on those tires. Not to mention, we're pretty big guys. Key is to center yourself on the tire and lean, not too much to the point where your head is almost touching the floor of the tire (sarcasm). But seriously, I see people leaning too far out. That's why it doesn't move as much as they would like to.

• Selfie Expert

My husband and I went on this ride a couple months ago - it was our first and only ride, and the only reason we went on it was because it was a walk on. We each had our own tire, and had no issues moving the tires.

That said, I'm glad I did it once, and I have no desire to do it again. The tires moved slowly, you could hardly feel when you bumped into people... I wouldn't say "get rid of it!!" since others enjoy it, but if it were up to me I'd put something a little more exciting in there.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• New Member Goes Forth

Personally, I would like the new ride tires, which should be smaller, so that they can move around easier.
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

We waited about 20-30 minutes for this ride. I wouldn't waste my time waiting in that long of a line again. A 5-10 minute wait would be okay, because the ride makes for a good laugh at how ridiculous it is. When we rode everyone was stuck are going no faster than a snail. It was very humorous to me and my friend.

No, my twins love this ride. We cannot convince one of them to try RSR but she loves the "Flat Tires" and the "Mater Tractors". Taking the tires out would eliminate something she really enjoys; unless they replace it with something else she enjoys.........

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Despite having a plan to get out away from everybody and maneuver the thing correctly, on my first ride, I felt blocked in by a bunch of newbies.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    What would be really fun is if they add squirt guns like other parks have were spectators can put a quarter (Disney would probably charge more like $2 or so) in and then use a water cannon to drench some random stranger in one of the flying tires. That would really make it more fun, ...
    Not for the person being squirted.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Oh man I couldn't agree any better. The last couple of times we went on we got pinned in the corner. Or we just hover in one spot. Then the ride stops.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    What would be really fun is if they add squirt guns like other parks have were spectators can put a quarter (Disney would probably charge more like $2 or so) in and then use a water cannon to drench some random stranger in one of the flying tires. That would really make it more fun, for the riders to either get wet on hot days or try to dodge the water cannons, and for the spectators, plus Disney gets to make a little extra money off the whole thing.
    I think you've just figured out a surefire way of making the line much shorter.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    They just need to be redesigned smaller, lighter, and faster. They're a pain to use in their current state and you just slowly drift around.
    I totally agree with you. The tires need to be redesigned.

• i believe in faeries.

i haven't been on them. we waited for about 10 minutes, loved the tire shop queue... but once we saw how many people couldn't figure out how to make the tires move, my friend and i decided to duck out of line and wait for something else. i have issues with run-of-the-mill bumper cars, i know i'd be the girl in the tire, bouncing and trying to get it to work.

You could not replace it or else this would happen:

Disney Fan 25 Years into the Future, "Did you ever hear about those floating tires?"

Other Disney Fan 25 Years into the Future, "I wonder why they got rid of them, they looked like fun."

WDI Executive 25 Years into the Future, "Hmmmm... Sounds like a good idea. Lets bring it back."

...So essentially we allowed the tires due to how interesting the old Flying Saucers looked, and if the tires go somebody at WDI years from now will have nostalgia for them and shove them into a multi-billion dollar land! So lets keep the tires so nobody gets a sense of nostalgia for them!

• Minion

if you are a little kid riding by yourself then it's fun cus they are small and can move around.

as for me, it was 3 of us in the tire... we couldn't control that thing. we were to too heavy.

I saw in a concept video saying that the tires are new and improved from the flying saucers. lies, lies, lies

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast