Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: Does anyone else want a weekends event at DLR? If so what theme?

I would like a few weekends where there's no Fantasmic or fireworks. Just let people walk unincumbered through the park and do rides or watch live shows.

• Sharkslayer

Marvel Weekends at DCA will be Excellent!

Dance-Off with Marvel Superheroes, Marvel Parade, Marvel Movie 4D Sneak Peek at Muppet-Vision 3D, How to be a Marvel Superhero and a Sneak Peek of Wreck-It Ralph/Avengers Crossover comics.

• Future Imagineer

Definitely Marvel.

Having an exclusive Marvel version of WoC (or just an pre and post show), make your own comic book in the Hollywood and dine building, an Iron man-ize or hulk-itize me experience (like the carbonite or stormtroopers at SWW) in the WWTBAMPL building, learning how to draw Marvel characters in the animation building, a possible Ant man 4D show temporarily replacing ITTBAB, Disney characters as Marvel characters, M&G characters throughout HL and PP, and a Big Hero 6 themed area in the San Fransisco area, and the mentioned above.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    Having an exclusive Marvel version of WoC (or just an pre and post show)
    I've often wondered why they didn't add a special segment when the Avengers was out in the theaters. If they did it for Pirates 4, they should have done it for the Avengers as it was a way more successful and anticipated movie.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Former Churro Jockey

I would love to see Disney build a dedicated space for special events and have nonstop events going on (like some of the limited time magic events that they did this year) all the time so that every time you visit the park there is at least one new thing to see. The festival arena already holds corporate events there and seems like it would lend itself well to these events. Maybe they could retheme it so that it's not considered to be in Frontierland and make it more generic so that they can have all kinds of events there (like the Greek festival this weekend).

The other thing I'd like to see are special events on the Mark Twain. I've always loved the scene from the Disneyland After Dark DVD where they have Louis Armstrong on the Mark Twain and he gives a concert. I'm sure there are too many people who would want to do it even if they charged a lot for it, so it would probably need to be part of a bigger event, like an after hours AP party at the whole park, but ever since I saw that scene from the DVD I've wanted to do something like that. They could have one of the New Orleans bands onboard, serve Mint Julips, and maybe even have some dancing. They'd have to make it longer then just one trip around the river to be really worth it though.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12