RSR FP line vs Magic Morning Your advice wanted

Hi all, Im taking my partner to DLR on Friday, June 7th through Sunday, June 9th and would like some advise on our park itinerary for those days. My original plan was that we would do DL that Friday afternoon and evening (we fly in late Friday morning) along with Fantasmic and the fireworks. Then on Saturday we would get in the RSR fastpass line before DCA park opening, grab those and then make Saturday our DCA day, and then bounce between both parks on Sunday.

I see now though that Saturday is a Magic Morning at DL, which we are entitled to with our 3-day park hoppers. I like to use early entry to get on the Fantasyland dark rides , the Matterhorn and Nemo with minimal wait so I have traditionally taken advantage of these. I also see though that on Sunday, both parks open at 8:00 with DCA having an early entry for hotel guests at 7:00. (My partner and I are staying off property so we cant take advantage of that.)

At this point, Im thinking it might be better to forget the early entry at DL on Saturday and stick with my original plan. My thinking is that Saturday would be a better day than Sunday to do the RSR Fastpass line because most of those who can take advantage of early entry will be in DL on Saturday morning, and when DCA opens on Sunday morning there will already be a lot of hotel guests in DCA and the line for RSR and its FP machines will already be long. And Sunday would be a better day to do DL first thing because most hotel guests will be at DCA for the early entry there, and since DL opens at 8:00 anyway, I could still take advantage of the first hour to do the dark rides, Nemo, Matterhorn etc before the park gets busy just like I would have been able to with the 8:00 early entry on Saturday. So does that make sense or is my thinking and assumptions flawed? For those of you who have a lot of recent experience with early entry and the parks at opening, what would you recommend that I do?

Thanks!

• The High 5 & Waving Goth

Re: RSR FP line vs Magic Morning Your advice wanted

It depends on how many times you plan on getting on RSR.

I've done both - Early Entry and FP line. If you get there during MM hours, you can line up as early at 7 (if the rope drop is at 8am) or 8 (if it's at 9am). if you're lucky, it gives you an extra bonus FP...last time, I got one for Grizzly River Run. 9am...on a Saturday in June when it was still cool enough in the morning before the summer heat rolled in.

Anyways, during the Early Entry, you can go on quite a few times...it was running when I went in February (not even a 15 minute wait as posted...more like a 5-10) so if you can get out of bed and be in the park before the general public is allowed in, you can go on as many times as you want. Once rope drop hits, it's game over. I saw the stand by line grow almost all the way out to Wine Country Trattoria as early as 9am...yikes.

The choice is yours. I love Sunday mornings in DL because it's so empty and clear...no one wants to get up early on a Sunday to go enjoy the park. Of course, this was during Bats Day (so it may change now that families are planning to go on vacation since it's the tip of the peak season...)

Hope this helps!

Hi Soothsayer, thanks for your advice. If I understand it correctly from the Disneyland.com website, I dont think we will be able to get in on the early entry at DCA on Sunday because it looks like it is only for Disney hotel guests that day not 3-day passholders and we are staying offsite. So the only early entry that we would be able to take advantage of as far as I can tell is the one at DL on Saturday which is the day I was originally planning on getting in line early for the RSR fasspass for. But your comments about DL on a Sunday morning makes me think it is a better idea to skip the early entry at DL on Saturday and just go to DL at park opening on Sunday instead.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by nycbhh View Post
    Hi all, Im taking my partner to DLR on Friday, June 7th through Sunday, June 9th and would like some advise on our park itinerary for those days. My original plan was that we would do DL that Friday afternoon and evening (we fly in late Friday morning) along with Fantasmic and the fireworks. Then on Saturday we would get in the RSR fastpass line before DCA park opening, grab those and then make Saturday our DCA day, and then bounce between both parks on Sunday.

I see now though that Saturday is a Magic Morning at DL, which we are entitled to with our 3-day park hoppers. I like to use early entry to get on the Fantasyland dark rides , the Matterhorn and Nemo with minimal wait so I have traditionally taken advantage of these. I also see though that on Sunday, both parks open at 8:00 with DCA having an early entry for hotel guests at 7:00. (My partner and I are staying off property so we cant take advantage of that.)

At this point, Im thinking it might be better to forget the early entry at DL on Saturday and stick with my original plan. My thinking is that Saturday would be a better day than Sunday to do the RSR Fastpass line because most of those who can take advantage of early entry will be in DL on Saturday morning, and when DCA opens on Sunday morning there will already be a lot of hotel guests in DCA and the line for RSR and its FP machines will already be long. And Sunday would be a better day to do DL first thing because most hotel guests will be at DCA for the early entry there, and since DL opens at 8:00 anyway, I could still take advantage of the first hour to do the dark rides, Nemo, Matterhorn etc before the park gets busy just like I would have been able to with the 8:00 early entry on Saturday. So does that make sense or is my thinking and assumptions flawed? For those of you who have a lot of recent experience with early entry and the parks at opening, what would you recommend that I do?

Thanks!

Here is what I would do if I were in your shoes:

I would go to Disneyland on Friday and see Fantasmic, and the fireworks, also a parade if you want to catch it.

Saturday morning, I would use the early entry to Disneyland. I would do the Matterhorn, Nemo, Peter Pan, in that order, then proceed to other rides. Alice, Dumbo, and Teacups get longer lines that most of the other rides in Fantasyland, if those are in your agenda.

Then, on Sunday morning, line up at DCA a half hour before they open at the main gate. DCA is less crowded on Sunday mornings then it is on Saturday mornings. When they let you in, proceed directly to the Radiator Springs fast pass area and get in line, the line, once it starts moving takes less than 20 minutes when it is all the way through the maze past Carthay Circle Theatre. Wait in that line, your fast pass will be good from anywhere from 10:30-3:00pm depending on how far back in the line you are. But, you will definitely get a fast pass. Dont try to run straight to Radiator Springs, sans fast pass, unless you are okay with single rider line (not riding together), because everyone runs fast, and the line builds up to 120 minutes quickly. One guy realized this last time, after laughing at everyone in the fast pass lane, then he came back to get a fast pass, and they were sold out.

Hi John, thanks for the input. Sounds like a plan! So if DCA is open to hotel guests on Sunday at 7:00 but not open until the rest of us until 8:00 and I get there at 7:30 and line up at the main gate, there won't already be a bunch of hotel guests already getting fastpasses (since they got to enter the park an hour earlier than the rest of us)?

• Closed Account

There will be, but your wait won't be any longer to get the fast passes. We have gotten in line as late as 20 minutes before DCA opens on a Sunday, and we never wait more than 20 minutes once the line starts moving. Our return time has been anywhere between 10:35-3:35pm. We have even waited, on a Sunday, in the regular DCA line, right when the park opened, only problem with that was our return time was 5:45pm and we usually are done in the park by that time.

Okay, good to know. So if we don't mind waiting until after 5:30 to ride (we will probably spend the whole day there taking a break at the hotel for a nap sometime midday), then we can get there right at 8:00 when the park opens and only wait about 20 minutes for a Fastpass? Keep in mind this will be in June. Thanks again for your advice!