Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   

Submarine Show Building For The Little Mermaid ride

I had a idea if disney would not had open the little mermaid ride at DCA, i was thinking would it be cool if they take out the space where they have the water of the sub n just use the show building of the sub for the little mermaid ride n add maybe 1 r 2 rides n the space where the water is for the sub. what do u guys thing.

• -

Re: Submarine Show Building For The Little Mermaid ride

I think that the water of the Submarine lagoon is an important aesthetic for the land. I would hate to see it paved over.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I things bad idea

• Nutty about Disney parks

I guess it could've worked to some degree. But I don't mind the aquarium aesthetic for TLM in DCA even if it doesn't really fit the park. DCA needed a ride like TLM badly.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Singing Drinker

There's enough space in Disneyland that if they'd wanted to shoehorn LM in, there would be LM in Disneyland.

Theme-wise, you could make an argument for redeveloping the water area around the old light stanchions leftover from Light Tragic. Or for pushing out in some other way (claiming bits of unused Frontierland, etc.).

But why not dream bigger? LM's where it is, it'd be folly of the worst nature to invest the likely hundreds of millions to raize, move, and rebuild, and LM in DCA means something brand new has a chance to go where it would have in Disneyland.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Koubu Pilot

From what I heard in the '90s, Little Mermaid was considered for the Subs. Atlantis was also considered later on until the film bombed.

I think the crystal-clear submarine lagoon situated next to the Matterhorn is one of the most beautiful locations (if not *the* most beautiful location) at Disneyland so I could never be in favor of its removal.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    I think the crystal-clear submarine lagoon situated next to the Matterhorn is one of the most beautiful locations (if not *the* most beautiful location) at Disneyland so I could never be in favor of its removal.
    Yep, the best photograph ever, is the old one from the 60's or 70's of the lagoon with the monorail and the submarines and the matterhorn at night. I think the Submarine ride should stay forever, just make it more for adults, and go back to being a trip to the bottom of the sea adventure etc. The kiddie ride thing is OK and I'll take it if I have no other choice in the matter. Just keep the Submarine ride, its just cool, and no one else has anything like it.

• A Suitcase & A Dream

I would have like to have seen Little Mermaid attraction go into the sub lagoon than Nemo, I think the story/music would have worked better there than at DCA.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by imagineerthat View Post
    I would have like to have seen Little Mermaid attraction go into the sub lagoon than Nemo, I think the story/music would have worked better there than at DCA.
    I second this! I wanted them to open Ariel's Undersea Adventure so badly at Disneyland. I was disappointed when they opened it at DCA. DCA is far too much long distance walking for too little pay off.

I had an idea for a Nemo ride here but instead of having subs it would have been a dark ride. From above, the lagoon would have looked just as it always has and the dark ride would take place below. Although there's a story to follow throughout the ride you can also take in the beautiful scenery of the lagoon.

I got the idea when I went to an aquarium. They had a walk through beneath the fish and sharks. It was gorgeous.

• *Experiment 999*

I hate the nemo ride probably more than any other ride at the park. I however agree with the others that have posted about it being one of the prettiest spots. I could handle them re-themeing the nemo ride, but...keep the lagoon.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Cjedwards44 View Post
    I had an idea for a Nemo ride here but instead of having subs it would have been a dark ride. From above, the lagoon would have looked just as it always has and the dark ride would take place below. Although there's a story to follow throughout the ride you can also take in the beautiful scenery of the lagoon.

I got the idea when I went to an aquarium. They had a walk through beneath the fish and sharks. It was gorgeous.
    Oh please, the entire day at Disneyland is long distance walking. The Little Mermaid is fine in DCA. Why would it need to be in Disneyland?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by xceemora View Post
    I had a idea if disney would not had open the little mermaid ride at DCA, i was thinking would it be cool if they take out the space where they have the water of the sub n just use the show building of the sub for the little mermaid ride n add maybe 1 r 2 rides n the space where the water is for the sub. what do u guys thing.
    EHHHHHHHHHHHHH. No it wouldn't be cool if they take out the submarine lagoon. it would be hot. There's more than enough dark rides in both parks.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

The mismatched Tomorrowland looming over the lagoon ruins it for me. That whole area needs a rework where the water fits better with both of the lands it borders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast