Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• A Happy Haunt

DLR/DCA recipes?

Does anyone know where I can find recipes for certain snacks and foods found only at the parks?

for example... The white chocolate chip cookies are insane. These have become our "must have" snacks at the park. If I could find that recipe, my wife would flip out.

• Selfie Expert

Re: DLR/DCA recipes?

You could try this site:

Disneyland Recipes | Disney Recipes

Just from a quick Google search. I have only ever tried making Banyan Beef at home and it turned out really great! Good luck and let us know if you find a successful recipe!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• A Happy Haunt

Thanks, I've been looking all over for those cookie recipes.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    You could try this site:

Just from a quick Google search. I have only ever tried making Banyan Beef at home and it turned out really great! Good luck and let us know if you find a successful recipe!
    I believe I will try the recipes for the gumbo from Blue Bayou and the chowder from Pacific Wharf as soon as I can run to the grocery store. I am excited.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

I wish they had the recipe for the Blue Bayou potatoes. Those are so yummy! We've made the mint juleps. They are close but not quite right. They can help tide you over until a trip to the park though.

You could try this site:

To quote the beloved Tom Hanks as Woody "Thank you, thank you THANK YOU!!!" (Can you hear his voice?)

I never knew this site existed and it will definitely come in handy. I've eaten at the WDW parks here only a few times because of money, but so far I have not been impressed by a few of them. Only the chili cheese fries at Pecos Bill's in Magic Kingdom are my favorites. And I was very excited to learn that a favorite of mine from California (see below) has now made its way onto the menus in the new Fantasyland.

There are three highly valued favorites of mine from the Disneyland Resort that I will sorely miss since changing coasts and Disney properties. And up until very recently, I was not sure they were available here in Florida. One of my all time favorites were the country fried potatoes available for breakfast in Disneyland both at the Tomorrowland Terrace and at the River Bell Terrace. Everytime I did a day trip at the park, having breakfast at one of those two places WAS A MUST!!! And I usually ate at the RB because of the atmosphere, but I know they were available at both locations. I just loved the recipe and they were SO GOOD, seasoned just right. It was enjoyable to watch the people going by as they rushed to Splash. But it was also nice sitting on that shaded outside patio and having those awesome potatoes with the Mark Twain entree. That was my favorite because pancakes were not my thing, despite the Mickey head. Having the eggs, with the sausage, the orange slice, biscuit, and those awesome potatoes. And the sparrows loved the biscuit. I remember one morning I was feeding one brave bird who came up to my hand to snatch a crumb. And just as I did that, a Japanese tourist walked by and quickly snatched a picture.

Another favorite were the fully loaded chili cheese criss-cut fries at restaurant next to Soarin in DCA. This chili was very good and being able to get them fully loaded was very yummy. But that one ranks third on my list with the potatoes being the first on my list. A VERY close second would be the one favorite that just arrived here at the "Be Our Guest Restaurant in the new Fantasyland. And those are what are called the Pomes Fritas (I know I butchered the spelling) but they're otherwise known as Garlic Fries. And they are mouth watering!!! They were only served at the Cafe Orleans in Disneyland. And when my wife and I would go there to dine, whether with our son or by ourselves, we would eat there AS A MUST and we would always share the large basket of these very yummy fries. I missed them very much until I found out they were here. I have not been able to eat there yet because there is always a long line. But it is a definite must have, despite having this site. I haven't looked yet, but I hope they are on it. So thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Oh and now that I have taken a look at the site, though they do not have the garlic fries from Cafe Orleans

They have one other thing I forgot about......

Mint Julep

Ahhh, my mouth is watering......
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

But no potatoes

• A Happy Haunt

And I have yet to find the recipe for those amazing white chocolate chip cookies...

they are the best

You could try this site:

My wife loves to cook and loves to look for good recipes. And she's not been that much of a Disney fan, though she would occasionally go. So when it came time to get annual passes this year, it was only me that got one. Which I don't mind going by myself from time to time. I've done it for years.

But now I just showed her the recipe site and I think I may have just found a way to convince her to get a pass. She at least loves the site and looking up some good recipes. (There are SO MANY for Epcot.) As she's browsing the site, a few minutes ago she said "Dang it! Look what you made me do!" And as I was just posting this, I hear her in the other room go "Oooooh." I start laughing, and she wonders what I'm laughing about and I tell her its about her reactions. Then I hear her mutter "Ya jerk!" And she continues to oooh and ahhh, among other reactions.

• ...and the Flowers Croon

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    But it was also nice sitting on that shaded outside patio and having those awesome potatoes with the Mark Twain entree. That was my favorite because pancakes were not my thing, despite the Mickey head. Having the eggs, with the sausage, the orange slice, biscuit, and those awesome potatoes. And the sparrows loved the biscuit.
    The RBT is my go-to breakfast spot and the Mark Twain is my entree choice too (except with bacon). I liked it better when they had a blueberry muffin instead of the biscuit, though. The biscuit's good, but I miss that muffin.

The one old Disneyland recipe I've tried that's good, but just not the same, is for the now-extinct Jungle Julep. It was yummy, but just not as delish as it was standing outside the old Sunkist, I Presume and waiting to go on the Jungle Cruise. But what could possibly taste that​ good?

My wife is still going through that site. And she "hates" me for it.

I've personally made the clam chowder and Monte Cristo Sandwiches.

They are pretty close to how they taste at the park

Also, little secret, City Hall has many of the parks recipes on file. Just ask them and they can make a copy for you

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

Quote Originally Posted by 14 MPH View Post
    I've personally made the clam chowder and Monte Cristo Sandwiches.

They are pretty close to how they taste at the park

Also, little secret, City Hall has many of the parks recipes on file. Just ask them and they can make a copy for you
    <whispering a side note off topic...>

What happened to our boys in purple & gold this past season? To blockbuster acquisitions and they still fell flat!!! And they really took the "spur" in the end, didn't they?

• Johnny and Me!

All of the recipes posted to the Disney Parks Blog can be found here:

Recipe « Disney Parks Blog

Hope that helps!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast