multi day passes and entry

Ok I have a question the new thing where they take a pictureof people with multi day pass how does it work how much does it slow down entryand dose it slow down entry every day or just the first day of entry.

• Chief Troublemaker

Re: multi day passes and entry

Quote Originally Posted by mousedaddy View Post
    Ok I have a question the new thing where they take a pictureof people with multi day pass how does it work how much does it slow down entryand dose it slow down entry every day or just the first day of entry.
    We had ours done at the Monorail entry point (we entered on our first day that way) & it didn't take a minute. Thereafter at the main gate, it took a second or two for a CM to scan your pass & look at your picture. They had a couple of CMs standing by each line near the turnstile scanning & taking pictures, if needed. Hand your pass, they scanned it or took the picture, gave it back & you were on your way. It took a bit longer one day because their picture system was down & we had to show a picture ID.

I really didn't find it that cumbersome, to tell the truth. But again, we were there in February during a 'slow' period.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

They take your photo with an iPod touch with a laser scanner case immediately before the turnstiles.

Each time you re-enter the park, a Cast Member with an iPod touch will ask to see your ticket and will scan it to make sure you have a photo. After the Cast Member has made sure that the photo matches the person using the ticket, they hand the ticket to the Cast Member working the actual ticket machines and they scan your ticket into the parks system.

It can be a very slow process. When it was first introduced, I waited in a line that extended to the monorail beam to enter Disneyland, it took 20mins to enter the park. Recently its been better as they have more turnstiles open.

I still think they should use PhotoPass photographers inside the park for this. They use them for AnnualPass photos, I don't see why this should be any different.

Its going to be interesting to see how efficient it is this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    Its going to be interesting to see how efficient it is this summer.
    This is my worry this is the first summer trip for us in a verry long time so i guess we will see.

• The doctor is in

There are CM's in front of the gate that will look at your passes and see what kind you have. If it is a multi-day and your first day in the park, they will scan your ticket with the device (looks like an iPhone) and then take a picture. Each ticket holder, even children, get their pictures taken. After that you just get your ticket scanned for each entry and they verify that you are the person in the photo taken.

It does slow down entry so allow yourself some extra time.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Light up the HALO!

They only take your picture if you have a three or more day ticket. It is a very fast process.
    As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

Space Mountain