Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Casa de Fritos

• Minion

Casa de Fritos

Was going to come on here and ask if anyone remembers the menu from Casa de Fritos when I remembered we have the Internet at our fingertips. You can find anything.

I found it quite easily.

I remember this being a favorite restaurant when we would visit the park. Anyone else have fond memories of this restaurant?

"Another bag of fritos, Klondike."

• Chief Troublemaker

Re: Casa de Fritos

Quote Originally Posted by CASurfer65 View Post
    Was going to come on here and ask if anyone remembers the menu from Casa de Fritos when I remembered we have the Internet at our fingertips. You can find anything.

I found it quite easily.

I remember this being a favorite restaurant when we would visit the park. Anyone else have fond memories of this restaurant?

"Another bag of fritos, Klondike."
    Oh, absolutely!!! My BFF and I always ate at C de F when we were at DL. Taco/enchilada combo plate & stash the bag of Fritos in our purses to munch on later. It was our tradition!! Even though Rancho del Zocalo isn't C de F, I always make a point of eating there even now, just for nostalgia's sake.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Oh, absolutely!!! My BFF and I always ate at C de F when we were at DL. Taco/enchilada combo plate & stash the bag of Fritos in our purses to munch on later. It was our tradition!! Even though Rancho del Zocalo isn't C de F, I always make a point of eating there even now, just for nostalgia's sake.
    I think it became somewhat of a tradition for us too, Stormy. Especially for lunch. And I do remember that combo plate.

I found this cool image of the "Frito Kid" online and apparently they had a Fritos dispenser shaped like him that would give bags of Fritos. Look it up. Very cool retro pics.

• Still lost in Neverland

I would always eat lunch there. The service could be somewhat slow, but the food was worth the wait. Much tastier and better than what that phony Rancho del Socalo serves up now. Miss it very much.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

To relive the glory of the Frito Kid and Klondike, open this link and click the nickel: fritokid

If you get a bag of Fritos and add chili to eat while you watch it, might be even more of a recreation of the Casa de Fritos!
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Minion

That is just great, Regions! Thanks for sharing!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    To relive the glory of the Frito Kid and Klondike, open this link and click the nickel: fritokid

If you get a bag of Fritos and add chili to eat while you watch it, might be even more of a recreation of the Casa de Fritos!
    Thanks for this link RB. Does it ever bring back great memories!!
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Chief Troublemaker

Love that link, RB! Really made me smile. I wonder whatever happened to the Frito Kid? I kinda picture him languishing on the 'Island of Misfit Animatronics' along with some of the Country Bears waiting for a chance to appear in a new attraction.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Love that link, RB! Really made me smile. I wonder whatever happened to the Frito Kid?
    He was the Fritos mascot from 1952 until 1967, when he was replaced with the Frito Bandito.

There's a great article about the Frito Kid and Casa de Fritos on ImagineeringDisney. It has the Casa de Fritos menu, photos of the restaurant, vintage Fritos TV commercials and more!

- Neil Gabler

• Blew By You

We always at at Tomorrowland on our annual visit.

And did you know that Doritos were invented there?
    OCWeekly

•   
    • Minion

this is awesome. Isn't this where Doritos came from as well?

• Super Genius

Name:  l.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  44.5 KB^ Yes. It's actually where they were invented. How does this website get away with posting copyrighted audio, namely, the audio of the Frito Kid? I hope the copyright nazis (DIsney's attorneys) don't come after the webmaster...

Name:  l.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  37.5 KB
    Last edited by MikeChat; 05-22-2013 at 08:39 PM.
    When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.

I have only the fondest memories of that location. I worked there when it was Casa Mexicana from 1986 till the 1998 closing. I seem to remember I started shortly after Fritos ended their sponsorship. We used to have Fritos available for purchase. I always remember being sponsored by Lawry's. Of course it was a job and a physically demanding one but I made some life time friends there. The job aslo got me through college and bridged the time from graduation until I was able to get a full-time teaching job. The most important thing that happened was in 1987 while at the break table in the alley way between Casa and Carnation(the current location would be about the women's bathroom next to Zocolo). I met my wife to be on a break, she also worked at the location. We have been very happily married since 1993. A quick warning for everyone about the drinking water at Rancho. We always joked that it helped many cast members with their fertility; at least that's the way it seemed. So when we were trying to have children we stopped by the water fountain and had a couple of glasses. Shortly after my wife became pregnant...with twins! We should have known and now you all have been warned. Thank you Casa Mexicana for the three beautiful women in my life.

• Senior Minion

^ Thanks for a wonderful post! The Casa de Fritos/Casa Mexicana was always one of my favorite night time dining spots in Disneyland. Sitting at the tables near Rainbow Ridge, especially in the days when the Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland was there, was pure magic.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 05-22-2013 at 08:54 AM.

- Neil Gabler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast