Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• *Experiment 999*

Re: Ticket Rejections at gate

i tend to get stuck behind these people in line. i just think it sucks since i spend my money to legitimately get into the park and they can't fork up the cash to get in. I know tickets aren't cheap...but that's why I save for my trips if I know they are coming up.

• i believe in faeries.

Quote Originally Posted by spacyglitz1 View Post
    ... i just think it sucks since i spend my money to legitimately get into the park and they can't fork up the cash to get in. I know tickets aren't cheap...but that's why I save for my trips if I know they are coming up.
    i totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwingdolt View Post
    I'm curious, I don't see any harm in, for example, 5 people splitting the cost of a 5 day park hopper if it is economically a better option for them. Or, 10 people buying 2 5 day park hoppers.
    I don't see a problem with this either but I think this is different than people renting them from people on eBay because those people are making a profit on them. Unfortunately, the few people that may have split the cost with a friend can't do that anymore because of the brokers.

•   
    • Minion

Couldn't a gate ticket reject also be someone who didn't keep up with their AP monthly payments, or someone who was banned?
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• *Experiment 999*

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Couldn't a gate ticket reject also be someone who didn't keep up with their AP monthly payments, or someone who was banned?
    I had a friend who had some payment problem with his ap. the gate folks still let him in but placed some kind of hold on his ap to get the payment issue taken care of in a few days. im not sure if this is a common occurrence though.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by spacyglitz1 View Post
    I had a friend who had some payment problem with his ap. the gate folks still let him in but placed some kind of hold on his ap to get the payment issue taken care of in a few days. im not sure if this is a common occurrence though.
    Valid arguments for getting rid of the payment option all together.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

i have seen someone turned away once who was an AP holder. They didnt realize the day was blocked out for their pass level.

I agree 100%. When I was at Epcot they told me the same thing. But I said no because I don't believe in chips in cards or dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldMissingPants View Post
    When I went to the park on Friday, I exiting the park for the night at around 10 PM and as I was walking through Downtown Disney, our group was stopped in front of the World of Disney store by a group of girls asking us if we were done for the day and if we had any tickets that we could give them. I told them I was an AP holder and left. I was too tired to tell them that they check for hand stamps and now enforce the tickets with photographs at the entrance. well it's those people that get declined at the gate
    They were asking for tickets because they were going to take them to the ticket booths and upgrade them to an AP. This happens all the time.

The photos they take before the turnstiles are not connected to the actual ticketing system. If they were they would not have to scan every single multi day ticket with an ipod to make sure the photo matches the ticket holder, the photos would just pop up on ticket machine computer monitors each time they were scanned.

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Quote Originally Posted by mouseknotts View Post
    It is a violation of the rules, and the harm is there are a lot of tickets that were not valid that were sold as still having days on them. I have seen a family in tears when they realized that their tickets were fake and they were not going to Disneyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    In addition to being against the ticket terms, they now take pictures of the guest upon first entering the park and check it with each subsequent visit, thereby eliminating sharing, which increases their profit.
    Correct, and Correct. ^^^

Folks, the many ways people may "share" or actually run a business on selling extra days left on tickets, has long been against Disney's terms of use, and as such, not a topic we will allow to be discussed on MiceChat.

Because of that, this thread is closed.

Should you see a thread like this again, please use the "report post" link found at the bottom left of every post to alert the Mods so we can reign the thread in.
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12