Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• A Happy Haunt

Ticket Rejections at gate

So, as we were entering the park last weekend, it was about 5pm, two young girls ahead of us were rejected after their tickets were scanned. They didn't seem to upset.

So that got me to think. Think about those cheap tix from eBay. I think they are like, rental tickets?
    Anyhow, has this been something Disney has finally cracked down on?

Can anyone describe in better detail what I referred to as Ebay tickets? My memory of them and procedures to get them, is really fuzzy. I never went that route, AP was the best option for us, but I've heard many people consider this way.

again, I'm only assuming these two girls ahead of us had fraudulent, expired, or "rented" tickets.

• -

Re: Ticket Rejections at gate

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwingdolt View Post
    So, as we were entering the park last weekend, it was about 5pm, two young girls ahead of us were rejected after their tickets were scanned. They didn't seem to upset.

So that got me to think. Think about those cheap tix from eBay. I think they are like, rental tickets?
    Anyhow, has this been something Disney has finally cracked down on?

Can anyone describe in better detail what I referred to as Ebay tickets? My memory of them and procedures to get them, is really fuzzy. I never went that route, AP was the best option for us, but I've heard many people consider this way.

again, I'm only assuming these two girls ahead of us had fraudulent, expired, or "rented" tickets.
    They may not have. There are other reasons for being rejected as well.

For example, when I was at EPCOT last month, a worker asked me if I wanted to change out my pass for one with an RFID chip in it. I told them I wasn't really interested because Disneyland is my home park and I didn't want this to mess up my entry. I was assured over and over by three separate employees that there would be no problem at Disneyland. Sure enough the first visit I made to Disneyland after I got home, I was told that my pass hasn't been activated yet and I needed to go to a ticket booth and take care of it.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• the rockawho?

Not sure how eBay tickets work anymore. I haven't went that route for years. I know one eBay seller would buy 4-5 day park hopper pass and sell the days individually on eBay. The buyer has to return the ticket to the seller by the end of the day or be charged the whole ticket price. When 4 of the 5 days are used, the seller would sell it as an annual pass discount ticket cause the person is allowed to upgrade the park hopper pass to an annual pass. The person is credited the 5 day park hopper pass towards their annual pass.

A few weeks ago one of my friends family members bought tickets from a scalper standing in front of Disneyland. Tickets turned out to be fake. The ticket scalper was still on the premise and was arrested by the police there.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    For example, when I was at EPCOT last month, a worker asked me if I wanted to change out my pass for one with an RFID chip in it. I told them I wasn't really interested because Disneyland is my home park and I didn't want this to mess up my entry. I was assured over and over by three separate employees that there would be no problem at Disneyland. Sure enough the first visit I made to Disneyland after I got home, I was told that my pass hasn't been activated yet and I needed to go to a ticket booth and take care of it.
    Typical. And these are the people who promise us our personal data and credit information will be safe with them when they launch NextGen? The corporation that wants to track our every move -- and our kids' -- with RFID wristbands? The same folks who swear that their servers are absolutely, positively, cross-our-hearts-n'-hope-to-die secure? Hah! They can't even get their own websites running!
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• SORCERER

Disneyland resort few months ago became very strict on Rental Tickets as it violates there park policy. To correct the issue Disney now has a cast member standing in front of the turnstile, this cast member scans all multi-day tickets, and all guests with Multi day ticks has there photo taken on the spot with the multi-day ticket. This photo is connected to there ticket and will be scanned every time they enter the park. This prevents multiple people from using the same ticket.

Maybe it was possible the tickets the girls had were fake. There have been people here in Central Florida that have been arrested for selling fake tickets. One woman in particular who has made the news here many times because she absolutely refuses to obey the laws and keeps trying to run the same scam again and again in the same spot in Orlando.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• A Happy Haunt

I'm curious, I don't see any harm in, for example, 5 people splitting the cost of a 5 day park hopper if it is economically a better option for them. Or, 10 people buying 2 5 day park hoppers.

• Dreaming of next trip

I'm curious, I don't see any harm in, for example, 5 people splitting the cost of a 5 day park hopper if it is economically a better option for them. Or, 10 people buying 2 5 day park hoppers.
    It is a violation of the rules, and the harm is there are a lot of tickets that were not valid that were sold as still having days on them. I have seen a family in tears when they realized that their tickets were fake and they were not going to Disneyland.

• #bringevilback

In addition to being against the ticket terms, they now take pictures of the guest upon first entering the park and check it with each subsequent visit, thereby eliminating sharing, which increases their profit.

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    In addition to being against the ticket terms, they now take pictures of the guest upon first entering the park and check it with each subsequent visit, thereby eliminating sharing, which increases their profit.
    By what you two are describing, it sounds like an episode of that 70's show. The one where they went to a Packers game and Hyde kept trying to get both Kelso & Fes in the game at the same time by trying to use the stub.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    By what you two are describing, it sounds like an episode of that 70's show. The one where they went to a Packers game and Hyde kept trying to get both Kelso & Fes in the game at the same time by trying to use the stub.
    Not exactly. Ticket renters will rent the ticket to one person one day, then a different person on a different day.

Hence the "sounds like."

Quote Originally Posted by mouseknotts View Post
    It is a violation of the rules, and the harm is there are a lot of tickets that were not valid that were sold as still having days on them. I have seen a family in tears when they realized that their tickets were fake and they were not going to Disneyland.
    Sad...but doing an end run around The Big Cheese to save a few bucks is a bad play.
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• The doctor is in

Last week I was behind a family who was denied entry after their tickets were scanned. I assumed they bought fake tickets online somewhere.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

When I went to the park on Friday, I exiting the park for the night at around 10 PM and as I was walking through Downtown Disney, our group was stopped in front of the World of Disney store by a group of girls asking us if we were done for the day and if we had any tickets that we could give them. I told them I was an AP holder and left. I was too tired to tell them that they check for hand stamps and now enforce the tickets with photographs at the entrance. well it's those people that get declined at the gate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast