Thread: Westcot

Westcot

For those of you who heard about the original plan of WestCot. What do you think? I didn't really like the idea for Cms or AP People. I mean, its a cool idea to have the hotels in the shops, but from what I heard, they weren't planning any rides to get excited about.

http://www.mickeynews.com/Columns/Di...asp_Q_id_E_536
    5 days a week

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Westcot

Westcot was Name and thinking of a copy of Epcot From WDW and MGM.
    bast place of calif, with future world and hollwood CAilf.
    Disney DID not go with Epcot stuff Becouse the park at WDW did not do well.

so name chang to Disney California Adventure
    and the way the set-up One fun area and A lot stores and high price place to eat.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

Well, if WESCOT should come to frutition, it won't be for quite some time. At this current time, the budget is being funneled into the Placemaking ideas in DCA (where the money should be going). Once the park has been cleaned up, and its attendence rises, then Iger might allow Oiumet to go ahead with plans for a Third Gate, new hotels, and a DownTown Disney West. I just hope that the Third Gate isn't a waterpark, I am hoping for an Epcot/DisneySea park. That would be fantastic, and since it seems that Disney isn't that concerned with budgetary constarints (a $6.7 billion purchase of Pixar), this may actually come to frutition.

• Closed Account

IIRC they were going to build DisneySea on Long Beach (where they would launch the cruise line from) but they scrapped the Long Beach DisneySea idea for DCA and sold the DisneySea concept to the Tokyo people.

That said, I hope they go back and decide to do DisneySea here as the third gate!

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte
    IIRC they were going to build DisneySea on Long Beach (where they would launch the cruise line from) but they scrapped the Long Beach DisneySea idea for DCA and sold the DisneySea concept to the Tokyo people.

That said, I hope they go back and decide to do DisneySea here as the third gate!
    they scrapped the disney sea idea, because Disney was running the Queen Mary at the time and long beach was to difficult to work with for their theme park idea. Disney pulled out of the Queen Mary leaving it closed and adandoned until long beach found another group to run it. So, I wouldn't say they just said "hey, forget disney seas and lets do DCA". They couldn't get disney seas to work on the ocean where they wnated it so they resurrected they idea for tokyo. In Disneyseas now you will see a ship that looks alot like the queen mary sitting there...

Honestly, if they ever build WESTCot, it would need a lot of research into realizing what goes (and went) right and wrong in EPCOT. I mean hearing the plans made it sound really cool, with Cosmic Journeys, Horizons 2, a copy of the original Journey into Imagination, and a new Land/Seas pavillion. But a lot has changed since the early 1990s, and so has the theme park business and they will need to solve the issues it has now. And plus the rumors of a park in China, rumors of a 5th park for Orlando, and fixing the issues of WDS Paris and DCA, I think now is not a good time to be piling an already full plate.

• Needs the smell of summer

That was the idea of WESTcot - to improve what they did wrong at EPCOT.

Disney doesn't completely control TDL or DLP, so that only leaves three resorts that Disney is financially responsible for. A new park at WDW won't happen, because it won't really draw more guests. WDW has sort of plateau'd in that respect. Also, two of WDW's four themeparks need as much TLC as DCA needs.

But I will agree with you, pancakes, Disney's plate is pretty full. But I would also venture to say that the next North American Disney theme park will be at the Disneyland resort. Let's just hope the timing (and funding) is right.

P.S. let's also hope that it is not a water park!

• UH..LIKE DUH..

Aside from it also being the name of a ruler you'd buy at Sav-on for 99 cents, it was a sequel to EPCOT, which stands for Every Person Comes Out Tired. Enhancements or not, I think WestCot (you know they would then rename EPCOT to EastCot or perhaps LessCot) would have flopped with California's more jaded market. I can't imagine the Norway Trolls being as exotic as what you find on Venice Beach.

Westcot was Name and thinking of a copy of Epcot From WDW and MGM.
    bast place of calif, with future world and hollwood CAilf.
    Disney DID not go with Epcot stuff Becouse the park at WDW did not do well.
    "the park at WDW did not do well?". It's the most visited non-Magik Kingdom park in the world. What do you mean "did not do well"?

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte

Yes, DisneySeas was planned for Long Beach, why didn't didn't build it could cause hours or many posts.

However, As for a third gate, the space that is near the park is way, way to small to build DS.