View Poll Results: How do you feel about AP's worn on lanyards for all to see?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • It irks me

15 13.16%
  • I don't care

87 76.32%
  • I never noticed

11 9.65%
  • Thanks a lot, now it will be all I see!

1 0.88%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: How do you feel about AP's worn on lanyards?

I don't really find it an annoyance, though I can see how some people may view it as a way to show off.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Ive got the AP in my lanyard only so i dont stall the line to get my AP out of my wallet.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    I wear a lanyard with my AP, Fastpasses, drivers license and debit card all the time since I don't care what other people think.
    ^ this - and my two adult kids as well. My wallet is full of many, many things and I leave it behind, enjoying the convenience of the lanyard and its limited contents. I don't go to Disneyland to be a Fashionista - just to have an easy, relaxed, good time. If y'all think it looks bad - I feel so sorry that you have nothing better to do at Disneyland.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    If there was some advantage to having an AP other than park admission (like priority seating, etc) then I could see the point.
    You mean like the discount on every food and souvenir purchase we make?

I have mixed feelings. In some ways its just easy to show people selling thigs your AP's around your neck, but then again it's very easy to loose it to

• Closed Account

I think it's foolish to wear your annual pass on a lanyard. The clips on those lanyards are not the best, and neither are the sleeves. Your pass could just fall off, and you wouldn't notice until you went to use it, since it adds virtually no weight to your lanyard. I would never wear my annual pass on a lanyard because I would be afraid it would fall out and I would lose it. To those who wear their driver's licenses on their lanyards, not the smartest idea, a great way to give everyone your identity.

When I had a pass, I did have on a lanyard in a pouch. I misplace things easily so having the pass handy helped. I also would put my photopass and (after learning the hard way) the ticket that had my locker number in there.
    My lanyard for my pass was a cast i.d. holder with a metal character medallion. I love it because it's different and lighter than a convential pin lanyard.
    Knott's season pass holders are starting to wear their passes more since Knott's started a pin trading program a year ago. Knott's sells a lanyard, pin, and i.d . holder for about $8.

I wear lanyards to every park I go to. I have a separate one for each and I keep all passes in there, WDW/DL, Universal, Busch/Sea World. It's so much easier to just grab and go. I get to the parking gate for whichever park I'm at, grab the appropriate holder, get the pass and park. I then don't need to reach in to my wallet constantly to show the pass for my entitlements (Universal Express at Universal and coaster re-rides at Sea World/ Busch Gardens.) I also have so much stuff in my wallet half the time that I'll just grab out my ID and 1 credit card and bring it in the park and it saves me lots of pocket space, and worry about losing it (though I always have my phone and wallet attached to me with a chain or cable because I'd rather look silly but never lose my phone.) When I get to DL for a vacation I use the lanyard exclusively for the entire trip to contain anything I'll need for my day which again is so much easier than lugging around a filled wallet. I'm not doing it to brag but I do try to keep my pass visible at DL/WDW because I can have it out for simple easy photo pass scanning. I do mostly take it off though when I get a photo taken because it is a bit silly looking, but besides photos I don't really care how I look, which can be attested to by the fact my last 9 day trip to DL I didn't bother to bring a comb. I never thought it would bother people, and if it does that's a problem they'll have to work through on their own because in the grand scheme of things that could annoy you at a theme park, that should be bottom of the list.
    My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

• Selfie Expert

I always thought they were a little goofy, but I do think they could be practical. I always have my backpack with me, but if I wanted to really lighten up in the park and leave my backpack behind, I wouldn't want to carry a purse or wallet, but I'd just keep it in my pocket. In fact, even with my backpack I normally keep it in my pocket, along with fastpasses, so I don't have to open my backpack and dig through my wallet every time I need it. Plus I feel like I could feel someone reaching into my pocket easier than if someone unzipped an outside pocket of my backpack, so I feel it's a little more secure.

I voted "I don't care"... because really, how is that hurting anyone?

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

I honestly don't really believe that it matters that much. I used to keep my pass in a lanyard mainly because it seemed easier but eventually I just carried them in my wallet. It just never seems like too big of an issue when I'm visiting the parks.

I don't often notice lanyards much but when I do I always assumed it was so people had a place to put their pins.

• Familymemories

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    I think it's foolish to wear your annual pass on a lanyard. The clips on those lanyards are not the best, and neither are the sleeves. Your pass could just fall off, and you wouldn't notice until you went to use it, since it adds virtually no weight to your lanyard. I would never wear my annual pass on a lanyard because I would be afraid it would fall out and I would lose it. To those who wear their driver's licenses on their lanyards, not the smartest idea, a great way to give everyone your identity.
    That's what a carribeaner clip is for. They don't come off that way.
    Vintage Jewelry Converted Into Wearable Pieces Visit My Etsy Shop3 Kid Crop Shop

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    To those who wear their driver's licenses on their lanyards, not the smartest idea, a great way to give everyone your identity.
    No one puts their License on display - it is sandwiched between other cards in the holder such as the AP and Fastpasses. Don't wear the AP to show off - just for easy access. Never had one fall off, and are much more secure than in my wallet - in my back pocket where any reasonable pickpocket can get to it.

• I'm wishing

I don't care. I don't wear lanyards usually, but there are certain events/competitions that I go to where they give you a lanyard to wear. When that occurs, I find it's very handy to use...it holds my AP, my fastpasses, and if i really want to be able to hurry, my ID and a credit card. The only reason I don't wear one if I'm not wearing a lanyard for another reason is that it isn't really a look that I like and it's sometimes annoying to the back of my neck.

Are we kidding with using an AP as a status symbol??? You can't tell which level people have and the lowest level isn't much more than a 1 day hopper ticket! There are a million AP's, so there is absolutely no status to having an AP, any thought that it's "showing off" is more a reflection of the thoughts of the beholder of the pass than the holder of the pass.

I never noticed it. Maybe because I don't "people watch" at all.
    I don't care where people keep their aps. I do wear mine on a lanyard but because I don't like having the pass move around with my movement, I always put it underneath my shirt.
    ~things are looking mighty satisfactual~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast