View Poll Results: How do you feel about AP's worn on lanyards for all to see?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • It irks me

15 13.16%
  • I don't care

87 76.32%
  • I never noticed

11 9.65%
  • Thanks a lot, now it will be all I see!

1 0.88%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Disneyland History Lover

Re: How do you feel about AP's worn on lanyards?

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Even non ap'ers use lanyards for storing their park single day and multi day passes. It does make it easier to hold all your disney entrance tickets, fastpasses, and photo pass cards, and some still use the lanyard for pin trading. As for storing the AP in it, the AP can now be used as your photopass card and for discounts when making purchases, as wellvas obtaining fastpasses. Personally, I don't like to pull out my wallet, each time I need tovuse my pass. And quite frankly, I think they area LOT less annoying than those new wristbands at WDW
    Well said.

I've only recently become interested in getting a lanyard, and only after I found how convenient it was at the Gumball Rally. I almost never take my purse into the parks. If I'm going to be there all day, I'll take my backpack. At the Rally, I found that keeping my pass in my lanyard made it quick for me to pull out my pass at the entry gates as well as the Fastpass machines. I can also see how it'd be convenient when you're going to use it to get your discount at restaurants and shops. As such, I think I'm going to invest in a lanyard and use it for this purpose from now on. Does it look a bit nerdy? Probably. But if it'll make things that much easier, I don't see a problem with it.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by JulieMouse View Post
    Are we kidding with using an AP as a status symbol??? You can't tell which level people have
    Actually, to an extent you can tell. The Premier Passes look different.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

1. I guess if you're used to wearing a Lanyard with your Company ID and access card all day, wearing one at play would feel natural. But why you'd want to feel like you are at work on your day off is beyond me...

2. It does make it easier for certain people to act like an Annual Passholder with the "I pay your salary, you do what I tell you to!" act - they have the proof right there to wave around - and I've seen it happen.

3. I guess they like turning around and going back to the house, or the hotel room - Someone in the family will forget their pass lanyard, or lose it around the house... Your wallet, you darned well better know where it is every minute, and if it gets lost you notice it fast so tracking it back are far easier. If your AP is in your wallet, you can always decide on an impulse "No, we're not going home - we're halfway to Disneyland!!"
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

As an AP holder, I don't wear a lanyard, but that is just because I don't like to deal with it. I have a special "vacation" wallet on a chain that I carry inside the park. It just makes it a little easier. I basically have the AP's for the family, my ID and a little cash in that wallet.

My wife does wear a lanyard and she always carry's the fast passes for quick retrieval.

I don't care if somebody is wearing a lanyard with or without their AP in it. It is of no concern to me, and it really isn't any of my business.

The only theme park I wear a pass or ticket on a lanyard is Universal Studios in Florida. Your hotel room key is your "Universal Express" pass and on-site hotel guests just show it for their version of Fast Pass. Since you're on & off rides so quickly, I do wear it on a lanyard so I don't have to dig it out of a handbag every time. And on a roller coaster, it goes in a pocket.

Im a new AP holder, and Im not comfortable wearing it around my neck. It feels showy to me, and I would be concerned that it would catch on something and Id lose it. But really, I dont care what anyone else does with theirs.

• Dont make me unfriend you

I'm not an AP holder. But when we go to DL, I use a lanyard. I a couple of different ones I've gotten through the years. They have a zippered pouch. Since I have 5 kids, I put all of their tickets in the pouch. Then I have them easily to get the Fast Passes. Fast Passes also go into the pouch. Keeps them handy and unbent.

Yes, looks dorky. But I'm 12 hours from home when I'm at DL....
    Jeff made me famous!
    From the Mouth of the Mouse.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I keep my AP in an old "Fastpass Holder" I bought over 10 years ago at WDW that's on one of those retractable cord things and has a clip on the back of the mouse ears thingy. Here's a photo I found on Google Images (mine says Magic Kingdom though):

Google Image Result for http://timerovertreasures.com/store/images/mgmfastpassholder.jpg

I keep mine in there to protect it, but I don't keep my pass out on display for the world to see. I keep it clipped to a pocket onside whatever bag/backpack I have with me that day so I can find it easily.

However... at Busch Gardens, the thing is wearing your AP on a lanyard. I actually have a pretty beaded lanyard I keep my BG pass in. It's just something I've always done. I'm not trying to show off... I just like to have my pass within easy reach because I don't like keeping it in my wallet.

If people want to show off their AP's, that's their prerogative. They only look like fools if they act like fools. To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwingdolt View Post
    I've read a lot of animosity towards AP holders.
    So I ask, based on seeing several people wearing their AP on a lanyard.
    personally, I just don't "get" why you'd wear an AP on a lanyard. They check it at the gate and when you purchase food/merch. When I purchase food/merch, I usually open my wallet, which also holds my AP. seems simple enough, doesn't it?

how do you feel about it.

Please explain your vote.

Thanks!
    Most people who do that think it'll keep them from loosing/forgetting it, but since most lanyards have "breakaways" on them, you'll find that it's one of the top ways tickets are lost. (I seem to remember a tip about this in the "Unofficial Guides".)

Even though there are some APs who annoy the crap out of me, I really don't mind them wearing their cards around their neck. I just don't like the few who stand out there and do it for boasting purposes.

I was at WDW last week and thought that wearing the pass using a lanyard would come in use so I don't have to get my giant George Castanza wallet out every time I wanted to get into the park or get a Fastpass.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

My boyfriend and I each wear a lanyard around our necks. I found it easier than sticking it in a pocket or something. When I first got my pass, I put it in a wallet, in a hip bag. Found it was sort of cumbersome to then get out to park hop and purchase things. Tried it in a wrist wallet. Same problem. Then the wrist wallet slipped off which caused me to pay $20 for a lost AP. So now I just wear it around my neck. It also has a back pocket that I keep the entertainment schedule(s), cash/cards and other small things with me. The front pocket holds my AP and any FastPasses. It also is easier for my boyfriend since he simply reaches down into the lanyard, pull out the AP, hand it to the CM, and back into the lanyard it goes. Otherwise, he has to fiddle with his wallet in order to feel which card is the correct one. To some, it may be showy, but for us, it's just easier. Plus ours has a clear front since they were purchased at Staples, so PhotoPass can scan right through it. We were able to just show the lanyard to the Ticket CMs, and it would scan through with the hand scanner, but we have to pull it out and show the CM with the IPod and then physically hand it to the CM at the computer/turnstile. No biggie. It's always there so it is a quick in/out of the lanyard. Put the lanyard over your head and you're ready to go! =) Been using a lanyard for at least 3-4, maybe 5 years now! And you see other AP holders with lanyards, and even some non-AP holders with lanyards, usually of the pin trading variety once they realize that they can fit paper tickets and fast passes. And some restaurants across the way (i.e. Coco's at Katella and Disneyland Drive, Millie's at Harbor and Manchester) sell lanyards and wallets as well. Just my two cents!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234